CXP rank 300 ! Checking out gear

Zwirni

Actually it wasn't that hard.

First week: farming Elites on Dromund Kaas in 24 man group, roughly 21 hours to reach cap.

Second week: farming KP SM, roughly 33 hours to reach cap.

Third and fourth week: Veteran Uprisings, roughly 36 hours to reach cap per week (only opening packs while 25% cxp boost + darkside victorious)

Edit: And yes, I burned through roughly 42 cxp boosts. But they are pretty cheap in the GTN so w/e

You are lucky.

On my server boosts vary in price from 1,650,000 to 1,999,999 depending on the day.

Okay, I have 800M, but I don't want to spend +60M on boosts that should be part of being a subscriber.

I don't want to support paying extra to decrease grinding, that just encourages BW to add more RNG grinds.

So that would cost me 69,300,000 credits.

Edited by AshlaBoga

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it wasn't that hard.

First week: farming Elites on Dromund Kaas in 24 man group, roughly 21 hours to reach cap.

Second week: farming KP SM, roughly 33 hours to reach cap.

Third and fourth week: Veteran Uprisings, roughly 36 hours to reach cap per week (only opening packs while 25% cxp boost + darkside victorious)

Edit: And yes, I burned through roughly 42 cxp boosts. But they are pretty cheap in the GTN so w/e

36 hours per week means 5 hours per day. Or 2 boosts per day and one day doing something else... I just got really mad after grinding for 6 hours today. :eek:

So, after all that, you still do not have the gear needed to do NiM content that you probably could have done with the gear you already had in November.

RNG is bad, but a RNG grind with no reward at the end, no new content and not even a full set of gear, is just poor design. There is no excuse for it, and I don't want to hear anything about luck. By basing the whole thing of RNG, they designed it so players would get this far and not have all the gear, it is the way they want it to work. This is exactly what RNG gearing is supposed to do.

I'd like to thank the OP and players who push the limits of the system like him, they give us the proof of what the system is in reality and given some people's refusal to accept what RNG gearing actually means, including the devs, we need that.

Why do you have a 230 set armoring when you don't need it for the set bonus? You can just put a 240 plain armoring in there instead.

When you played a Korean grinder for that amount of time it's a matter of principle ;-)

Edited by Zwirni

People don't know the system will be changed in 4 weeks with 5.1 to let us work for specific set parts ?

Not quite true.

Some players will get a method to trade in for specific pieces, there will still be no way to target specific content to get a specific piece.

5.1 will be too little too late, and will treat the wrong symptoms, with the wrong methods, for the wrong reasons.

5.1 makes things worse, not better.

All The Best

RNG is bad, but a RNG grind with no reward at the end, no new content and not even a full set of gear, is just poor design. There is no excuse for it, and I don't want to hear anything about luck. By basing the whole thing of RNG, they designed it so players would get this far and not have all the gear, it is the way they want it to work. This is exactly what RNG gearing is supposed to do.

I'd like to thank the OP and players who push the limits of the system like him, they give us the proof of what the system is in reality and given some people's refusal to accept what RNG gearing actually means, including the devs, we need that.

Of course it is working as intended. I've told people this since it was announced. They took the model directly from Galaxy of Heroes mobile game. Grind or buy ****** RNG boxes, that more often than not, have the BARE MINIMUM in them. The only way to get the good stuff is to fork out $100 when they release it as a full pack, and even then, you are still grinding to get them to max.

Do the math, he is at 300 (at this point, every level is now like going from 299 to 300). He's already what $40 in at least in boosters (yes he bought them on GTN, but someone still paid for them). So now multiply that $40 (at minimum) by say even HALF of the players, and you see why they are doing this.

Do the math, he is at 300 (at this point, every level is now like going from 299 to 300). He's already what $40 in at least in boosters (yes he bought them on GTN, but someone still paid for them). So now multiply that $40 (at minimum) by say even HALF of the players, and you see why they are doing this.

Yep, that's what I said before as well. I already calculated it would cost another 40 bucks extra per month to play this game. A sub is what used to be a prefered player and to be a full sub you need to pay that 40 bucks extra.

So 55 bucks a month and you still have to pay more than that to get the cool items via cartel gambling. As you say, it doesn't have to be you that pays it but someone has to.

I could say that anyone willing to pay that for a game with old content (remember you don't need to stay subbed to play the stories), well, I could call them mad but we all have to decide what their hard earned money is worth to them.

