Vector Hyllis: Worst Romance Ever

Reluctance

The quality of BW romances was always questionable. The last romance options that felt "real", to me at least, was Jaheira. Everything else they came up with to date is so incredibly stereotyped and even sexist I don't even know where to begin.

Ah man, slowly falling in love with a woman who lost her husband. That romance was great.

I personally thought the romance with Bastila in Kotor was amazing, but I have a serious love for Jennifer Hale. Metal Gear Solid, Brutal Legend, wherever I can find her, I love her.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While the posts were incredibly enjoyable to read through, I have to disagree. I dont know why but I love Vector, and even more so now that I got to change his face/hair (so much better looking).

My only disappointment is that I cant have a relationship with him!!! When are they going to add same gender romance arcs already?!?!

OP thank you for the laugh. The first part of your post is so accurate lol. I really dislike this companion as well and will nvr have him out as it is painful to get stuck in a conversation with him or always have him talk about the hive n stuff. By far one of the worst companions in the game. Of course that is just my opinion though.

Could be worse...YOU COULD BE DATING A JAWA! :mad:

Even that would probably be better, at least they are so small you could kick them if they creep you out.

Imo; even Quinn is probably better for females and he is a perpetually-sniveling, failed Imperial with a distracting mole (or two)on his face.

Joiners don't make for romantics....I think Bioware did it for the lulz. But, hey, Kaliyo is best anyway.

Edited by Belarrasus

I really like Vector, though I suppose my light side IA was so relieved that I was able to finally chuck that obnoxious Kaliyo into the cargo hold of my ship when I got him.

But seriously he's a wonderfully unique character, also helps that he more or less agrees with everything I say. The only thing I don't like about him is that he refers to himself as 'we'...just sounds a bit pompous even if that was never the intention.

But yeah, female IAs need more romanceable companions. Heck give them Kaliyo for same-sex romance in exchange for Vector for us males to romance :p

Edited by ZakMorgan

I love Vector :)

Made me feel really bad to go and kill bugs with him as dps. I was waiting for him to go on strike. But obviously in Vectors mind some bugs are better than other bugs.

Anyway, I found him weird and gentle and funny. He also runs away faster than I can, whenever something bad is happening in a cutscene, and thats totally so not masculine. In a way I think he is the exact opposite of what I expected the romance npc to be, and so I was constantly surprised by what was going on.

The only bad thing about Vector is that he is too good. I had to take some light hits when he was out because it bothered me to lose affection with him, eventhough I could buy it back. - oh well.

I can see why you disapprove of him being the only LI for female agents and I would agree with you from a normal player's perspective, that it seems odd that there isn't a more "normal" LI.

Personally I really find him interesting, and I like that he's so much more different than your normal LI from other Bioware games. It also fits in perfectly with my characters personality (yes, I'm a Role-player).

The female flirting/romance options are absolutely terrible in this game, imo.

I mean I appreciate they're there at all, but female characters seem to get literally half as many flirt options as males. Dare I say it it's a little chauvinistic on Bioware's part.

Through the whole of Act I my female agent has had about 2 options: guilt-sex with someone blackmailing her on Hutta, and hold hands with the spy on Balmorra. Literally, that's the entire extent of my options so far. Compared to other classes who seem to basically shag their way around the galaxy on a whim. Even my Jedi alt was flirting up a storm with almost every female NPC he saw, and they're institutionally repressed!

The female Agent is sassy and sarcastic and awesome, but just doesn't seem to get the same opportunities as the blokes :( I keep reading other people's posts going "Woo, got Watcher 2 into bed!" and "Did you sleep with the Baroness too? High five!" and I'm left with borderline r**e and hand holding :confused:

Edited by Cor_Blimey

ahaha when i found out about that he was the only romance option for females i laughed. he looks cool, but really does have the personality of a friggin rock and seems oblivious to anything that doesn't involve his hive stuff (which could be a plus for some people >.>)

meanwhile, the doctor seems a lot more interesting as a whole. i love when i get a quest to talk to him. the voice acting for his conversations are amazing and the chat options are generally pretty funny. too bad he's old, i guess.

shoutouts to SONGS OF THE UNIVERSE tho

Except my female friend absolutely loves him, and so do I. He's just such a nice guy and I love his hair.

EDIT: I'm bagging him when they release same-gender romance arcs! :D

I have kaliyo and mako on my hit list for this as well.

