How far have you completed of the Light vs. Dark Event

josephxp

HM's were easy, not bad at all just take your time and learn them.

I just need a few of the more grindier stuff to finish like grinding crafting, a couple more 50's , chapter 16 and 10 rounds of EC (easy) 1 more OP boss and wham, legendary tier.

Not as bad as I thought it was gonna be , just super grindy and boring for some parts.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HM's were easy, not bad at all just take your time and learn them.

I just need a few of the more grindier stuff to finish like grinding crafting, a couple more 50's , chapter 16 and 10 rounds of EC (easy) 1 more OP boss and wham, legendary tier.

Not as bad as I thought it was gonna be , just super grindy and boring for some parts.

For the crafting achievement: each level of a given crew skill takes 30 bonded attachments/cell grafts to unlock the next tier. Once I figured out the math it made leveling each skill pretty fast.

I am currently at 0%

And that's where it will stay.

Have to say I wish I had taken that stance.

I'm currently at 27% and it has been the most excruciatingly boring MMORPG experience I have ever had.

Even worse than grinding Devil-Bug Wings in Silkroad Online.

All The Best

I started 2 characters (1 Rep, 1 Imp) for the DvL event. I probably would have only started the Rep character if I had read enough to know that the rewards were account wide.

But, I've finished the first 3 "levels" and have partially completed some other parts. I'm just in the midst of getting the Imp character to level 65 for no particular reason. Beyond that, if I really, really, run out of other things to do, I might try annoying some PvP'ers by trying to get Valor 5, which is one of the things that keeps me from getting any higher levels.

Btw - how hard is it to get Valor 5 - is it just a few hours of random PvP, or what?

71% complete. Just need final chapter.

I'm in the crowd not happy about the event. Once again recycling old content to those of us who are not new members. I am waiting for the second slap if they increase level cap with the new expansion. If all they are releasing now is story related content then we no longer need new levels. Work on operations Bioware!

Edited by Drew_Braxton

I started 2 characters (1 Rep, 1 Imp) for the DvL event. I probably would have only started the Rep character if I had read enough to know that the rewards were account wide.

But, I've finished the first 3 "levels" and have partially completed some other parts. I'm just in the midst of getting the Imp character to level 65 for no particular reason. Beyond that, if I really, really, run out of other things to do, I might try annoying some PvP'ers by trying to get Valor 5, which is one of the things that keeps me from getting any higher levels.

Btw - how hard is it to get Valor 5 - is it just a few hours of random PvP, or what?

My advice to you is get a valor xp boost thing, apply it, queue up and keep your chat off. Nothing has changed in PVP here, it's still toxic and probably the most horrible experience in the game. With the boost, you should be able to clear this hurdle in 2-3 matches. Don't leave the match before it ends, or it won't count. Good luck to you.

Edited by Lunafox

My advice to you is get a valor xp boost thing, apply it, queue up and keep your chat off. Nothing has changed in PVP here, it's still toxic and probably the most horrible experience in the game.

I decided to roll a few new characters on a French server, honestly I've got to say that it seems to be the English speaking servers where the PvP community is toxic, I haven't encountered it yet. Same for PvE as well. Quite refreshing really. :o

My advice to you is get a valor xp boost thing, apply it, queue up and keep your chat off. Nothing has changed in PVP here, it's still toxic and probably the most horrible experience in the game. With the boost, you should be able to clear this hurdle in 2-3 matches. Don't leave the match before it ends, or it won't count. Good luck to you.

you know, I haven't seen any toxicity at all? not even towards people who obviously didn't want to be there and didn't actualy contribute anything to their team. the only things I saw in chat were call-outs for incoming attackers, questions how some nodes were doing (safe for now) and good game if we actualy managed to win (or at least lose somewhat closely) no insults, nothing. granted, I've been pvping while leveling - where atmosphere as a rule is much more relaxed since its expected that lowbie pvp is where you learn. but still

incidentally, you don't have to be a good pvper OR use a valor boost to hit valor 5 in 2 matches (after first match I was half way through valor 4 - and we LOST). you just need to.. not stand there and do something ANYTHING, attack, heal, stand around node as as defender - its very easy to get first 8 medals if you are not completely afk.

Edited by Jeweledleah

I got my valor 5 in about 3 matches, might have been 2 but I noticed at the 3 match mark I had gotten it.

