How far have you completed of the Light vs. Dark Event

josephxp

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure where my progress is, but its around 20%. i have not logged to check since Saturday.

a few things may block my progress with legendary, HM FPs for example and the world breaker monolith as another.

I have no idea if i can do these in the examples at this point.

Same here tbh, people *****ed it was BoP and this is there way of "Fixing" it

Well, it is where they have the most developers..... :p

Anyway, you can open pretty much all of the packs on one character if you are smart about it. It's just slightly annoying that the armour sets are only part armour sets and not the complete sets. Just means using some free sub CC to unlock in the collections (that have been bumped up in price I note).

I'm having a blast with this event, because I got to explore a bit more closely the Sith Warrior story, which was the last class I did in the rush of the first x12 XP event. Being my most recent character, that first Warrior didn't even go through the entirety of SoR.

I also got the chance to play all Flashpoints, which I had not done, ever. Also had a blast. I was a bit afraid I wouldn't be able to do them, but it was really fun to revisit the Tacticals.

To answer the OP's question: nailed Tiers 1 and 2, working on 3 now, and doing bits of Legendary. I'm not sure I'll be able to do the HMs, but it's worth a try at least.

36%, almost done with everything but legendary and some of legendary completed, the farthest person I know personally has nearly 90% done I believe, he just went hardcore on it most of anything he's missing right now is the 2 HM Fps mostly BH and Rishi and another ach I forgot what it was

:rak_02: It's not possible to get more than about 70% before the last chapter is out

I have 1 character to level 48 that's about it. I would like to do another before it ends but I realized over the weekend I really hate space baring through content even if it's content I have played over and over

One character level 30

Two of the first 3 FPs done.

One random FP (Czerka Meltdown I think) done.

The reward box was utter trash. I'll probably hit the other stuff until I have the XP armor and/companion, eventually. Anything beyond that can go tuck itself in.

Really the only reason I'm doing it is I was going to replay the stories anyway. For the last time. Hopefully.

Edited by CrutchCricket

Did everything to get the companion (yet still waiting on ch 16 as it gets pushed back even farther) and done.

Whoever thought after 5 years to re-level every toon plus level what is possibly the most boring aspect of any MMo (level crafting profession) and to do all that over again needs a good Gibb's smack.

Hindsight being what it is, I shouldn't have done any of it looking back as it was such a bore. I already know the stories, I've already done the major point of each toon. Just boring.

Hopefully they do something a bit more interesting down the road because the 5 year celebration that tells you to pretty much forget the past 5 years and redo it all again was not interesting at all.

Edited by Quraswren

Whoever thought after 5 years to re-level every toon plus level what is possibly the most boring aspect of any MMo (level crafting profession) and to do all that over again needs a good Gibb's smack

There are two recent changes that make re-leveling the crafts not quite as bad as it used to be:

• the skill points have been fixed/increased, so it's faster now
  • a skill can be leveled quick, easy and cheap by just producing the components, which active crafters need, anyway, so it's not really a total loss/waste of mats

Personally, I see the event as a round of challenges that everyone is free to either accept or refuse.

Edited by KyaniteD

Got 1 character to level 36. Easily did the PvP and GSF and Bounty achieves. - as I PvP and GSF a lot they weren't a chore in the least. - Got rubbish in the 25 DvL pack, so not bothered about doing it again with any other character.

I can't get around all my 65s every week, and I'm certainly not ever doing KotFE again.

Might get to 65 by PvP-ing and do some of the expansions, and if my guild are around and want to do the FPs, I might join in. - But I'm really not that bothered seeing the agent story for the 4th time, just to participate in a faction of the event which clearly wasn't meant to appeal to old vets in any way.

4%

Edited by Storm-Cutter

There are two recent changes that make re-leveling the crafts not quite as bad as it used to be:

• the skill points have been fixed/increased, so it's faster now
  • a skill can be leveled quick, easy and cheap by just producing the components, which active crafters need, anyway, so it's not really a total loss/waste of mats

Personally, I see the event as a round of challenges that everyone is free to either accept or refuse.

And none of that really makes it any less boring as you go through and click each companion to set them crafting 5 things (IF you have the companions at all b/c you don't have to do the class story).