This is just going too far for me. And yes, you can do it without, but a sub shouldn't have to pay for this boost in my view.

How about a rested CXP bonus eh Bioware?

Hi! Thanks for porsting this, although it has destroyed any motivations or little hope I had left for this system. This 100% proves to any defenders, fanboys or deniers that this system is trash. We have a player here who hit Command rank 300, and doesn't even have full 240 gear. Just for one character, and still he has one (or more?) 230 pieces. I certainly won't bother resubscribing. I will only keep playing now for DS/LS tokens, and conquest for my guild.

I'll stick with 228/230 crafted and augmented gear, and just main ESO until EAware starts thinking again.

Thank you for putting the final nail in the coffin mate :)

Yep, that's what I said before as well. I already calculated it would cost another 40 bucks extra per month to play this game. A sub is what used to be a prefered player and to be a full sub you need to pay that 40 bucks extra.

So 55 bucks a month and you still have to pay more than that to get the cool items via cartel gambling. As you say, it doesn't have to be you that pays it but someone has to.

I could say that anyone willing to pay that for a game with old content (remember you don't need to stay subbed to play the stories), well, I could call them mad but we all have to decide what their hard earned money is worth to them.

This is just going too far for me. And yes, you can do it without, but a sub shouldn't have to pay for this boost in my view.

How about a rested CXP bonus eh Bioware?

Honestly? Save the Sub money, and put it into ESO gold edition. Seriously, the best decision I've ever made. Great community, great PvP balance IMO (so far from what I've played). Sieging castles and forts in pvp is amazing too, not to mention that a monthly sub is NOT required for the "full" experience either. What is the equivalent of a single swtor Sub....gets you so much more. That being said, swtor does class stories and such far better, however, that content you don't need a Sub for.

In short SWTOR Sub for RNG trash (Sub is required to use the RNG command rank system), or ESO gold edition?

Honestly? Save the Sub money, and put it into ESO gold edition. Seriously, the best decision I've ever made. Great community, great PvP balance IMO (so far from what I've played). Sieging castles and forts in pvp is amazing too, not to mention that a monthly sub is NOT required for the "full" experience either. What is the equivalent of a single swtor Sub....gets you so much more. That being said, swtor does class stories and such far better, however, that content you don't need a Sub for.

In short SWTOR Sub for RNG trash (Sub is required to use the RNG command rank system), or ESO gold edition?

Since 5.0 I've stopped playing SWTOR except on designated raid nights and have picked up ESO again and I am really enjoying ESO. They've made huge changes since the Beta and ESO's first year; now it really feels like an Elder Scrolls game to me now that we have a justice system, vampires, werewolves, Dark Brotherhood and Thieves guild.

Regarding PVP I hate PVP in SWTOR but I'm enjoying ESO PVP because it feels like a battle since it's a huge open world PVP with actual objectives to take (Forts, resources, etc) and teamwork.

Edited by RagnarAugustus

Ohh I already have ESO :)

Glad you posted this after I found it on the German forum. Bioware need to know that getting 100s of boxes with complete garbage gear is not 'bad luck', it is NORMAL. If everyone gets nothing but garbage that's not just bad luck. People who actually get anything decent are exceptionally lucky, like winning the lottery. It's that bad. It's even more of a punch in the crotch when the 3 set bonuses you get are 230 legs then 234 legs then 236 legs FFS.

The new system is a very small step in the right direction but it is FAR from enough. They need to DRAMATICALLY increase the % chance of set pieces from crates as well as the new system. Currently it seems to be about 4% chance of getting a set piece if that. Plenty of people are over rank 100 now, some over 180 and very few got more than 3 or 4 set pieces in the first 100 ranks. I am 158 and have got 1 good 236 relic, 1 useless 236 relic and 2 legs at tier 2. The rest was just like tier 1 80% greens with some blue.

Harsh lol! :D

its true though they reward you for your grind. rank 300 and there reward was screw you play more cause they want people to and sub longer you might get full 244 and pieces you want at some point, maybe. That backfired, just look at them slowly backtracking in 5.1

But 5.1 bring back tokens pieces drop from bosses they still using RNG on everything but the last boss.

And there forcing people to play WZ 5.0 for quick command rank now there gona force people to get the token pieces to get specific peice, as if WZ didnt have enough idiots now there be even more,

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.