Command points for doing PVP is absurd

CaptainDil

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for everyone who is only doin pvp but everything else (flashpoints etc) is USELESS to do cause CXP is CRAP

You dont want to understand it right?

Everyone except a few trolls would like to see all activities increase in CXP gain

can we please stop trying to make them worsen an already HORRID grind please?:eek::eek::eek:

^ RIGHT HERE^

What the other posters DON'T realize is that rather then take rational approach to fixing the other events that give CXP, to match the time investment it takes to complete them, the DEVS will take these statements and their logic will be "Oh, well PVP needs to get nerfed. Players are exploiting the system we implemented"

Good for everyone who is only doing pvp but everything else (flashpoints etc) is USELESS to do cause CXP is CRAP

You don't want to understand it right?

And what I suggest happens is that every event gives CXP = to the time played. Everyone knows FPs Planetary Heroics (All of them) take some time to run. They should get rewarded for that time. Because as it stands now, this system is NOT inclusive to everyone's play style.

Everyone except a few trolls would like to see all activities increase in CXP gain

How am I a "troll" for wanting to see CXP rates increase? How many hours a day/week do you play that you don't think the grind is horrible?

It's getting a lot more people PvPing, which has been fun. Idk I feel like this complaint is counterproductive, and more likely to come back and bite the players in the butt than to actually help us.

I think there are more people pvping but Ive noticed an increase in gamers not really doing anything. One guy just ran around and forced wave healed everyone. Nothing else.

I asked what was up and come to find out. He said win or lose, he gets more CXP doing PVP than anything else in game for the play time. Winning or losing didn't matter.

Come to find out he was right. You can jump into pvp and do nothing or everything and win or lose, get more CXP than anything but the hardest content. There is no use doing hard content and risking a wipe and losing, wasting time you could have been getting CXP else where 100% of the time running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

I expect to see more and more people in PVP doing nothing but getting the CXP points they want because win or lose. It's better, faster and easier than the rest of what swtor has to offer.

Edited by Quraswren

I think there are more people pvping but Ive noticed an increase in gamers not really doing anything. One guy just ran around and forced wave healed everyone. Nothing else.
You must play Imps in PvP...that's normal behavior Pub side. There are VERY few matches where I don't think to myself "how the hell could someone's numbers be soooooo low?". I don't say it, but I think it far more often than I wish to admit.

I know PvP will get you higher up the command rank quicker than anything else, which is BW's attempt to make players PvP. As such this was intended and doubt BW will lower PvP rewards or increase rewards for anything else. Not going to work in my case though . Not going to change the way I play, nothing will make me group again. I don't have an issue with PvP getting more GC points though. Edited by DreadtechSavant

You must play Imps in PvP...that's normal behavior Pub side. There are VERY few matches where I don't think to myself "how the hell could someone's numbers be soooooo low?". I don't say it, but I think it far more often than I wish to admit.

It's funny you say that. I used to play more on Imp side but now given the new one toon or screw your self over swtor end game. I play Pub only so you are dead on. JC server.

More people in PVP but clearly more just there for CXP because it is the most effective and assured way to get CXP for your play time, win or lose.

Get in, pretend to do something, get out as fast as you can and get in as many matches as you can in your play time. The guy was entirely right come to find out.

Edited by Quraswren

I know PvP will get you higher up the command rank quicker than anything else, which is BW's attempt to make players PvP. As such this was intended and doubt BW will lower PvP rewards or increase rewards for anything else. Not going to work in my case though . Not going to change the way I play, nothing will make me group again. I don't have an issue with it though.

I don't expect them to change it either. Since there is really nothing new at end game except uprisings and their barely worth running on the difficulty needed for decent CXP because of the risk in a wipe. any wipe or speedbump is lost CXP.

PVP doesn't risk that. Win or lose. Get great CXP. bw made sure to put easy and reliable CXP in pvp to drive gamers there and so thats why we are seeing that uptick.

No reason to work in a pvp match. Just pretend to do something and reap the rewards. It was clearly working as that guy had a much higher gc rank than me and I'd been doing a mix of things. Doing that is clearly a mistake.

Seems I might be doing more pvp but maybe I'll run around in their as a stim sales vender and see what happens. :D

i pvp on my sorc. had this guy in huttball. he would get the ball passed to him........... and then he'd just stand still. like i'd heal him constantly cause clearly he has ball. we tried telling him to run the ball. response: i don't want to. we told him to pass the ball, response : i don't want to. LIKE.......... ***

i am in full agreement to have pvp cxp nerfed big time just so the rest of the community can be up in arms about what bioware are doing.

Oh dear, looks like I was right all along. The bonus is now on GSF. So that means it will rotate every few days or so to other content

Should we nerf all of it?

Indeed it is! I've noticed that bioware is biased and want's to force people into doing what they want instead of having balance in the game when it comes to Galactic Command xp. I think the galactic command should be balanced and offer the same xp in all areas.

Indeed it is! I've noticed that bioware is biased and want's to force people into doing what they want instead of having balance in the game when it comes to Galactic Command xp. I think the galactic command should be balanced and offer the same xp in all areas.

Doh, you guys don't get it. The bonus is like a mini event, they'll move it around the content board. Next will be something flashpoints or operations. It's only one thing at a time and pvp only had it for a few days and now GSF has it.

So you all need to stop stressing. Your preferred content will come around soon, then it will move on to the next.

Except they are watching something else on second monitor. How could they get bored?

This guy has guide to farm CXP the laziest (and most annoying to others) way.

Except intentional losing in ranked in considered a punishable offense last season, hopefully they will also reset their czp lvl too.

Edited by Anishor

Doh, you guys don't get it. The bonus is like a mini event, they'll move it around the content board. Next will be something flashpoints or operations. It's only one thing at a time and pvp only had it for a few days and now GSF has it.

So you all need to stop stressing. Your preferred content will come around soon, then it will move on to the next.

Even with the CXP daily bonus, PvE activities reward far less CXP per hour of effort than PvE and GSF.

They claimed this system would let you 'play how you want to play'. But instead it's 'play something you may hate because other ways are a waste of your time'.

Edited by AscendingSky

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.