Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Champion mobs in operations nerfed from 20 CXP to 5 CXP with no patch note.

DakhathKilrathi

This is exactly what is wrong with the current setup....band aids after band aids. This will continue to happen, IMO, as long as this system remains set up as is...players will continue to find ways to grind out CXP on a fast track. The flaws of the current setup can not, IMO, be repaired by plugging holes here and there...and Bioware is creating a nightmare scenario for themselves, having to run after every exploit the players find.

I said it before, I will say it again...

The weekly cap is TOO HIGH. The solution is not to continue adjusting CXP payout every week. The solution is to DRASTICALLY REDUCE THE WEEKLY CAP. That is the ONLY solution, IMO, that will discourage CXP farming, along with a few other changes...

Removal of level cap for Command or increase it to something like 5000

Allow pieces of tier armor to be converted to tokens instead of CXP and open a vendor on Odessen

Substantially increase CXP from ALL sources and reduce CXP needed to level, especially 1 to 100

Finally, I recommend they give something like a .015 percent secondary stat boost, like class buffs, for every command level earned.

Doing all of this, IMO, would make the system next to perfect, having the widest possible appeal with the playerbase. There will still be folks that are unhappy, but IMO the vast majority of players will be satisfied.

Yup. This solves the whole KP farming thing, but between this and the gold nerf, it has also killed all CXP gained from Operations, FPs and Heroics...it's a joke. They have punished everyone from this day forward.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they treated it as an exploit, they would ban players.

They treat it as "undesired gameplay" and nerfed it.

That's nothing new in MMOs, Devs usually have a "vision" how their game should be played.

They tolerate "erratic behaviour" up to a certain the point, when it gets out of control, they act accordingly.

I've seen it over 10 years ago, and we all see it now.

Yep.

The notable change with 5.0 is they are actually making the distinction between unintended and exploit as they communicate changes. Even though that is a small change in their communications... it is an important one.

The cap is a safeguard, not a solution, and they have made that clear.

LA clearly had not read Erics post about coming changes to the design of GC before he wrote what you quoted.

Ah, yes, if there was an update I have not read it yet. And I think the current system has potential. I don't think RNG needs to be removed...just modified.

The cap is a safeguard, not a solution, and they have made that clear.

LA clearly had not read Erics post about coming changes to the design of GC before he wrote what you quoted.

The Thursday live stream they have scheduled is to share what changes in the GC system are coming, based on feedback. Of course not everyones feedback will be met, as some feedback is neither constructive nor particularly in line with the studios long term plan.... like removing RNG completely for example is not going to happen.

I saw Eric's post but that doesn't change my mindset on slowing down progression via a weekly cap vs. the current format. I'd rather they spend their developers time making new content rather than wack-a-mole in nerfing/raising CXP every week in a battle of content locusts vs developers.

They NEVER include every change made in a patch in the patch notes. Never have, never will.

If they did.. the patch notes would be many many pages longer and many do not even read them now... except to come back to the forum and call them liars and deceivers.

True.

Though one thing is omitting that you fixed, for example, an issue with crew skills window when you've sent 6 companions on missions while you're on your stronghold which made you spawn on starting planets departure area when you log back in (totally made that up ), or that they fixed some mountains in Aldeeran to prevent players from getting stuck.

But completely different thing this huge nerf to cxp gain on a patch that is supposed to address the problems the gearing system. C'mon

Not every change is worth mentioning. This one certainly should have been.

They NEVER include every change made in a patch in the patch notes. Never have, never will.

If they did.. the patch notes would be many many pages longer and many do not even read them now... except to come back to the forum and call them liars and deceivers.

You mean like what happened to the CSM...

Saying something is not intended but not considered an exploit means... they don't want us doing it and will make changes to discourage it, but not sanction players for doing it.

When they say it is an exploit.. expect to be sanctioned for it.

Terms are important... and they mean different things.

and the reason for not putting a change in patch notes is if it is an exploit. this was not. so it should have been in the patch notes. They have "forgotten" too many times. No more excuses, they lied, no more weaseling out of it.

