Character Transfer Sale 5/26 – 6/5

EricMusco

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which server is the most heavily populated now ? Is it harbringer ?

Thanks.

Yes. Harbinger is the most populated. But make a few toons on multiple servers and pick the one that best suits your desires...I recommend Harb, but pick the one you want.

So I just returned to the game. My old server the Fatman was merged into prophecy of five. I played the game for a bit and was having fun but I never saw another person so I decided I would transfer my characters to harbinger. I spent 3k coins less than a week ago and now this "sale" happens. I sent a ticket asking for a refund, which a lot of games will honor in such circumstances. I was told no and basically I was S.O.L. How is this ok? What kind of compensation could I get if my coins can not be returned?

Now as a returning player who spent money on these coins to play a MMO with other people, this leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I also subscribed to the game but If this is the kind of customer service I can expect then I will leave just as quickly as I returned.

So I just returned to the game. My old server the Fatman was merged into prophecy of five. I played the game for a bit and was having fun but I never saw another person so I decided I would transfer my characters to harbinger. I spent 3k coins less than a week ago and now this "sale" happens. I sent a ticket asking for a refund, which a lot of games will honor in such circumstances. I was told no and basically I was S.O.L. How is this ok? What kind of compensation could I get if my coins can not be returned?

Now as a returning player who spent money on these coins to play a MMO with other people, this leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I also subscribed to the game but If this is the kind of customer service I can expect then I will leave just as quickly as I returned.

That's the exact problem right there. It is a slap in this players face that he has to ever had paid anything to transfer off of POT5. What this game is doing to its player base is shameful. This post right here is disgusting to the max. You people who run this game should be ashamed of yourselves.

So... you're mad that you bought something that wasn't on sale and won't be refunded the difference of a sale that hasn't even started yet?

Good luck with that with any company.

I hope you are happier on Harby, but if it was worth 3k to move before, it should still be worth 3k.

That's the exact problem right there. It is a slap in this players face that he has to ever had paid anything to transfer off of POT5. What this game is doing to its player base is shameful. This post right here is disgusting to the max. You people who run this game should be ashamed of yourselves.

Thanks for reading and understanding what I said. You said it perfect.

Edited by ToothlessHick

How long until we get forced transfers (or an actual server merge) off the unpopulated servers? With more and more people willingly transferring characters away from the unpopulated servers, it doesn't really make sense to keep them open anymore.

Im looking at the sale as a chance to get my Jung Ma toons where I -want- them to be rather then wherever Bioware arbitrarily decides to dump them once EA decides the super low pop servers are no longer financially viable to maintain.

Yes, BW said they have no plans at this time for mergers, but they answer to EA, and we all know how they like to up and decide to pull the plug on things with little notice.

So, paying 90cc now for a large number of characters to go where I want to be is much better then 1000cc later to get where id rather be instead of off of where they decided to put me.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

How about you stop trying to make money off transfers. make them free for a month and close off all but 2 servers in the us, one east and one west.

i was annoyed that you even bummed it up to 1000k and your it was a sale for a YEAR doesn't cut it. now that you see how horribly bad the idea was to announce that increase with super unbalanced population servers you admit your error and yep guess what charge the player for your mistake to move to a more populated server.

JUST MERGE YOUR SERVERS ALREADY. stop with trying to milk the player base you have left of money. its really not that hard to see. while some might say your a fool just pay the 90cc. i will not spend a single extra cent over my monthly sub to pay for something you can do for free. and yes its free it costs you ZERO to transfer as its a completely automated process. stop with your looking for money. and MERGE YOUR SERVERS.

How about you stop trying to make money off transfers. make them free for a month and close off all but 2 servers in the us, one east and one west.

i was annoyed that you even bummed it up to 1000k and your it was a sale for a YEAR doesn't cut it. now that you see how horribly bad the idea was to announce that increase with super unbalanced population servers you admit your error and yep guess what charge the player for your mistake to move to a more populated server.

JUST MERGE YOUR SERVERS ALREADY. stop with trying to milk the player base you have left of money. its really not that hard to see. while some might say your a fool just pay the 90cc. i will not spend a single extra cent over my monthly sub to pay for something you can do for free. and yes its free it costs you ZERO to transfer as its a completely automated process. stop with your looking for money. and MERGE YOUR SERVERS.

Absolutely 100% spot on!!! Two thumbs up on this ^^^^^^^^^^^

I really don't think that it is fair to pay for BioWare's fault. WHY does it seem to be the cartel market get the highest attention (money, money, money) and the player's will gets completely ignored. We HAVE TO PAY and do not get any help on the new servers, we start at point zero and so on. I know many people who stopped playing because you are not supporting this game for the players - it is just the money.

I defended the game often and BioWare too. But this "respect" connected to how to treat the players is not acceptable. Without the players servers will die...or died.

Well many people did transfer before and since Guild transfer is not possible i dont see much from this "sale week". Like most of the people i think the servers will definitely die now since those people who got stuck on low population servers will definitely transfer away.

Well many people did transfer before and since Guild transfer is not possible i dont see much from this "sale week". Like most of the people i think the servers will definitely die now since those people who got stuck on low population servers will definitely transfer away.

