Dark vs. Light Event

EricMusco

Once you have completed the objective by receiving the achievement, that character no longer needs to be active. So you could level to 50 on a character, and then delete it.

-eric

If you delete a DS vs LS character with 550 crafting, or remove a 550 crafting skill for another, do you lose progress in the crafting achievement? Also, how long does this event last for?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since this event is non recurring it would be a waste to put new stuff in if we are not going to see this event again. Tbh

That could be said about nearly everything huh?! KOTFE is non-recurring and non-repeatable...is that a waste? 1-50 is non-repeatable...I guess that's a waste as well? So...where is the new repeatable content exactly?

DarthYunman,

They are not retroactive. They can only be earned with an event character, which is any character created on or after June 28th when the event goes live.

-eric

*golfclap*

Been here since launch, levelled through to 65 on each Class story twice (male/female, one of each AC) and this feels a little bit insulting to the long time supporters.

I really want to be positive about the game and support the events but struggling on this one :(

Very interesting, it's much more elaborate than I expected. If only we would get this amount of information for non-vanity things...

I don't see too big of a motivation to participate, having done all of this on my main already, but I guess I'll join the fun. It's nice to hear that you are showing the progress via achievements, otherwise it'd be pretty hard to track some of the requirements (earn 1 million credits, complete every flashpoint).

Thankfully, having a guild makes all of this much easier; I don't want to imagine what solo players have to go through to complete some of these objectives...

I'm not 100% sure how the rewards are delivered. Will they be sent to all characters in the legacy or just characters created for this event?

I'm pretty sure the packs won't be sent to every character, that would create too big of an inflation, but I want to have rewards like the pets and mounts on my existing characters.

Edited by Jerba

DarthYunman,

They are not retroactive. They can only be earned with an event character, which is any character created on or after June 28th when the event goes live.

-eric

You're joking, right? You cannot honestly expect long time players with everything done and done a million times over to be happy with this? I know I'm not.

If I want to take part it will mean deleting characters (not gonna happen), or moving to another server (not gonna happen), or buying more slots with CC (not gonna happen just to take part). I get that this is a carrot for new players as you guys are desperate for people to keep playing, but as an old player it feels rather insulting really.

An event that I will have to inconvenience myself to take part in..yeah thanks :(

Edited by OrmEmber

There are a few options:

• Complete the objectives on a different server than the server where you are capped.
  • Purchase additional Character Slots (to make this easier the team is planning to put these on sale at the start of the event)

-eric

Really? I mean...REALLY?

-This- is how you reward vet players that have filled their slots on their server by being loyal to the game? The same ppl that in many cases already bought a number of "CM server slots", giving you additional cash outside the monthly fee?

How about you reconsider wth you're doing and make some -actual- content for a change, instead of using the same old tired stuff we already have in game, polished and made to look like a "new deal" - when it in fact just is another attempt at getting players to sub to the game and make a quick buck on your already paying customers.

Feels like the reverse punishment of server transfer survivals.

Now it's "If you already did it, your problem,. make new characters and do it all again!"

Back then it was "Here's the best pet in the game, but all the characters you make from now on out won't even have a chance to get it."

And what's in the "KNIGHTS OF THE FALLEN EMPIRE STORY BONUS PACK" it doesn't say. Sounds like a way to get the HK bonus chapter that was presented as a bonus chapter for those who stayed subscribed.

Got anything for your long time subscribers?

I get that this is a carrot for new players as you guys are desperate for people to keep playing, but as an old player it feels rather insulting really.

They're not at all desperate. Desperate people TRY to reverse course...Bioware seems very content with the direction and decline of this game.

Once you have completed the objective by receiving the achievement, that character no longer needs to be active. So you could level to 50 on a character, and then delete it.

-eric

Then the -very- least you should do, is grant everyone with full slots on a server 1 -free- additional server slot.

-Anything else is an outright insult to veteran players.

Edited by Twin

There are a few options:

• Complete the objectives on a different server than the server where you are capped.
  • Purchase additional Character Slots (to make this easier the team is planning to put these on sale at the start of the event)

-eric

There are really no words for how ridiculous this answer is. Just when you think Bioware can't annoy their longtime subs more than they have already, they step up their game and surprise you. Bravo guys, bravo.

And what's in the "KNIGHTS OF THE FALLEN EMPIRE STORY BONUS PACK" it doesn't say. Sounds like a way to get the HK bonus chapter that was presented as a bonus chapter for those who stayed subscribed.

Got anything for your long time subscribers?

It says right at the top of the box. It's a month of subscription +555 cartel coins. Nothing special.

You are kidding, Right? I've played SWTOR since 2011. I had a 1 toon per spec (yep, per spec, 3 per class) but with all That KotFE thing I've deleted aal but 8 of them, because it became uslees to have many toons in this game. (and compleated chapter 9 on 5 from those 8, still always the same story) and now you are telling me " Yo! you want a great event with some good reward? all you need to do is to Create and level new 8 toons and compleate everything on atleast 2 of them, with no retroactivity! basycly G.F.Y.!"

Well Thanks Bioware *sarcasm*.

As my sub finish this july you will Never see me again.

Then the -very- least you should do, is grant everyone with full slots on a server 1 -free- additional server slot.

-Anything else is an outright insult to veteran players.

Twin,

If you want the legendary status on the even you are going to need 8 more slots....... just saying.

DING, DING, DING... we have a winner!

Twin,

If you want the legendary status on the even you are going to need 8 more slots....... just saying.

He just said we can delete them once they reach 50 with each toon, or did i misunderstand that?

Hello everyone! I just wanted to know if the rewards are account wide(like the monthly subscriber rewards and such) or is it Legacy or character wide? Because this is really going to affect how I can do this.

NO idea. They haven't said and that question been asked more than once.

Zero interest in leveling more toons from the beginning, 10 was enough for me. They stole this idea concept of having the create event toons from Star Trek Online's Delta Event and layered on a whole bunch of extra grinding.

They can keep their shinies, I can play something else until they get the next round of real content ready. Think WoW expansion drops later this summer.

They're not at all desperate. Desperate people TRY to reverse course...Bioware seems very content with the direction and decline of this game.

I don't think Bioware has anything to do with this game anymore. This stinks of EA all over and has done for some time now. The real Bioware are in Edmonton and Montreal making the Mass Effect and Dragon Age games. Austin is not Bioware as far as I am concerned.

I LIKE the event, but not the required things. EIGHT new characters are pretty much. I like levelling, but I do not have the slots for that. I have 26 characters on level 65. Please change just this one reward with the eight characters. The other things are in my opinion completely okay and I have nothing against ONE new character. :)