The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Dark vs. Light Event

EricMusco

Since you can add character slots really easily and stay on your current server, this complaint is weak sauce IMO. And no.. you don't have to spend CC for character slots.... though I do expect this will drive the GTN prices up on character slots during the event. But it also means people looking to convert CCs to credits will be flooding the GTN with character slot tokens. A few million credits and you can buy a character slot. If you are already at the server cap, nobody can reasonably tell me there are not two characters they can delete to make room.

Um no. It's not weak sauce in the slightest. There shouldn't be a need to force people away from their home servers (thus creating a brand new legacy to boot), or pay money for character slots. That's just an asinine requirement. I know you love being a contrarian, but geeze on this one you're wrong. It has NOTHING to do with oh it's easy to get X. Sure I can click one button and get more slots. It's easy to click one button. It doesn't make the request to do so a legit one.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do people even think before reacting in a negative manner?

Yes, I did. Even objective logic can quickly lead you to the conclusion - the current reward distribution system proposed in the terms is flawed.

Let me put it into very simple terms. Some of us have been playing for a long time. A very long time. I think I've been playing since the late beta. I need this statement for credibility reasons, I really do. I think I have a total of eighteen characters on The Progenitor. That's eighteen of eighteen characters. To participate in this event, I need to create a character on or after the 28th.

This leaves me with precious few options.

I could buy two character slots. That's 1,200 CC. That would be a 17.00€ CC purchase for those character slots, seeing 1,050 isn't enough.

I could migrate to another server for all the tideous hours I need to level eight characters and all the stuff. This would mean that I have to pay the 1,000 CC for a character transfer (8€) to unlock my legacy perks on this server, or I start completely new. Either way, I would have to leave guilds, SHs, and even friends on the origin server.

It doesn't take rocket science to figure out that veteran and long-term players want to play on their respective servers and with their guilds/legacies - espescially since some rewards are legacy bound. What's the point of getting a light weapon tuning on TRE when my main is on The Progenitor?

Simple logic dictates that this decision was flawed, and I would love for whoever decided on it to come in and elaborate. At least try to save this unrepentable mess. Suggesting that I pay additional money - any amount of money - on top of my subscription to access this event as a veteran player is not only wrong, but downright ridiculous and destructive to the overall community relation. Do you pay additional money to start a holiday event in WoW? Or did you pay additional money to access the gree event?

Edited by Alssaran

Let's say I have a toon around level 15 right now. If I waited to get that toon to level 25 until the event launches would it be considered an event character? If so, would it more sense just start that character over? And what if I have a character at level 45 would achievements count on that toon after the event launches?

No, that character would not count for ANY of the new achievements or rewards, the ONLY characters that count for the achievements or rewards are ones created on or after June 28th when this "event" begins.

So not really a group/friend activity.

Well sure is not solo friendly. unless you just mean that single part of that level. Solo players can only do half of the entire event before you have to group to continue with event.

Still I personally will only be doing do the first two.

Edited by Nevaeh-Heaven

What bothers me is that our 'mains' get left out of the new gear and titles.. Personally, I enjoy collecting titles.. on my main toon ("A Special Snowflake" is still my fav.. but I can't get it on new toons). This event seems like its telling us all to abandon the toons we've invested the past 4 years into and 'just make new ones'. Really? I have a current guildmate who JUST finished pushing through 4 pub toons to 50 to get the legendary status.. I can't wait to hear her when she finds out about this.

I'm glad to know that I paid almost 500 CC's to bring over Harbinger toons to Ebon Hawk so that I /wouldn't/ have to level them again to get the legacy count. 500 CC WELL SPENT! XD If I'd known this was coming, I would have only moved one and saved my money.

Not sure why that would put them off. Just get some basic gear and augments, throw some companion gifts to level up 1 companion, and bam: Easy 20 mins or so to complete EC. The HM FPs, the story OPs, and the world bosses are all harder. If you also do those first, you'll probably get some decent gear along the way making EC even easier.

Because they don't solo simple fact. They don't play the game to solo things. They like doing things with their friends. Not everyone wants to solo every blasted thing in the game.

Edited by casirabit

So... still don't see an answer - do higher levels of the event include low levels? Do i just need 2 chars, 65 level and EC to get Eternal, or do I need everything below Eternal too?

P.S. am not pissed off nearly as stong as everybody else cause I have only 4 chars ;D and was planning on making a BH and Trooper anyway.

