Devs, please add the following already completed hood down armors to the game.

JohnRoy

Aphelionknight, I couldn't have said it better if I tried. But the good news is more and more people feel like you every day and add their voices to the effort, and the solution IS as easy as you describe.

They do have the armors. They aren't stupid. No one likes to be bait and switched and they know it, and as long as we continue to keep up the fight, I have no doubt they will make the Jedi player base happy and let us see the characters we created. I mean, why would they not?

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the devs will realize the importance of this issue, it is slowly destroying my game experience. I am amazed by myself on how much this issue is actually bothering me, and I can't understand how such an issue would make it to the retail game.

Geez, isn't it obvious ?

So they can add it in updates, and make people feel like they worked on new stuffs, and that they're adding variety. If everything was available at first, people would feel that everything stays the same.

Marketing.

Though, since the current situation for Jedi is unacceptable, I advise them to change that ASAP.

This

I've learned to look at everything BW says, ever since I received my deluxe edition items and had to re-read what I thought it said and what it really said. While it is great we got a response be aware they will do exactly what they said they would, take it to the art department because...?

All those great teaser armors will be in as quoted above, when you buy the next installments to get to level 60, 70, 80.

BW does nothing without a plan, it may (or may not) have been an oversight but you can be sure it is now a plan:jawa_evil:

While I'm happy with the Aspiring Knight's Vest I have, I do want to see this option available.

And as has been pointed out, when hooded robes are worn on Twi'lek characters the game knows to remove the hood...

Why couldn't this function be tweaked into an optional toggle for the other races as a 'short term fix' while a more robust system is worked on?

This

I've learned to look at everything BW says, ever since I received my deluxe edition items and had to re-read what I thought it said and what it really said. While it is great we got a response be aware they will do exactly what they said they would, take it to the art department because...?

All those great teaser armors will be in as quoted above, when you buy the next installments to get to level 60, 70, 80.

BW does nothing without a plan, it may (or may not) have been an oversight but you can be sure it is now a plan:jawa_evil:

If you read carefully, they said they already had the voice actors in for a few months, already working on the "new future content". Though, I'm pretty sure that doesn't mean "new pack".

I think they want us to believe they're giving us free content while it was already made when we payed the game. Thing is, we won't get it before several months because they want us to stick around. Each month we'll get a new carot.

Though, if the "carot" isn't butt fixing and hoodless pieces THIS MONTH, I'm out. Their strategy is fine when it doesn't ruin the player's enjoyment. And it does right now.

I've been thinking about this and another solution may be possible. I don't know for sure on the Republic side, but on the Imperial side, hooded chest armor defaults with the hood up if the head slot (helmet) is set to not display. Perhaps if there were helmets that had no visual image; call it a necklace or a brooch; that players could equip but with the helmet display set to on, then chest hoods would be down by default. And with no image associated with these brooches and necklaces, the players would see the character's head in all its' naturally rendered glory.

I've been thinking about this and another solution may be possible. I don't know for sure on the Republic side, but on the Imperial side, hooded chest armor defaults with the hood up if the head slot (helmet) is set to not display. Perhaps if there were helmets that had no visual image; call it a necklace or a brooch; that players could equip but with the helmet display set to on, then chest hoods would be down by default. And with no image associated with these brooches and necklaces, the players would see the character's head in all its' naturally rendered glory.

Though that makes the hood disappear. It looks way less cool than a "hood down". Especially on body type 2 with those thin neck :/ .

No hood is still better than hood up.

There are a trillion easy way for BW to fix this. Obviously they don`t want to.

No, no it's not. It's "just as easy".

The function to remove hood (that's a lame function as it should make the hood down anyway, but I agree it's better than hood up) is in the game ? So are the Hood down robes and capes we want. So it's really just as easy. But one has a much better visual result.

No hood is still better than hood up.

There are a trillion easy way for BW to fix this. Obviously they don`t want to.

I'm not sure if this is true. It's only been a week. The item system was changed crastically in late summer, who knows if this not a bare bones item list, the most they were able to complete with the new system. It certainly feels minimal, with re skins everywhere, not just on hooded chestpieces. Maybe they aren't done?

They have a ton of stuff that's broken all at once. But a the end of the day, it doesn't really matter how much they want to do it. We want them to, and in the end there is simply no good reason not to add in the armors they have already made to the game and fix the lack of hood down choices. They will do what is right for the game, and making their player base happy is.

Adding hood down versions of the moddable chest pieces for Jedi that are currently hood up only is not hard. And they certainly should feel some responsibility for the bait and switch and for the lack of enjoyment from the Knight players.

