Vector Hyllis: Worst Romance Ever

Reluctance

He's not a "bug man" any more then you are, basically the Killik use their pheromones in combination with specific enzymes in their royal jelly to restructure the brain of their joiners. Other species become part of the hive mind.

So he's not a bug, he's a human that's been mind****ed by bugs, same as *MASSIVE CHAPTER TWO SPOILER*

The empire tried to do to you, basically.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is absolute Gold, the funniest thing on the Forums.

As a male playing a Fem OP (level 27) I never planned to pursue any of the male romance options, but after reading this post I might do it just for the laughs lol

I planned to romance Kali because she is crazy and I was sure she went both ways, then I realized Bioware didn't add in Same-Sex options.

I did accidentally romance Sanju Pyne on Balmorra lol

Edited by Ludstar

As a male playing a Fem OP (level 27) I never planned to pursue any of the male romance options, but after reading this post I might do it just for the laughs lol

I planned to romance Kali because she is crazy and I was sure she went both ways, then I realized Bioware didn't add in Same-Sex options.

Same. Kaliyo doesn't really interest me, but I had intended to romance Watcher 2 until I realized there were no same-sex options in-game (how disappointing - two hot girls with British accents, what could be better :D ).

I really like Vector's character. Unfortunately he doesn't like many of my dialogue choices, and I lost a huge amount of rep with him at the end of Act 1.

Guy playing a female Agent. Vector is just... odd. I don't think I've taken him out for a spin since they forced him on me when he was a Guest, and I can't imagine the attraction.

On the other hand, while my character doesn't agree with Kaylio at all, I've been holding out for a same-sex romance arc with her; it'd be an epic clash of personalities.

Count me in among the male players with a fem IA. I was sorely disappointed that BioWare didn't include same-sex romances like they usually do, since my DS-aligned agent meshes so well with Kaliyo's psycho anarchist attitude. Unfortunately, Kaliyo is Jack from Mass Effect 2, basically: all that angst waiting to be broken through, yet dead-set on men. Hell, they're both bald, too. I may have a Tank Girl fetish...

It would've been beautiful, Kal... Sex and 'splosions, all the time. I would've have shown you that being on the Empire's payroll had some perks, you heavily-pierced rebel you.

Hate to break it to you but they hinted that future gay romance was with future companions and not rewriting all the old ones to work. Makes sense if you already capped your companion's affection you missed all those companion quests and flirt options already. Any romance changes they make will be to new companions because its easier that way.

Noooooooo infinite sadness. :( But I guess that makes sense.

As I said before I'd much rather romance Kaliyo than Vector, though now that I've met Vector on Alderaan he seems cool. But I am going to have a hard time romancing him if he favors light side choices and runs away at the sight of murder and explosions. >.>

I'm pure dark side baby. Vector ain't ready for this jelly. :p

I love Vector, (but then I'm the wierdo that loved Thane). However, I can not stand the Killiks. They creep me out, I would wipe them from the galaxy if i could. Edited by Qishari
profanity

Awww... This makes me sad. I honestly adore Vector. From the first moment he spoke on Alderaan I liked him. He's really kinda sweet and gentle. Sure the Killik thing is a bit odd, though it's not like *he* is one, and the eyes did take some getting used to. He's sorta akin to Legion in ME2.

My favorite moment...

(minor spoiler?)

...was when he told me he had spent two hours eating a ration bar, he's just so darn cute sometimes. :D

Then again, I'm strange, and I also adored Thane to pieces.

Edited by Lyalla

Player's sex shouldn't have anything to do with it, but that's a great foot to start me off irtitated. I absolutely adore Vector. I don't find him at all repugnant. Perhaps some people are more Imperial than they'd realized. I play a Chiss Op (racism within the Empire? woo, unexpected conversational options!), and his concern about the many over the few pleases me. He's introspective, clearly leans Light side, and isn't overbearing. If you don't like him, it's because your personalities don't mesh, not because you're female.

For a while I was concerned that he might be a little too submissive, especially after having gotten used to Kaliyo's love of chaos and self serving attitude, but in the end I can't get enough of him.

I like the odd way he speaks. I like how he's occasionally surprised we've defeated our opponents. I like Vector.

That said... we could certainly use more options. It would be nice if we had 2 romancing options through companions for each sex. Clearly some of us find certain behavior more fascinating, entertaining, or vaguely attractive than others.

Also, I DID turn off his pheromone stance as soon as we arrived in my ship.

Yay Vector! Also, Yay Vector alternative!

Well. As a not so hetero male Imperial Agent, I don't exactly get too many romance options either. Poor Vector, I keep giving him these necklaces and clothes to try on and he just stares at me blankly. Maybe it's because I'm blue. I don't know. Oh Vector, why can't you just see the love we share. I know you feel it too.