Edited by Gelious

What bothers me is that our 'mains' get left out of the new gear and titles.. Personally, I enjoy collecting titles.. on my main toon ("A Special Snowflake" is still my fav.. but I can't get it on new toons). This event seems like its telling us all to abandon the toons we've invested the past 4 years into and 'just make new ones'. Really? I have a current guildmate who JUST finished pushing through 4 pub toons to 50 to get the legendary status.. I can't wait to hear her when she finds out about this.

I'm glad to know that I paid almost 500 CC's to bring over Harbinger toons to Ebon Hawk so that I /wouldn't/ have to level them again to get the legacy count. 500 CC WELL SPENT! XD If I'd known this was coming, I would have only moved one and saved my money.

Titles are legacy-bound

Gear will probably also be Legacy-wide, as the one earned during the event (+50% XP) is BoL, and the other one goes after the event is done, so I would presume it goes out to everyone

Also, 500 CCs is not that much, it is one month's stipend.

Edited by Aries_cz

Everyones DS/LS choices matter, Theres a big meter on the event page to track whos winning. You may very well get A. B. and C.

Now that I've also read the blog, it does appear that that is the case: EVERYONE will get the same companion. Does make me wonder what will happen to the "losing" companion. Surely they won't just write them off and be done with it? Maybe they'll get sold later in the Cartel Market. It's too bad, I think the event would have been a lot more fun if there was a way to win both companions.

No they don't...

Good question! The rewards are delivered in three different methods, depending on the reward:

• Titles - These are tied to the Achievement and therefore are unlocked for each character in the Legacy.
  • Dark vs. Light Packs and Pioneer Armor Set - These will be delivered via in-game mail to the character who completes the final objective in that event level.
  • End of event Cosmetic Rewards - Things like the Companion and the vehicles will come at the end of the event and will be delivered to every character on the account, similar to the monthly sub rewards.

-eric

You'll get the title across legacy as soon as they are unlocked. You'll get the mounts and companions (possibly the Trailblazer armour set, waiting for confirmation) in the mail at the end of the event across all characters on your account.

Yes, I did. Even objective logic can quickly lead you to the conclusion - the current reward distribution system proposed in the terms is flawed.

Let me put it into very simple terms. Some of us have been playing for a long time. A very long time. I think I've been playing since the late beta. I need this statement for credibility reasons, I really do. I think I have a total of eighteen characters on The Progenitor. That's eighteen of eighteen characters. To participate in this event, I need to create a character on or after the 28th.

This leaves me with precious few options.

I could buy two character slots. That's 1,200 CC. That would be a 17.00€ CC purchase for those character slots, seeing 1,050 isn't enough.

I could migrate to another server for all the tideous hours I need to level eight characters and all the stuff. This would mean that I have to pay the 1,000 CC for a character transfer (8€) to unlock my legacy perks on this server, or I start completely new. Either way, I would have to leave guilds, SHs, and even friends on the origin server.

It doesn't take rocket science to figure out that veteran and long-term players want to play on their respective servers and with their guilds/legacies - espescially since some rewards are legacy bound. What's the point of getting a light weapon tuning on TRE when my main is on The Progenitor?

Simple logic dictates that this decision was flawed, and I would love for whoever decided on it to come in and elaborate. At least try to save this unrepentable mess. Suggesting that I pay additional money - any amount of money - on top of my subscription to access this event as a veteran player is not only wrong, but downright ridiculous and destructible to the overall community relation. Do you pay additional money to start a holiday event in WoW? Or did you pay additional money to access the gree event?

I won't be paying any additional real money for this event. My max character count on a server is 32 and I have extra slot tokens in storage (always, just in case), all purchased for credits off the GTN. Personally, I learned years ago to never max out character slots on a server in an MMO, and to always plan ahead for surprises.

If you want to be productive about discussing this... make a case for raising the slot max count from 40-42. I'm sure the devs could do that with little complication, and it would solve the small minority of cases where someone is capped at 40.. refuses to delete any of those 40 characters, and does not want to play the event on a different server.

Edited by Andryah

Since you can add character slots really easily and stay on your current server, this complaint is weak sauce IMO. And no.. you don't have to spend CC for character slots.... though I do expect this will drive the GTN prices up on character slots during the event. But it also means people looking to convert CCs to credits will be flooding the GTN with character slot tokens. A few million credits and you can buy a character slot. If you are already at the server cap, nobody can reasonably tell me there are not two characters they can delete to make room.

