Dark vs. Light Event

EricMusco

Anyone know a good place to leave feedback on the event? By and large I'm happy with most of the details, but there are a couple of points I'd like to give my mind on.

The surest way is to start your own thread.

Or submit a personal message with your comments to the community team.

However, don't expect a response. The community team is there to moderate and collate than respond directly.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally finished reading this thread , I skipped a few pages around 90 and 130 but I wanted to watch it evolve and it did not disappoint.

I noticed the rage died down pretty quick when the event actually started, I wonder if all those people actually quit the game, or if they were too busy rolling a new character.

I just hit 50 last night with my newest Juggernaut. I do wish there was a way to unlock individual pieces rather than having to hope for the full set. I have opened 15 boxes and have gotten 3 Supplementary boxes, one of which is from a set that I didn't know existed, but now I want the chest piece really bad.

So far it's been fun, I would like to see a real playable storyline with the new companion. I doubt I will be able to unlock the last reward tier, however if the Devs. are listening I have one simple request. Make the Goatee unlock able for all races, classes, and sexes. Even better make it show through masks and helmets. That way I can make evil versions of all my current characters.

F2P can trade on the GTN, 2 slots I believe. You only need 1.

List a rare item for 1 credit and instantly buy it with your main account running in another instance. Rinse and repeat.

No good could come from having these items BoE and sellable on the GTN, it would undermine the entire CM pack process ( I'm not buying packs if they're just going to let people get them for free and sell them on the GTN anyway for example ), it's not a good idea what so ever.

"No ones going to buy packs when they can get them for free" Thats what I just said

But they could also give out the ones you need to get a full set which is why it's a good idea (most people post them on for 10 or more mill when I could just sell them for a reasonable price like (bronze 100k, sliver 500k, gold 1 mill).

I don't know what your complaining about most people just play the game and you see it as a way to make money... Well in game money no point in it...

"If you cheat why play the game"

P.S. That 1 credit armor set would be a loss instantly to others than you getting it...so good luck with that

Is there at least some way to track your progress?

hey Tuxs,

I don't know if anybody from pages 3 thru 103 answered your question but if you go to Legacy and look under Dark vs Light tab, it has all the levels of achievement and what needs to be completed in order to fulfill the level.

If somebody did answer your question, I'm sure I'll find it eventually through all this stuff.

Holy friggin' Gatlingburg???

233 bloody pages?

Seriously , all.

you have the option to do this madness.

no one is forcing you to do this and if you really need help to figure how to get through it, see Slayerchaser on imp side on harby or Rebelmasher on pub side.

Sure, it's a pain in the arse but what else do you have to do now except wait for Chapter 16.

You can do whatever you want with your account.

Run KOTFE one time, multiple times or none at all.

Same for this event.

Don't have the slots?

Delete a character(s) to make room.

Ofc, when you get that awesome armor set you were waiting for hell to freeze over for, don't get mad when you try and sell it because it says "BOUND".

And while you're at it, please remind me why in the Geesus GSI Droid did they nerf the heroics payout for?

The economy is shot to hell thanks to all the hacks, bugs and whatever the frick you want to call them that allowed people to make billions of credits and then destroy the economy and gtn to boot.

Anybody have a stack of 1000 Rank 6 companion gifts of each to sell to me for 1 million.

there's like what 10 or 12 types? 12 million for you and you go buy yourself a happy meal to boot.

One of you Donalds, Warrens or Bills want to buy all the hypercrates on the GTN and relist them for like 5 million a pop?

As you said it's the biggest flaw in the event; the DvL blog shows that they're aware of it and - possibly - going to change something to fix it (I can't see what though). The reason the items are BoP are:

1. they don't want to have rewards BoE (for the reasons given above - massive trade exploits)

2. BoL items CANNOT be in Collections.

Not really sure what they can do to address this; the easiest solution would be to make the rewards BoL but that introduces new problems.

Well they can make BoL items allowable in collections.

After all they designed the d-base that prohibits that connection, so they can just amend the d-base and permit it.

All The Best

"No ones going to buy packs when they can get them for free" Thats what I just said

But they could also give out the ones you need to get a full set which is why it's a good idea (most people post them on for 10 or more mill when I could just sell them for a reasonable price like (bronze 100k, sliver 500k, gold 1 mill).

Someone paid real money for those though at some point, you want your copy for free thus undercutting them out of something thy paid for.

I don't know what your complaining about most people just play the game and you see it as a way to make money... Well in game money no point in it...

Because you are wanting a change that affects how other people play and pay to enjoy the game where as leaving it as it is now ( or at the least making them BoL so you could get the sets on your favourite toon if you are lucky enough to get all the pieces on your legacy ) doesn't really affect anyone and only has positive aspects.