Yup. This solves the whole KP farming thing, but between this and the gold nerf, it has also killed all CXP gained from Operations, FPs and Heroics...it's a joke. They have punished everyone from this day forward.

As a predominantly solo player, this "expansion" has felt like one kick in the teeth after another.

Some kind of reading comprehension issue for all of you.

Champion mobs prior to Jarg and Sorno in Karagga's Palace now reward 5 Command Experience (down from 20).

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/12132016/game-update-5.0.1-patch-notes

lol, need my tinfoil hat, it was on purpose, lolol

Because that was added a lot later than the patch notes we have had since yesterday. A bit late now to put that in once a large number has read them and moved on.

http://dulfy.net/2016/12/12/swtor-game-update-5-0-1-patch-notes/

Some kind of reading comprehension issue for all of you.

Champion mobs prior to Jarg and Sorno in Karagga's Palace now reward 5 Command Experience (down from 20).

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/12132016/game-update-5.0.1-patch-notes

lol, need my tinfoil hat, it was on purpose, lolol

That's been added since I posted this thread. You can check Dulfy's version of them for that.

As a predominantly solo player, this "expansion" has felt like one kick in the teeth after another.

I bet - they're removing the ability for a solo player to "play how they like" by reducing all soloable mobs to minuscule CXP gains. The time it takes to kill a champion solo for 5 CXP is ridiculous.

From patch notes

Ok someone already posted it. Didn't read through the whole thread when I posted. So the mobs sill grant 20 everywhere else. People will just find the next area that has a lot of champs in one spot and farm that.

Edited by HelinCarnate

From patch notes

This was only added after they patched it (and after I posted this thread for that matter). Here's the original.

Flashpoints + Operations

• Silaraz, a Dark vs Light World Boss, no longer remains spawned on Tatooine, and now only appears during a Light Side victory state as intended.
  • Veteran Battle of Ilum now grants 300 Command Experience (up from 100).
  • Veteran Czerka Core Meltdown now grants 300 Command Experience (up from 100).
  • The Command Experience values of Command Experience items dropped from Flashpoint encounters has been increased.

Edited by DakhathKilrathi

I was happy to 4 man the trash in KP because it was by far the most efficient way to gear. Why I want to gear is my business. If I want to go out of my way and do something a little grindy to get it, why is that a problem?

Its not a problem but its also not how KP was intended. Now good for you for taking advantage of the little less grindy way, but you really have no complaint if they go ahead and fix that unintended little less grindy way.

I was happy to 4 man the trash in KP because it was by far the most efficient way to gear. Why I want to gear is my business. If I want to go out of my way and do something a little grindy to get it, why is that a problem?

It's not and it should have been left alone...but Bioware needs you to be running Uprisings to prove they are popular to EA.

Don't let him get to you, he's just trying to provoke you.

If they wanted to eliminate the MORE grindy way people were farming KP trash mobs, they would have simply made them all EVADE after pulling. That way small groups could 4-man the mobs in the "less grindy" fashion and still get some semblance of worthwhile reward.

Now what they've done is kill KP off once and for all.

The system they have created means that the ONLY content most players will focus on is the one that provides the greatest CXP rewards. Since there's no way to get ANY valuable gear rewards from running ops, nobody will do them.

It's not and it should have been left alone...but Bioware needs you to be running Uprisings to prove they are popular to EA.

Don't let him get to you, he's just trying to provoke you.

So you think people exploiting an OPS should have been left alone? Do you really believe this or are you just here to stir the pot like you do in all the doom and gloom post?

Its not a problem but its also not how KP was intended. Now good for you for taking advantage of the little less grindy way, but you really have no complaint if they go ahead and fix that unintended little less grindy way.

I seriously think you work for EAWare. Or you are simply a troll. There are no other explanations.

I seriously think you work for EAWare. Or you are simply a troll. There are no other explanations.

There is no other explanation why somebody understands why they changed something that was being exploited? HAHA yeah ok I must be an EA employee!!

HINT: Try common sense..but that wouldnt work when all you want to do is cry about everything on the forums I guess

Edited by Furh

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.