How far have you completed of the Light vs. Dark Event

josephxp

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got first 3 tiers done and leasurely working on 2 more. trying to decide if I want to bother with legendary. some of the legendary achievements I'm getting anyways solely because they just happen through regular gameplay (like for example Ziost - I did becasue I tend to be a completionist when it comes to story and character I used was going to be someone I was going to play eventually anyway, so it was just ...expediting the process a bit)

but ... I don't have any desire to pay exorbitant prices that are being charged for trouble-free HM/ops/world boss runs (exorbitant for me, anyways, I'm sure there are plenty of people for whom those prices are just right) and my guild is barely breathing, so... I guess we shall see if I feel like pugging this stuff. might try a few HM flashpoints as a test and if its not to bad, then.. I may give it a go. otherwise... I should get to eternal in the next few weeks give or take and then just call it a day.

I have no desire to do Legendary level. I just want the Chiss lady.

As I'm leveling with a friend on Progenitor, my DvL Jedi Knight is level 61 at the end of classic chapter 1 (we skipped everything on Taris & Alderaan except our Class Quests).

Still at 0%. Having too much fun playing a character I started just before the event. It's looking like I may never bother to make one for the event. The good news is that I'm not missing out on anything because it's all stuff I've done before and it's definitely not worth the effort to get the extra companion.

I'm still running through my main storyline, so I haven't completed past the first tier.

That having been said, I've gotten both sides to 65, one Dark Side, World osses, Ops bosses, one craft maxed and the others around 400 or so. Six other characters to around level 30.

The thing I'm being stuck on is the HM flashpoints. I've finished all but the hardest ones (Depths of Manaan, Blood Hunt, Battle of Rishi, Lost Island, Battle of Tython) and Athiss. I'm in 216 gear, but thank you group finder for putting me with people who haven't a hope of completing these!

And don't say "get a guild to run them" because I cannot use voicechat due to disability, and most guilds won't take me because of that. I am in a guild that helped me complete the world and ops bosses, but they don't seem to be interested in the HM flashpoints.

Edited by Cedia

I've got sparky, world breaker monolith, and chapter 16 and I'm completely done.

It's interesting to hear that flashpoints are an issue. I'm not all that surprised, but it's interesting. I pug'd every one of them. Outside of me in my 220 min maxed healing gear 99 percent of the groups I was in were people in 208 gear. I had to initiate a vote kick on one guy in blood hunt since they were very clearly way over their head. Same run the tank who never had seen that instance in hm did just fine. Assault on tython had me healing a tank with just gear shells on with a full 208 completed left side and one dps that just couldn't figure out how to not stand in stupid. Besides those two though. Lots of clean runs.

i actually was pretty pleased to see a decent set of players in que. outside of maybe 3 players total. Good stuff. Maybe having me in there gave them the margin for error they needed. Maybe they were just decent players overall.

I also think it comes down to this: you can't feel entitled to completing them. If you say hit krymala and you're enraging at 40 percent you have to be humble enough to look at what you're doing first and foremost. Don't give up. Don't blame bioware if you fail. Try to learn from things.

I've got sparky, world breaker monolith, and chapter 16 and I'm completely done.

It's interesting to hear that flashpoints are an issue. I'm not all that surprised, but it's interesting. I pug'd every one of them. Outside of me in my 220 min maxed healing gear 99 percent of the groups I was in were people in 208 gear. I had to initiate a vote kick on one guy in blood hunt since they were very clearly way over their head. Same run the tank who never had seen that instance in hm did just fine. Assault on tython had me healing a tank with just gear shells on with a full 208 completed left side and one dps that just couldn't figure out how to not stand in stupid. Besides those two though. Lots of clean runs.

i actually was pretty pleased to see a decent set of players in que. outside of maybe 3 players total. Good stuff. Maybe having me in there gave them the margin for error they needed. Maybe they were just decent players overall.

I also think it comes down to this: you can't feel entitled to completing them. If you say hit krymala and you're enraging at 40 percent you have to be humble enough to look at what you're doing first and foremost. Don't give up. Don't blame bioware if you fail. Try to learn from things.

Congrats im in the same boat, just waiting on chapter 16 and a few other Ops bosses and WB's

Trouble with the first flashpoint boss in BH is that players don't always look at guides when they start failing at something, to see if they're missing something. http://dulfy.net/2015/02/11/swtor-hardmode-blood-hunt-flashpoint-guide/

Although that guide is useful to know what is coming, the group I was in found it easier for the Tank / Heal / Mdps to stay over on one side of the fight area, while I took care of the adds (Rdps) after the initial burn over on the other side of the fight area. Works quite well, especially if you burn the boss down when he hits about 10%.

The enrage timer on that boss is quite tight, which means the DPS have to be able to pull their weight, you can't carry a DPS in that fight, and I've seen a fair few dps come into that flashpoint at <65 and simply don't have the toolset to be able to carry their weight.

If anything, that HM needs to be either adjusted, bolster needs adjusting for <65 or they need to alter the enrage timer. Even better would be placing certain HM flashpoints into their own bracket. I'm sure BioWare get enough metrics to see how many times groups fail on a boss, perhaps they should be doing some adjusting accordingly to some of the tactical flashpoint bosses while they're looking at those metrics.

Once I get my last story chapter done and my jedi up another few levels, I'll be done all I'm going to do for this. That should take me to Champion level for the companion. They can get stuffed if they think I'm going to endure any more pvp BS for anything else. After doing the little bit for the one tier and seeing that people haven't changed, yeah, no way I'm doing any more. Rewards aren't worth the abuse. Edited by Lunafox

29%

First two tiers done, and close to the third. Most simple things like crafting, infecting people, etc are done.

Uphill battle to complete HM flashpoints, WB's and Ops things. Those will probably not get done since I don't use voice programs.

I'm pretty much done just got to do chapter 16 when it releases, the 5 starfighter matches (never done any GSF except for the tutorial due to my low framerate), the 50 gree droids (last time the gree event was here i wasnt planning on going for the top tier and didnt think to do it.), the 3 bounty contracts, and like 10 more HM FPs (just waiting on some guildies 2 catch up on their DvL characters so I dont have to deal with pug groups). I hope to be done with it all by the end of the month :)

I'm currently at 65% completion. Once I finish the new chapter that is coming out on the 11th I'll only have to complete the Gree Droid, and "Bounty contract" portions of the Legendary tier and I'll be at 100%.

The hardest part, and most time consuming was completing all the HM flashpoints. - I pugged all of them.