Vector my sweet bug

Your aura burns the brightest

Won't you just be mine?

-Quarterz

I think its more of a problem that the only lightside char is a male which means I cant romance any of the girls. Because they are either hopelessly tied to the empire and the sith or just psychopathic. I swear kaliyo gets -1 atleast once each dialgue i have. If I could dump her on a rock and change to some other sane companion I would do it in an instant.

Oh geez, you guys are ridiculous. I'm a girl gamer but I don't give two ***** about the romances. If they're there, cool, I'll do them. If they're not very good on one class I'll just start leveling another in a while. Want a good romance? Watch Casablanca. They're not the main gameplay element and the argument that you won't be playing a class because the romance is crap gives fuel to the opinion that all girl gamers are shallow idiots. Romances are an aditional feature, not something that makes or breaks a game. There are plenty of good games featuring no romance whatsoever. If you're bothered with Vector, chill out and roll a trooper. Aric is dreamy xD

Gah! Really? The red Na'vi? The Catman? The flat like a board personality? Oh, tell me it was sarcasm.:D

No no, it's not just you. I don't have him as a full companion yet as I'm still running around on Alderaan, but I just cannot see the appeal in romancing a buggy!Borg man. Everytime I go back to talk to him I keep hoping that there will be some new redeeming anything to give me hope...but at this point I've resigned myself to being content with my little fling with Sanju Pyne back on Balmorra.

:\

Guess I'm going to have to roll a male character or, at the very least, some other class to see how the romance thing works in game.

This was definatley good for a laugh and im glad you didnt give out too much information on the Storyline, I'm also a female gamer and to be honest I like Vector I think his storyline was pretty interesting and hes fun to get to know...BUT Malavi Quinn is what a lot of other female gamers are raving about! :)

And yes to the previous posts Who doesnt want to rub forearms! :p

Noooooooo infinite sadness. :( But I guess that makes sense.

As I said before I'd much rather romance Kaliyo than Vector, though now that I've met Vector on Alderaan he seems cool. But I am going to have a hard time romancing him if he favors light side choices and runs away at the sight of murder and explosions. >.>

I'm pure dark side baby. Vector ain't ready for this jelly. :p

He loves anything supporting the Empire and diplomacy. Doesn't have to be a light side choice though. Just any comment that is in favor of the Empire.

He doesn't like cruelty, which is pretty much every dark side choice. But you only lose 2 affection for choosing dark side choices, so shoot people int he face all you want.

Edited by Kasrai

Gah! Really? The red Na'vi? The Catman? The flat like a board personality? Oh, tell me it was sarcasm.:D

actually...if you romance Aric Jorgan past act 2, he really DOES turn dreamy. Still my favorite of the ones i've played. Nothing like melting the ice to find the smokin' hot center.

I guess having been in the military myself changes my perspective, but I think Jorgan's character is one of the better-written companions across all the classes.

anywho, back to the thread title...Vector is growing on me. The eyes are a bit creepy, especially since all-black eyes are basically the ONE thing in horror movies that actually can succeed in giving me nightmares. The personality, however, is awesome.

But I chose Garrus in ME, so maybe i have an alien thing...

He loves anything supporting the Empire and diplomacy. Doesn't have to be a light side choice though. Just any comment that is in favor of the Empire.

He doesn't like cruelty, which is pretty much every dark side choice. But you only lose 2 affection for choosing dark side choices, so shoot people int he face all you want.

Yep, I mostly play light side so I've gotten lots of affection from Vector, but in one mission I had my patriotic agent take a dark-side option because it was more favorable to the Empire/the Sith and got lots of affection from him for it.

I've been playing a Sith Warrior as well and like Malavai too, but I actually prefer Vector to him. Malavai seems very professional/business-like and somewhat cold, whereas Vector has a warmer personality. But then again -- my Agent is 37 and my Warrior is 25, so maybe he opens up a bit more!

Edited by LeandraNyx

This thread delivers... Thank you sooooo much, OP. Very awesome.

I am baffled by those who can find someone attractive who:

1.) No joke: has a green, fly ridden fart funk that emanates from him in the cargo hold of my ship. --> Liz Lemon says, "That's a Deal Breaker, ladies."

2.) Has Damian, that's right, son of Lucifer, eyeballs.

3.) Wants to rub forearms and go to creepy keys-in-a-hat bug "parties". That does not sound like it ends well, particularly for me.

He's nice? They should give us a puppy for nice...

I picture my "hard on the outside/soft on the inside" Female IA being suckered for the Body Type 3 guy, with it always ending in heartbreak she has to bury... Vector looks like the "Let's be friends; you walk about in a green haze and that is gross" mold.

OP, please post more. You make me laugh... :)