I have faith that they will come around soon, but we need to keep it up.

EDIT: The Stephen Reid response is encouraging as well, as almost no other entreaties for a response have been answered.

Edited by JohnRoy

Bumping this because my Sith Warrior is awesome without the hood and there is absolutely no reason I shouldn't have the same option with my Jedi Knight.

I agree with this. I don't have a Sith Warrior, but I want my Jedi to look cooler...

Honestly, I just want the outfit the Jedi Knights were during character creation. I have all that gear visually now, but the hood is up and my Jedi is bald...

Right now there are 10 different styles of Heavy Armor chestguard that come in moddable versions (not counting recolors)

I have seen hood down versions on the website of 4 of them complete. Tython NPC's have a hood down version of the Peacekeeper's chestguard, bringing it to 5.

Half of the work is done. We're only talking about making new hood down versions of 5 items at most, and mostly likely those are done as well.

I can't imagine the Medium Armor workload is much harder.

This really is a minimal effort on the Devs part that would bring a lot of relief per hour spent. I hope they accomplish it soon.

Tomorrow is patch 1.0.2....with any luck, if we keep our voice heard, we may get our armor in 1.0.3. The holidays are over so they'll have a more full staff, hopefully if the right person sees our board they'll see its as simple as throwing in a few moddable versions of the hood down armors.

Really all they have to do is this, you know how most quests give you a choice between a sentinel or guardian version of armor when you finish? Extend that choice to hooded or unhooded as well.

I would reroll my 50 Jugg into a Guardian in a heartbeat if they brought in the "hood down" option OR just made a whole lot of hood down armors. Yeah, it bothers me that much. Edited by Romick

That's it guys, I... am wearing the goggles. I was tired of my "prince" look (the white and golden cape, ya know). So I put some sentinels cloth on, with googles.

Well as I had a lot of hair, it kinda hides it, and strangely, as sentinels cloth have a lot of stuff like that, it doesn't seem too weird.

Wonder how long I will last till the illusion is broken again. At least it doesn't have the fat butt.

(talking about that, think about upping the butt thread or they'll think we're over it D; I'm the last post I don't wanna double post)

Question....where did you find the prince look? I've been trying to find decent hoodless armor with a cape...with no luck...

Keep in mind that if you see a green piece somewhere, there *is* a craftable orange version.

Partially moddable premium (green) items were removed as they essentially lied to the players: an item missing a mod slot would never be able to match a high end non-moddable item. Instead, to compensate for the loss of diversity, orange versions of all green armors was created and given to the crafters. So, yes, if you see a green armor you really like, you still can have that appearance until end level. It does take a bit of work - you either need to become a crafter yourself, befriend one or trawl the GTN.

Bold mine. Though it's not mentioned here, all the blue pieces I've seen have a green equivalent. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a moddable version of the blue chest we saw upthread.

That said, due to the rarity of orange hoodless robes, I've been using a piece of Smuggler gear (RD-03B Coordination Jacket) from Reicovis, the Specialty Goods vendor on Nar Shaddaa.

It doesn't look all that "Jedi", but it looks better (to me) than the hooded robes. It even matches okay with the Jedi gear I am wearing.

-Kai-Lunn

Edit: Clarity and structure.

Edited by KaiLunn

I pass on the information I have, and I'm told it's a considerable task for the art team. I don't give out 'hogwash' as a general rule. ;)

That said, I'll pass on these suggestions to those responsible and see what I get back. Studio's a little light on bodies this week but I will try my best to get some info.

This is a lie. Take any JK hooded armor in-game and preview it. While previewed, preview a helm that is an actual helm and not just a pair of shades. The hood is down. All of the artwork for hoodless robes are in-game. The issue is, all of the JK head gear is shades, so the hood shows, or if you disable Helm in options, apparently a hood doesn't count. When you select the "disable Helm" option, the hood should also be disabled. Additionally, it should do the same for your companions.

Edited by amonre

This is a lie. Take any JK hooded armor in-game and preview it. While previewed, preview a helm that is an actual helm and not just a pair of shades. The hood is down. All of the artwork for hoodless robes are in-game. The issue is, all of the JK head gear is shades, so the hood shows, or if you disable Helm in options, apparently a hood doesn't count. When you select the "disable Helm" option, the hood should also be disabled. Additionally, it should do the same for your companions.

^this is exactly what I thought when i read that comment. I'm sure eventually we'll get the ability to make hoods go up and down (can you imagine a nice animation with it!, but i wont get too greedy)