The most points you can get is what? 4 points per craft. Nothing like clicking a profession 147 times in total loggin gin and out and in and out to make sure they keep crafting and then times that by 6 professions.

Waste of mats and time to craft that much no matter how much you craft for the GTN.

and the whole entire game falls under accept it or not. The DL event is just one of the more warped things BW has done. Like I said, a 5 year celebration that tells you to pretty much forget and redo what you have done the past 5 years that the event was suppose to actually celebrate.

and I doubt thats really a challenge. It's busy work and I'd wager most got tired of that back in the second grade even if they do it for the game or not.

Edited by Quraswren

I did some stuff, and then some other stuff. Got some stuff. Started doing some other stuff on my <insert character>, and then decided to <insert alternate activity that you consider a better use of your time than this event>.
Icky ... I made your response more generic because I think many of us would say the same thing. This past weekend, my character choice was my new Sage, and the alternate activities I would plug into the statement include:

Playing LOTRO

Napping

Watching the Leverage marathon all day Sunday on Ion TV while playing LOTRO

Napping

Watching the first hour of "Straight Outa Compton" while I ate dinner before heading back into LOTRO

Eating homemade queso with non-homemade chips while watching Killjoys and Dark Matter on Friday night

Watching golf on Saturday and Sunday morning

Napping

Sitting in the dark with a bourbon and a lit cigar, listening to soft music on a Sunday night while I decompress for a new week

Of course, the SWTOR log-in was disgruntled over the weekend. I discovered this around 9:00 a.m. Saturday morning. I never bothered to check the rest of the weekend.

Edited by Thoronmir

Icky ... I made your response more generic because I think many of us would say the same thing. This past weekend, my character choice was my new Sage, and the alternate activities I would plug into the statement include:

Playing LOTRO

Napping

Watching the Leverage marathon all day Sunday on Ion TV while playing LOTRO

Napping

Watching the first hour of "Straight Outa Compton" while I ate dinner before heading back into LOTRO

Eating homemade queso with non-homemade chips while watching Killjoys and Dark Matter on Friday night

Watching golf on Saturday and Sunday morning

Napping

Sitting in the dark with a bourbon and a lit cigar, listening to soft music on a Sunday night while I decompress for a new week

Of course, the SWTOR log-in was disgruntled over the weekend. I discovered this around 9:00 a.m. Saturday morning. I never bothered to check the rest of the weekend.

Well, I also was hanging out at the Barnes and Nobles with some artist who just published a new book on drawing and reading the Chuck Wendig Star Wars book. There just happened to be some pokestop thingies at the store, so yeah. Cafe au lait, reading, drawing and pokemonning.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm at something like 26% on the two servers I'm doing this on. I originally planned on just doing up to Valiant level, but a guildmate talked me into seeing how much farther I can go from that. I'm not even trying for Legendary level because I don't think the rewards offered on that level are worth the effort to qualify. So, I'm currently at a mix of Champion and Eternal. I'm almost done with the Flashpoint Expert with less than a handful combined of flashpoints to do, and then all I have left is the Eternal Championship up to 5th boss and Chapter 16.

I'm hoping this weekend I'll be able to finish off the flashpoints and Championship bits with my guildmate which I think we've got a good chance on barring any surprises.

I'm at 11%, holding off on Eseless until either I finish leveling the other six to 50, or whatever bugs come with the new CM pack opening system are found and fixed (whichever comes first), then running whatever FPs I need to on my Sage, and KotFE through my Mara. Not expecting to do HM FPs, World Bosses, or Ops in this time, but the rest should be easy enough through various playthroughs and passing along crafting ingredients through my Legacy storage

I've gotten bored and in down time living in hotel rooms from my job i'm currently sitting at 71% Completed. I would be 100% Had the new chapter not been delayed 2 weeks. Been sitting around waiting with just CH16 to finish champion, eternal and legendary for that long. Once I finish the event i'm very likely to unsub, I haven't played since I essentially completed that and I wanted to stay subbed until I got awarded the HK chapter since i've been a sub the duration.

If you want to know what the worst part was it was probably the HM FP's dealing with groups that struggle with the 3.x flashpoints, at least I had friends to help for most of it. Dealing with Depths of Mannan being broken I had to do that 3 times before it ticked off finally.

Edited by Lil_Fusion