I am only going to complete the first three tiers, and since I had a character I wanted to start and level anyway, it dove tails nicely for me. I'll be done with tier 3 this week.

I won't do the final tiers as I am not a slave to the studio and will not be enticed to go farther just for some random pack awards, and more freebies. And I certainly do not need yet another companion or more achievements and the final tiers are diminishing returns in my view.

I feel I must respond to this piece of advice :eek:

Yes, do queue and apply a Valor boost if you want. However, please don't switch off your chat, it just hurts you and your team. You're likely to miss calls for help, or tactical calls.

I queue regularly for FP's, Op's, GSF, WZ's, and in my experience the number of Toxic players is no higher in WZ's than in any of the other group activities. That is, they are a tiny (but vocal) minority.

The best response to seeing toxic chat from an individual is just to put them on ignore. Problem solved.

Players that routinely fill chat with thier toxic nonsense are just hurting themselves in the long run. Once they get on enough Ignore lists thier FP's will stop popping, and thier desperate calls of 'incoming!' in WZ's will go sight unseen!

:)

What I like is that you don't have to compete in all tiers, it is up to you wether or not you decide to walk that extra mile for this event. I'm trying legendary tier just because I can (and have the time).

The idea has potential to make new players familiar with the basic game play, although I agree that veteran players can find it a grinding event.

I feel I must respond to this piece of advice :eek:

Yes, do queue and apply a Valor boost if you want. However, please don't switch off your chat, it just hurts you and your team. You're likely to miss calls for help, or tactical calls.

I queue regularly for FP's, Op's, GSF, WZ's, and in my experience the number of Toxic players is no higher in WZ's than in any of the other group activities. That is, they are a tiny (but vocal) minority.

The best response to seeing toxic chat from an individual is just to put them on ignore. Problem solved.

Players that routinely fill chat with thier toxic nonsense are just hurting themselves in the long run. Once they get on enough Ignore lists thier FP's will stop popping, and thier desperate calls of 'incoming!' in WZ's will go sight unseen!

:)

I didn't switch off my chat and was verbally abused for trying my best. There was no healer on my teams, so I thought to guard the person with the lowest hp, as I was a tank. I tried my best, and came up around the middle point of the standings at the end. I was not the best, nor was I the worst, but there was a couple of different people who thought they should take it upon themselves to be complete and utter *ssh*les to me. In fact before I went into it, I took a moment to read some advice on the pvp forum. In the forum everyone seems lovely and helpful all of them Dr. Jekylls. You get into the WZ and you meet up with a pack of Mr. Hydes.

I will give you this, put the nasty jerks on IGNORE. That *is* good advice. I endured the abuse and it upset me enough that I forgot that an ignore function existed until I was done. That's why I also said to turn off the chat, because people aren't nice. I tried to be nice to people and explained that I would do my best and they took that as their personal invitation to reem me into next week for existing, to the point of even insulting what I do and am like in real life, just because I don't mash keys to their satisfaction. PVP here is full of psychopaths. Not all, but enough that there is no way in god's green earth that I will EVER do it again here.

I had thought after 3 and 1 /2 years that things might have changed. EEEE! Wrong answer, thanks for playing. Nothing has changed.

Edited by Lunafox

I am just waiting for the Depths of Manaan to be fixed and then complete chapter 16 and I will do everything I want to do. The Legendary set would be too annoying to get. I am glad I do not have to get to dark V because I really would like a chiss companion if at all possible. I just hope when I get the complete set of xp armor I will have a character who can use it.

I haven't done ANY of it. Nada. the game is too boring now.

I've been playing ESO, which has the advantages of novelty and the sheer beauty of the world... although the story sucks and there's no romance.

Keep thinking I'll return to SWTOR -- but every time I start to, I play for a few minutes and realize that I'm bored silly and pack it in.

And I write as a true fan-girl since beta.

I've been playing ESO, which has the advantages of novelty and the sheer beauty of the world... although the story sucks and there's no romance.

umm... what? I mean yeah, there is no romance for player, but the story doesn't suck >_> I've been personally enjoying both the personal story and the world arcs (though to be fair, I have only gotten far into Altmer dominion story, only did a bit of starting areas for Ebonheart and Daggerfall, but they seemed pretty interesting as well.

and I thought a lot of the side quest arcs are what SWTOR originally started out as, maybe even a bit more epic in some ways.

Anyways, all I'm saying is ESO actualy has better story than people give it credit for and damn nice voice acting.