The female flirting/romance options are absolutely terrible in this game, imo.

I mean I appreciate they're there at all, but female characters seem to get literally half as many flirt options as males. Dare I say it it's a little chauvinistic on Bioware's part.

Through the whole of Act I my female agent has had about 2 options: guilt-sex with someone blackmailing her on Hutta, and hold hands with the spy on Balmorra. Literally, that's the entire extent of my options so far. Compared to other classes who seem to basically shag their way around the galaxy on a whim. Even my Jedi alt was flirting up a storm with almost every female NPC he saw, and they're institutionally repressed!

The female Agent is sassy and sarcastic and awesome, but just doesn't seem to get the same opportunities as the blokes :( I keep reading other people's posts going "Woo, got Watcher 2 into bed!" and "Did you sleep with the Baroness too? High five!" and I'm left with borderline r**e and hand holding :confused:

lol

Cry me a river, I'm level 43 female IA and still haven't gotten a piece yet. Course I'm looking for the same sex arc as well that might be why.

Tho my jedi guildies are galactic tramps. My only reassurance is I get to shank a sith lord instead of bang one.

I'm playing a female IA and I love Vector, although it is weird that he's the only LI for women to choose (both Kaliyo and Raina are awesome).

But I don't know...I think that when I play these games I have a tendency to go with the flow of the setting and aliens are a thing in Star Wars. It's like Mass Effect or even Dragon Age. Would I date a dinobirdkitty or an abomination in real life? Probably not. But part of the fun of sci-fi/fantasy RPGs is getting to step out of what I would do in real life and experience something different or weird (even if it's not that different).

That being said, Killiks are a sentient race and Vector is just a Joiner. While the hive mind thing is a little offputting, he himself is thoughtful enough and, most importantly, cognizant of his situation and how he is. I don't know, it just works for me and he's handsome, a good fighter and supportive of my light side IA in a way that Kaliyo definitely isn't. The romance may end up being terrible, but I like him enough that it's worth a try.

I love Vector to pieces. His personality is unique, he agrees with all my Light decisions, he's poetic, romantic, good looking, cultured and has a posh accent. I had a better relationship with Vector after three levels than that vulgar anarchist Kaliyo after thirty.

And I can't romance him because I play a guy. When they fix this (there is no "if") I hope they grandfather it. *sighs*

ROFL to OP

Best part is, I play male IA and find Kaliyo Djangiss for non-understandable, repelling, rude woman with creepy black sense for humor. I find Kaliyo almost like dirty, drunk, grunge girl, sitting in the dirt afront of the bar and drooling on almost empty bottle of beer crying for more. And then I came in, rescuing her sobering liver. Yes, you heard right, beer!

As oppose, Vector agrees almost to everything I say. Am I gay? Is Vector gay? Or is Vector just big ant agreeing with everything you say?

I also was incredibly happy to exile Kaliyo to the ship as well lol. The eyes took a little while to get used to but he's so sweet that I can't not love his character xD

I'd rather romance Vector than Kaliyo. At least he has an interesting personality; Kaliyo just wants to kill things. On my agent I ended up romancing the various Sith Lords and intelligence personnel just to irritate Kaliyo.

And while we're on the topic, what's up with Jorgan? [Trooper] All he does is ***** about how he got demoted - not attractive at all.

Sorry. FemAgent here, and I love Vector. Easily my favorite companion of all the ones I've seen over each class. Especially his semi-monotonous voice; it's kinda hypnotic to me. And his hair is amazing.

Oh, I love it when you talk insect, Vector!

Besides, can't you romance Doctor Lokin? I mean, he does look like he hangs out in front of a school and asks Younglings to climb into the back of his white speeder, but he's an option too, isn't he?

In all honesty, Quinn freaks me out. I'm disappointed that he's the healer; my Marauder will be stuck with him. He's just TOO nice looking. Has to be a serial murderer. Has to be.

EDIT: I'm bagging him when they release same-gender romance arcs! :D

Hate to break it to you but they hinted that future gay romance was with future companions and not rewriting all the old ones to work. Makes sense if you already capped your companion's affection you missed all those companion quests and flirt options already. Any romance changes they make will be to new companions because its easier that way.

I absolutely adore Vector. Like, I think I'm actually in love with him myself. >.>

And I am totally into all of the story stuff that's been going on since I started getting my faction up with Lokin. <3 how the storyline ties in with Vector's.