And if they want the items on their original legacy, how is that helping? Lucky for me I have room but some of these individuals would like the items on their original legacy and don't plan on playing on the other ones they would have to make on another server if they had to go another server.

Because they don't solo simple fact. They don't play the game to solo things. They like doing things with their friends and boyfriends. Not everyone wants to solo every blasted thing in the game. I know I don't. I can damn well do it but it is blasted boring to do things solo. I play with my boyfriend, when we have the time, to play together not to play solo. If I want to solo a game I go play a solo game.

You have to do one thing solo and you are complaining like it's the end of the world. Your boyfriend isn't going to leave you because you can't do one part of the event with him.

That's even more worrisome : (

Yep, but sadly I saw this coming when they very talked about this event, and knew it was incoming. Event sounded cool, then....heard that, got turned off the second I heard that. Kinda like how I knew about the companion getting removed form the terminal as the chapters came out, knew it day one of KotFE. Its sad and amazing to hear the amount of people who havnt nor knew this info when starting KotFE. Meaning.....yes it will be much longer to get the companion you want on the character you want. (yes yes yes know, KotFE takes minutes, if not hours and its blooming eays and yes companions are reduced to 12 total templates meaning they are all useless, but some people do like the personalitys of some of the companions. And some people cant finish the entire KotFE in a few hours like some of us can.)

Now that I've also read the blog, it does appear that that is the case: EVERYONE will get the same companion. Does make me wonder what will happen to the "losing" companion. Surely they won't just write them off and be done with it? Maybe they'll get sold later in the Cartel Market. It's too bad, I think the event would have been a lot more fun if there was a way to win both companions.

It is not like they have done much with the companions. They made two characters and put them in nice gear, and that is it. We have zero knowledge if they will even be voiced (not alien gibberish) and if our characters will speak to them (not "classic conversations").

There has to be some kinda mistake?

To do all of this in just 4 months? I would understand if already done achivements would count for older players but EVERYTHING from scratch?

This is not going to happen i mean its just not possible.

This thread is going to become the mother of all collections of entitlement posts I can see.

People really do want everything handed to them in modern MMOs it seems.

Play the event or don't. It's that simple. If you want the rewards, you play the event. If the rewards have no interest to you.. then you can skip the event completely.... like very other event ever in any MMO.

To sum it all up and oversimplify:

No.

It's just people want an event that doesn't **** on pre-existing players. Making the requirements retroactive would probably be the simplest and most feasible (at this stage) way to not **** on pre-existing players. Is it a good solution? I'm not a huge fan of it.

But short of asking them to rewrite the requirements, there's probably not much else to propose that would fix the problem of *********** on pre-existing players.

Not sure why that would put them off. Just get some basic gear and augments, throw some companion gifts to level up 1 companion, and bam: Easy 20 mins or so to complete EC. The HM FPs, the story OPs, and the world bosses are all harder. If you also do those first, you'll probably get some decent gear along the way making EC even easier.

I tried the Eternal Championship on my main who is in 208 gear ( some 216 ) fully augmented, Sith warrior, level 44 comp and could not get past level 6 or 7 of the 10 fights. I spent over 300k in repair bills trying to beat it. It is to hard for me. I can not get the mechanics down to do this solo. I don't cry about not being able to beat it. I just leave it to those who can. But to tell people like me it is impossible to complete this event because they won't accept solo+ is just not right.

P.S. I have no problem, redoing everything in the event, I just hope they allow the group Eternal championship solo+ to get the achievement or I am not going to be able to complete this event.

Edited by Death-Hammer

And if they want the items on their original legacy, how is that helping? Lucky for me I have room but some of these individuals would like the items on their original legacy and don't plan on playing on the other ones they would have to make on another server if they had to go another server.

I doubt there are many players that are at the 40 character cap. Some, sure. I doubt that those some that are have absolutely no characters in that 40 that they cannot part with.

I will play this on my main server, under my current legacy, and will simply pop two character slot tokens out of my cargo hold and apply them. Done. Now it's just a question of how far into the event I personally choose to play.

If someone is at 40 characters.. they should be focused on persuading the devs to raise the character limit to 42. ;)

IF a player wants to play the event.. they.... being clever human beings... will find a solution for their particular needs/wants. I give people more credit for taking care of their interests then most here in this thread do I guess.

Edited by Andryah

You have to do one thing solo and you are complaining like it's the end of the world. Your boyfriend isn't going to leave you because you can't do one part of the event with him.

I noticed that Casira tends to go on a lot about how she has a boyfriend that plays with her ;) in almost every thread she appears in