Current game version does not match the server's.

JimmySole

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears that the cartel market interface icon has changed .... has a "Stash" now ..... don't know what it is. However the error message (wrong version etc.) pops up on the character selection screen. I just selected "Play" on a char and the game seems to work OK though my cartel mkt clicky thing was moved so it was under a Bar .... so I just edited my interface and moved it to a clear space(It is smaller than the old round one) and all seems to be working OK. Cartel mkt looks normal ... stash ....well I don't know what it does yet ... but it pops up.

Will add msg if playing the game has problems.

The stash is the new CM pack management interface thing. Open a pack (including DvL reward packs and packs that came from them, if you are opening for the FIRST time), and the contents go in the stash and are available legacy-wide.

Woot, looking forward to playing Chapter 16 tonight! Not sure if I can stay up until 3-4am to play it but I'll try. :D

Meh ill probably be up at 10 PM finishing the last bits of the event, i just need 3 ops bosses, 1 WB (worldbreaker monolith, which is a pain because you have to find people with access to Ziost which not many people have because they have not done the ziost storyline). and a handfull of HM's

I took a day off today after working 12 straight days. Got some house cleaning done, some shopping, then I got home looking forward to some relaxing gaming. Did you guys fire all of the QC people? Maybe some experienced people left and you have in place others that are not that sharp? You pay peanuts and you know what get?

I never complain about program bugs; writing software of this magnitude is no small feat and I am always willing to give you guys a chance to fix stuff like that. But this... this took amateurs.

Yes, I'm freaking annoyed. Rant done.

Hey folks!

We have figured out what the issue is and we have a few options on how to proceed. What we are going to do is we are going to move tomorrow's maintenance up to right now, meaning there will no longer be a maintenance tomorrow morning. Within the next 15-30 minutes we will be bringing all servers down as we deploy Game Update 4.7 and Chapter 16.

This means that as the servers come back up 4.7 will be live and you will have access to Chapter 16 Early Access if you qualified. We do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, but with this solution you will be getting Chapter 16 and GU 4.7 even sooner than planned.

This means that starting soon SWTOR servers will be unavailable for approximately 4 hours (hopefully less). We will be keeping SWTOR.com available during this period.

Thank you for your understanding.

-eric

Hey folks!

/~~~~~/

This means that as the servers come back up 4.7 will be live and you will have access to Chapter 16 Early Access if you qualified. We do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, but with this solution you will be getting Chapter 16 and GU 4.7 even sooner than planned.

/~~~~~/

-eric

Awesome !!!

Well, I guess this was the right week to do it, what with conquest and priority op messed up. Why not cap it off with another colossal screwup?

On the other hand, at least this time, they made the right decision to go ahead and push the patch now rather than have it messed up tonight in addition to waiting for patch downtime tomorrow

Hey folks!

We have figured out what the issue is and we have a few options on how to proceed. What we are going to do is we are going to move tomorrow's maintenance up to right now, meaning there will no longer be a maintenance tomorrow morning. Within the next 15-30 minutes we will be bringing all servers down as we deploy Game Update 4.7 and Chapter 16.

This means that starting soon SWTOR servers will be unavailable for approximately 4 hours (hopefully less). We will be keeping SWTOR.com available during this period.

-eric

You guys are dumb. Instead of posting a workaround and let people play during peak time you're going to bring the servers down. Bad decisions as usual.

Hey folks!

-eric

Well let me thank you as an european customer. [/sarcasm]

I had 2 hours left this evening before I had to go to bed which I wanted to put to good use and finish chapter 14 & 15 on my DvL Char to jump right into chapter 16 when I'm off work tomorrow.

In those 2 hours I was forced to unneccessary patch and when I was able to play again, I got the 15min to server down message.

First of all, any other day I would have welcomed a patch and server maintenance during the night, but not this time. Now I have to either play chapter 16 with my original char first or play 14&15 when #16 is already available.

And while we are already here....I throw in a Bug report: The new yellow Buttons for the cartell market and legacy inventory are overlaying the "optionsmenu" and "customer support" buttons from the original menu.

I know the ctstomer support button is kinda pointless anyway and I'm sure I will be able to fix this myself with re-arranging the HUD, but it's kinda sad to see, because the menubar on the top is one of those elements on their original place and so this should have been noticed during testing....you still do testing?

The first time in over a week I get a few hours to myself with the intent of getting some quality game time in.... only to log in and see that the servers are going down in 10 minutes....figures.

Well....there is always next week....I hope...

Same...and for Europeans saying updates happen at inconvenient times, well regular maintenance is announced in advance. Decided to take a few hours without salary to myself today just to enjoy the game quietly before the patch tomorrow. To whom do I send the bill (enough to buy a new machine)? It leaves a sour taste in the mouth. Serious improvements have to be made to communications plan.

Edited by Eriamea