P.S. That 1 credit armor set would be a loss instantly to others than you getting it...so good luck with that

Err what? ! credit armour set? What are you on about now?

Someone paid real money for those though at some point, you want your copy for free thus undercutting them out of something thy paid for.

Because you are wanting a change that affects how other people play and pay to enjoy the game where as leaving it as it is now ( or at the least making them BoL so you could get the sets on your favourite toon if you are lucky enough to get all the pieces on your legacy ) doesn't really affect anyone and only has positive aspects.

They have a choice to sell and buy from GTN, people sell them because they don't want them, they paid to get stuff for themselves then they sold the excess that's like the half of the reasons I want to get Them converted to BoE.

\/ your flaw in to making credits

List a rare item for 1 credit and instantly buy it with your main account running in another instance. Rinse and repeat.

^thats just boring

And MeNaCe-NZ I asked you a question what will you do with the items you don't/can't use?

Why is this not cool? The story is not done yet.

And -this is not an attack, just a question- what is the point of crushing the event within the first couple of weeks when it lasts for months and the main rewards won't be handed out until later anyway? :t_confused: You won't even get bragging rights because you won't have the rewards.

To get all the **** done on character(s) we're just going to delete so we can go back to our mains?

They have a choice to sell and buy from GTN, people sell them because they don't want them, they paid to get stuff for themselves then they sold the excess that's like the half of the reasons I want to get Them converted to BoE.

Says who? Who sets these rules on why people buy from the CM? It's the closest thing to being able to buy credits in this game so to assume people only buy things to get items they want then throw away the bad stuff is basely false.

People will buy to convert items to pure credits i.e. packs/hypercrates etc. Are you saying people bought hypercrates to get hypercrates but then got hypercrates they didn't want so sold them? It doesn't even make sense thus it can't be true.

^thats just boring

And MeNaCe-NZ I asked you a question what will you do with the items you don't/can't use?

How do they lose anything? They sold it to themselves. They are going to then on sell the item for millions ( or even if the economy completely crashed from taking on this silly idea of yours - 100's of thousands ).

What would they do with the items they can't use? They would be lost with the account when they delete/forget about it to make the next account etc. Nothing is lost then, they keep rinsing and repeating to get the items they do want and much of it can be automated ( you would be surprised what can and can't be automated by determined exploiters ).

The question to you though is simple - If you made items BoE, how are you going to stop people exploiting it?

I kinda doubt they are paying very close attention, actually. Oh, well.

yeah, why would they listen to negative feedback. Serves no purpose..

I noticed the rage died down pretty quick when the event actually started, I wonder if all those people actually quit the game, or if they were too busy rolling a new character.

Why would they roll a new character? That was basically the point of it all. This game still has lots of great content in its class storylines (something Bioware has been unable and unwilling to reproduce ever since), and someone may enjoy refreshing their memories about them, but the event itself adds zero value to it. That was my argument and still is. I couldn't care less about the event.

That was somebodys idea for transferring armor pieces between F2P account characters: via GtM.

Edited by Karkais

"Worth" is a thing that does not have permanence.

Ask anyone who owned a home in 2007, for instance, about their investment value in late 2008.

Something either has the value you place on it at the time of purchase, or it does not. What happens later is irrespective of that point of time, and has nothing to due with that point in time either later or earlier.

Something you buy at a point in time is simply something you buy. I am not saying "flood the markets, FLOOOD THEEEEEM HIIIIIGH", but I AM saying "a purchase is always a gamble, and it should always be considered by the moment of the event. Forever isn't a factor, because the universe always, always, always changes."

I finally finished reading this thread , I skipped a few pages around 90 and 130 but I wanted to watch it evolve and it did not disappoint.

I noticed the rage died down pretty quick when the event actually started, I wonder if all those people actually quit the game, or if they were too busy rolling a new character..

I can only speak for me but after the stream and listening to what they said I figured it was useless to continue letting them know how I felt and I have made 1 character and she is still just in tattoine as I been playing the emulator for SWG instead now.

I can only speak for me but after the stream and listening to what they said I figured it was useless to continue letting them know how I felt and I have made 1 character and she is still just in tattoine as I been playing the emulator for SWG instead now.

Same here. I haven't been playing. Nobody just forgot their rage. We need to keep on our point about this.

Doesn't matter what side will win, the other companion will be included in the CM.... With that being said I continue to not take part of this event.

Nope, they won't. That directly contradicts what the devs have told us.

As for not taking part...meh. That's your prerogative.