Vector Hyllis: Worst Romance Ever

Reluctance

Greetings-

My wife completed the Vector lines, and I was most taken aback by the romantic encounters. If you think about the "nest" being expansive across the entire universe, and every member being linked to the nest... your character, overnight, becomes the biggest **** in the galaxy. Just my 2 credits.

Regards,

Androvis

or did you get promoted to hive queen?

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND! how can anyone be interested in romance in this game!? This is mmo you do pvp you gear up you raid. WHo cares about 3 lines of silly romance with NPC that ends with some marraige or I dont know what else. What does it even do? Any benefits? Your companion cooks for you increasing your endurace?

I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND! how can anyone be interested in romance in this game!? This is mmo you do pvp you gear up you raid. WHo cares about 3 lines of silly romance with NPC that ends with some marraige or I dont know what else. What does it even do? Any benefits? Your companion cooks for you increasing your endurace?

New to Bioware are you?

New to Bioware are you?

I played ME2 and there were some romance options, but that was a different type of a game, here it is MMO where endgame content is most revelant content. Where ppl enjoy leveling but their goal is max level and everything that happens after. And romance is like what? 3 lines of text? IF anyone wants to flirt with anyone than i suggest going to a club...

female players. Also male players who can point to thier npc and say with 100% certainty " i hit that".

If you don't like the romance option, don't do it. If you don't want ants in your pants, thats cool too.

If anything this option should make for a lot less cruddy self-inserted fanfiction, since there already is a romance plot played between you and that char LOL.

I love how all the girls want kaleiyo. She totally hits on me, but i save "just for fun" flings for work. We still totally bromance tho.

Speak for yourself.

I'm enjoying the character story for the classes, and if romance options make the story engaging, then why the hell not?

It's an MMO, and shockingly, people like different aspects of the game. If you wanna spend your time number crunching, then get a day job as a bureaucrat.

I really went "squick" when I realized they were going to force me to bring Vector along, especially since I could already tell he was the LI (ever since the whole "let's rub forearms" scene). I didn't even want him for a companion, much less romance. The Killiks are an enormous threat to all life on Alderaan, and Vector is definitely not being straight with you while you're doing the quest. Look at all the times you're fighting invasive Killiks while they supposedly help.

I appreciated the fact that he was a lightside companion who actually cared about the Empire, but I still would have killed him and the rest of the Killiks if I could.

and lmao at roach motels..if anything kaliyo would be the one with a "bug infestation"

i can picture vector chatting with them, and hearing the stories they have to tell of thier experiances across the galaxy.

I loled hard at this, so true.

And that's why i never let her come near me without a biohazard suit on.

OP is fantastic! Love it, because I feel exactly the same way. Now I'm a guy playing a female IA (I always did like that voice actor better, same with Mass Effect) and I'm seriously a bit surprised at Vector being the choice for romance. I mean, the choices ARE slim even though love Doctor Lokin... but couldn't they have come up with a more likeable character?

The problem is I hate all my companions except for Doctor Lokin, but that becomes a bit awkward since I'm a healer and he's a healer.

Kaliyo Romance Spoilers below.

Imperial Agent seems to be wrought with bad romances.

I just started and immediately ended my relationship with Kaliyo. She cheated on me, I've had that happen too many times for me to take that kind of disrespect from a game sprite.

Here's hoping Temple is a decent person.

So mad.

Because the other half that you're forgetting about with this game being an MMO...is that it is also an RPG. One of the most compelling RPGs, quite frankly, certainly in the MMO-sphere. And because it's Bioware. And Bioware romances in thier rpgs are *always* intriguing, and not usually for the ways that you initally expect them to be.

Kaliyo Romance Spoilers below.

Imperial Agent seems to be wrought with bad romances.

I just started and immediately ended my relationship with Kaliyo. She cheated on me, I've had that happen too many times for me to take that kind of disrespect from a game sprite.

Here's hoping Temple is a decent person.

So mad.

Temple won't cheat on you. She is a little odd, though.

I think you kind of know what you're getting into with Kaliyo...besides, I cheated on her constantly, sometimes directly in her presence and she didn't mind :)

Add me to the "YAY VECTOR!" camp. He's my Alistair, only not given to snark (and not voiced by Steve Valentine, who could give me goosebumps just reading the damn Yellow Pages).

He's introspective, sweet, attentive, and appreciates it when you do the right thing--and he suppresses the hive when he wants the sexytiemz so that they don't need to know about it, so I for the life of me can't see what is squicking some of you so badly.

Of course, it may also just be cos he reminds me of somebody that I allowed to get away, ages ago. :p

Dral'sisi

Sniper/Armstech 400

Elysium(US)

lol, the OP is funny..if a bit misinformed. As for the "having sexy times with the whole hive"...nope, doesn't happen. follow the romance and you'll see why/how (in one of the best romance scenes in the game that i've seen so far).

Vector has surpassed Aric Jorgen as my favorite romance, and i absolutely adore the philosophical mails he sends you after you're married.

So yeah, give him a shot...he brings a nice perspective to the whole killik thing, and for those who want to kill them all, you're losing a valuable potential imperial ally...

I was a bit taken aback with Vector when my character first met him, after all I hate bugs and anything associated with them with a passion. But after a while I got to see the gentle, loyal and compassionate side of Vector who made me at times question my dark side choices (after all, with Kaliyo around making dark side choice is way easier).

I had planned to be a lone and ruthless Agent but with Vector by my side that's at times impossible :p.

Secretly I hope "we" becomes "I" and that he'll eventually get sick of being a Joiner and talking about bugs all the time, but then at times I can see that's who he is now and how an alliance would be beneficial for the empire as long as they leave alderaan alone.

I really hope they implement more Companion dialogue and story in major patches.

Edited by Silknebula