I hope those staying on a dead server because of their guild assets see the light...don't let the lack of being able to transfer a guild stop you from moving your guild...everything you have (ship, stronghold) is replaceable...players aren't. I know the difficulty in leaving it all behind, but don't be stubborn. Leave placeholder toons and suck it up. It's not fair, it blows, but it's the right thing to do.

I hope those staying on a dead server because of their guild assets see the light...don't let the lack of being able to transfer a guild stop you from moving your guild...everything you have (ship, stronghold) is replaceable...players aren't. I know the difficulty in leaving it all behind, but don't be stubborn. Leave placeholder toons and suck it up. It's not fair, it blows, but it's the right thing to do.

Well i know a few guilds which really have a solid structure on Progenitor and stuff like 100% guildshipt and guild SH unlocked so they wont move for sure. THere are advantages to a dead server, nodes farming, no one doing open world heroic missions and if you have a guild you can do anything, flashpoints, operations etc

Well i know a few guilds which really have a solid structure on Progenitor and stuff like 100% guildshipt and guild SH unlocked so they wont move for sure. THere are advantages to a dead server, nodes farming, no one doing open world heroic missions and if you have a guild you can do anything, flashpoints, operations etc

Guildship and SH don't matter...they're replaceable. Players aren't. If they stay, they'll die. If they move, they'll flourish. Node farming is pointless when there's nobody to compete against or sell to.

Guildship and SH don't matter...they're replaceable. Players aren't. If they stay, they'll die. If they move, they'll flourish. Node farming is pointless when there's nobody to compete against or sell to.

It is not the guildship. Of course, on the one hand. On the other hand there was much time we have invested to it that my guild doesn't have anymore. And we are so damn unmotivated to farm credits again for a guildship and 100k prestige again. We will leave some players behind because they are not informed and stopped playing but we will move. We do not want it but there is no other way. I guess everyone is very angry but as long financial aspects are allright, the players are not important if they ever were...

Amen brother! Testify! Preach that Gospel! If they are foolish enough to deny the Word, they shall be abandoned in the wilderness to wither amongst the weeds. Salvation lies in the promised land ... the land of milk and honey and larger player populations.

Because it's inconceivable that a group of players might be self-sufficient and self-reliant such that they have no need of PUGs. Since every player and Guild participates in PvP, population is integral to everyone's enjoyment. It's unheard of for Guild members to play group content exclusively with fellow Guild members. After all, were such a group to exist, then lingering on a "dying" server would inflict no negative consequences upon them ... and we can't consider that alternative, can we? Of course we can't. There are only two options: stay on their current server and "perish" or join the collective on a more populated server and "flourish."

It is not the guildship. Of course, on the one hand. On the other hand there was much time we have invested to it that my guild doesn't have anymore. And we are so damn unmotivated to farm credits again for a guildship and 100k prestige again. We will leave some players behind because they are not informed and stopped playing but we will move. We do not want it but there is no other way. I guess everyone is very angry but as long financial aspects are allright, the players are not important if they ever were...

Create a dummy toon to take guild leadership and before you leave - change the guild message to tell others where you have moved to as well.

It's a crap situation...I understand not having the time you once did...the good news is, credits are easy these days. Pick a couple nights a week to run Heroics as a group...that should net you a minimum of 1mil per toon a week (doing only a few of the planets). Within a few weeks, you guys can have a new guildship.

It's not ideal, it's not 'fair'...it sucks...but it's the best thing to do right now.

Amen brother! Testify! Preach that Gospel! If they are foolish enough to deny the Word, they shall be abandoned in the wilderness to wither amongst the weeds. Salvation lies in the promised land ... the land of milk and honey and larger player populations.

Because it's inconceivable that a group of players might be self-sufficient and self-reliant such that they have no need of PUGs. Since every player and Guild participates in PvP, population is integral to everyone's enjoyment. It's unheard of for Guild members to play group content exclusively with fellow Guild members. After all, were such a group to exist, then lingering on a "dying" server would inflict no negative consequences upon them ... and we can't consider that alternative, can we? Of course we can't. There are only two options: stay on their current server and "perish" or join the collective on a more populated server and "flourish."

I guess it's a good thing I wasn't talking to you right Thor? I was talking to the guy who mentioned guilds didn't want to move because of their assets. Unless that's your alt account, I really don't care what you chose to do Thor.

Edited by TUXs

Create a dummy toon to take guild leadership and before you leave - change the guild message to tell others where you have moved to as well.

It's a crap situation...I understand not having the time you once did...the good news is, credits are easy these days. Pick a couple nights a week to run Heroics as a group...that should net you a minimum of 1mil per toon a week (doing only a few of the planets). Within a few weeks, you guys can have a new guildship.

It's not ideal, it's not 'fair'...it sucks...but it's the best thing to do right now.

Exactly, that is the plan. It is annoying that no one from BioWare repsonses to the "cry". I think it is funny that in english you call them toons. :D In german we call those characters "Twinks". ^^

Exactly, that is the plan. It is annoying that no one from BioWare repsonses to the "cry". I think it is funny that in english you call them toons. :D In german we call those characters "Twinks". ^^

LOL! That's funny because here a "twink" has a very different meaning. Would avatar be better? Characters?