Current game version does not match the server's.

JimmySole

A small off-topic question.

"The Dark vs. Light: Flashpoint Master Achievement is now a requirement for completing the Dark vs. Light: Legend Achievement as intended."

How does this affect people like me who already completed the Flashpoint Master Achievement? Will it be granted retroactively?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This means that as the servers come back up 4.7 will be live and you will have access to Chapter 16 Early Access if you qualified. We do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, but with this solution you will be getting Chapter 16 and GU 4.7 even sooner than planned.

Take note, all ye professors of marketing in your fancy ivory towers and whatnot. This is how you turn a big "d'oh!" moment into happy customers!

Take note, all ye professors of marketing in your fancy ivory towers and whatnot. This is how you turn a big "d'oh!" moment into happy customers!

uh huh....when everyone sleeps. No one will notice a thing!

Edited by Eriamea

Musco Man! Hear me! Donde este 4.7 patch notes?!?!? Cool that you are doing the 4.7 update now. But I want to read the patch notes while it's happening!!!! :eek:

Tku Sir.

Hey folks!

We have figured out what the issue is and we have a few options on how to proceed. What we are going to do is we are going to move tomorrow's maintenance up to right now, meaning there will no longer be a maintenance tomorrow morning. Within the next 15-30 minutes we will be bringing all servers down as we deploy Game Update 4.7 and Chapter 16.

This means that as the servers come back up 4.7 will be live and you will have access to Chapter 16 Early Access if you qualified. We do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, but with this solution you will be getting Chapter 16 and GU 4.7 even sooner than planned.

This means that starting soon SWTOR servers will be unavailable for approximately 4 hours (hopefully less). We will be keeping SWTOR.com available during this period.

Thank you for your understanding.

-eric

Oops.... google's top hit was this:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic/quot-Your-current-game-version-does-not-match-server-s-quot/td-p/4953032

It told me to:

--------------

First make sure swtor.exe and launcher.exe are added to your firewall / anti-virus safe list. This can cause problems with the game not launching or crashing.

After that you can try running a repair:

Non-Streaming launcher - Log into the launcher but don't click Play. Check for small letters "ST" in the bottom left corner. If this is NOT present, With the new launcher after login , select the username pull down on the top right and select settings, then press repair.

Streaming launcher - If the letters "ST" is present, close the launcher, right mouse click on the game shortcut, select open file location and delete the BitRaider folder. Then start the launcher.

Worse case scenario switch to the non streaming launcher:

NOTE this is a complete download of the game again, however it should no longer happen.

right mouse click on game shortcut and select open file location

open the launcher.settings file in notepad and locate the below line and edit to the below

, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"SSN\" }"

, "bitraider_disable": true

SAVE the changes.

Delete the BitRaider, Movie and Asset folders then start the launcher.

--------------------------

One folder was too big for the trash bin and got deleted more permanent. (maybe ReCuVa can still find this one :p )

Does anybody following the same trick need to download+ install the game from scratch?

Or does the patch/repair recreate these folders/maps(=Dutch word for folder)?

For me it's not that big an issue since I got the game on 2 pc's and just need to copy/paste it to my external transport HD.

But other people might be screwed into hours of download.

*tip: It never hurts to have a copy/paste of the G(or wherever you keep your games partition):\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic folder on a second place on the pc, just in cases things like this occor.

**and you DO want an extra copypast of this one somewhere as backup:

C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\SWTOR

and

C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\SWTORPerf

Since these are needed for at least your interface settings ingame. (else you can rearrenge all that jazz again, meaning over half an hour of work)

**maybe uninstalling should activate a BIO bat that gives a popup if you want to save the appdata folders on another part of the pc that not get's whiped by the uninstall for any future re-installing so it saves you work rearranging stuff in the UI interface. This would be a small thing to program and a big ++ in service. :)

Edited by Capt_Solbeamer
typo

Thank you for the rapid on the top of it resolution. Some of my faith in Bioware has been renewed. I have a Masters in IT systems, programming and a concentration in Cyber Security. I understand how "stuff" can happen when you throw it on live (Production) verses development. Some things you just can't duplicate in the Dev environment. Working quick and communicating to the customer makes all the difference.

Regards

Doc.

You don't need to have done the Ziost Storyline. The only thing you need is 1 person who has access to the planet and can summon via Guild Flagship. The rest in the Ops Group need to have a ship to accept the summons. And you can summons directly. You should be able to get a group together relatively rapidly for it.

Meh ill probably be up at 10 PM finishing the last bits of the event, i just need 3 ops bosses, 1 WB (worldbreaker monolith, which is a pain because you have to find people with access to Ziost which not many people have because they have not done the ziost storyline). and a handfull of HM's

Some of you people. *shakes head*

You complain if something is broken and they don't fix it immediately. And when something breaks and they try to fix it immediately you complain they're cutting into your play time.

I, for one, thank you for the quick response, AND the earlier early release of Chapter 16 and the game update. :)

Now, US players get a taste of how it feels for europeans when there's a patch during prime time.

Well it would depend on those that complain. For me you will not hear me complain about the patch. I can deal with it without losing my temper considering I know things happened and I can go find other things to do.

Well it would depend on those that complain. For me you will not hear me complain about the patch. I can deal with it without losing my temper considering I know things happened and I can go find other things to do.

Well, this is why I got Battlefront for the Skirmish/offline mode, heh and the unexpected SWTOR down times :)