Why aren't Weapons a Part of Outfit Designer?

Elemutation

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I would love this too, I can see how it would take considerably more effort, because a bunch of new models would need to be built for this to be implemented. But hey, we're taking steps in the right direction!

Actually it wouldn't, the armour pieces are stored as modular components in the game files, it would literally be as simple as just not including the hood for that particular armour piece.

This is true of most of the "extras" on a chestpiece, such as crotch/butt flaps, shoulder pads/spikes, hoods, armbands etc.

We've been discussing this one a lot recently, and we're working on how we could fit it into the schedule for this year. Once that gets firmed up we'll let y'all know :)

Good news, thx for the update and the effort.

Now let's speak how to both have a decent credit sink and eventually a money grab from happy players.

• Each outfit can have a dedicated weapon slot
  • Weapon slots can be unlocked by either credits or CC depending you are subbed or not
  • The same weapon can be used in different weapon slots with different crystals or weapon customization
  • A new slot is added to weapons to customize its sound
  • Sound mods are added to the game

Then regarding armors you can also add armor mods slots that will add either effects (ex Tactical infantry), droids (ex: Battleworn Engineer) or whatever else that looks cool!

Finally you can hide any gear slots without having to buy the insanely expensive covert armor off the GTN

(BTW before anyone saying, I'm the lucky owner of the full set unlocked on my legacy).

P.S.: I know it's not realistic still personally I'd like to be able to tie specific mounts and pets to each outfit designer slot. As for some of us depending on our character current location we switch and match everything from weapons to pets and mounts, both type and colors.

Edited by Deewe

We've been discussing this one a lot recently, and we're working on how we could fit it into the schedule for this year. Once that gets firmed up we'll let y'all know :)

Now this is cool!

One thing I'd love, if possible...is to have the appearance of one weapon, with the sound of another. There are some weapons with an appearance I like, but sounds I dislike.

If Outfit Designer could change the appearance of a weapon, and use the sound of the actually equipped weapon, that would be awesome.

OMG Charles is alive!!

Guys when was the last time 3 different Bioware people actually posted on forums?? :)

Edited by merovejec

Please please please (with a couple of tonnes of cherries on top!) make it independently selectable, so I can change weapon look without having to change armour look and vice versa!

Please please please (with a couple of tonnes of cherries on top!) make it independently selectable, so I can change weapon look without having to change armour look and vice versa!

It's just one/two slots, you can carry the weapons with you if you want to switch them for an outfit.

Better than having BW spend a lot more hours developing a separate outfit slot interface for weapons.

Edited by Eli_Porter

I guess a hood setting would be useful but not really essential when you can easily enough put hoods down on hooded outfits with the use of certain circlets which end up barely visible if you have hair but will lower the hood. Some circlets don't do it though so preview before buying till you hit the right one.

And hood disappear completly, and robe looks like coat... no thanks dumbest look ever :p

http://imgur.com/AmVjkm8

While I would love this too, I can see how it would take considerably more effort, because a bunch of new models would need to be built for this to be implemented. But hey, we're taking steps in the right direction!

Easy and fast way is to add to every armor set a cheast piece with hood down (for therse that are default hood up) and add it to Collections.

For example You buying Exiled Master robes full set. You equip and Exiled Master set is in collection. You take it from collection and You got automatically in inventory pants, boots, gloves, belt, chestpiece hood up (default) and chestpiece hood down. They could add for example 5 robes per patch (not a lot of work) and in future we could have all/most of them in two versions. About Exiled Master robes, the NPC's already have hooded down version (Dromund Kaas boss or Tier IV Consular gear on rep fleet http://imgur.com/4A2pw9T)

Edited by tummiswtor

I guess a hood setting would be useful but not really essential when you can easily enough put hoods down on hooded outfits with the use of certain circlets which end up barely visible if you have hair but will lower the hood. Some circlets don't do it though so preview before buying till you hit the right one.

Oh, the various headgear that does this is immensely useful indeed, but gets removed in cutscenes like helmets so you end up with the hood up again. :(

It's just one/two slots, you can carry the weapons with you if you want to switch them for an outfit.

Better than having BW spend a lot more hours developing a separate outfit slot interface for weapons.

Good thing I'm not using an Eternal Commander MK-15 (T2) that costs a lot of doodlypoints to get, then.

Oh. Wait. I am using an Eternal Commander MK-15. But I don't want it to look like that. (Before that, I was using an MK-14 that made me look like one of those people advertising Coca Cola or something, with a giant can on my back. Uglier than a very ugly thing, and not moddable.)

While that doesn't actually mean we will get it, at least you are looking at the possibility.

So thats a start.

Omg I'm so grateful I've been holding onto old orange and purple weapons, and even cool green named ones! I'm so ready to open the wallet a little for this change.

You're not alone...I hoard too much crap myself. I held onto my Elite Warhero Gear, PRAYING there would eventually be an appearance tab...and there WAS!!! Sadly, all start at 60 toons got the same armor (minus helmet), but I have the original ;)

Oh, the various headgear that does this is immensely useful indeed, but gets removed in cutscenes like helmets so you end up with the hood up again. :(

Ahhh yeah that sucks soooo much. For me though it will only happen in companion conversations. But of course they are usually the main ones you want a hood down on

I think most players would love this appearance feature added to the game. So great to hear.

That said.... note closely what Charles said and how he said it. It's VERY open ended. It may end up like other things promised in the past... where they say they are working on something and then come back later and tell us they could not get it to work and have tabled it.

Also note >>>> this is the first post in the forum from Charles in almost two years, even though he is Creative Director for SWTOR, and has had a key role in SWTOR for years. Positive context: If Keith achieves nothing as Producer other then more transparency and interaction with players by key people responsible for the progress of SWTOR.... that is good news. Negative context: But of course it's not enough.. words have to be followed up by actions that match the words.

I have to give this "promise" a vote of -------> embrace it if/when we actually see it, and temper expectations until then.

Edited by Andryah