Character Transfer Sale 5/26 – 6/5

EricMusco

PLEASE ALLOW US TO XFER GUILD SHIPS!! Players have spent an enormous amount of time and credits on their guild ships, please please please allow Guild Ships to XFER!!!

My suggest is to transfer your meaningful characters off the server and leave a few disposable level 10s in the guild and continue to campaign for transfers. It's really silly to stay behind.

Edited by SirUrza

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Eric and you others, including Ben for allowing this to happen. Really appreciate it.

As for you guys asking about your guild ships and such. This is the main problem with them merging the servers. Right now, they don't have anything in place for you to keep your guild ship, guild bank, or decorations. If you TRULY want to transfer, you're going to have to start over on the other server you transfer to. It sucks, but that's all you can do.

As for your unsubbed buddies/guildies, let them know. The only other way Bioware can tell the masses is via the Log In screen.

As for your unsubbed buddies/guildies, let them know. The only other way Bioware can tell the masses is via the Log In screen.

That's not true. Every account has an email address associated with it. They could send out an email if they wanted

Are they allowed to do that tho?

Not unless you have opted in to receiving email specials and marketing from BW.

Not to mention, if they do that, and get reported for spam by a good number of people, they can get their IP blacklisted.

That is why most companies, don't do mass emails anymore.

That's not true. Every account has an email address associated with it. They could send out an email if they wanted

Unless said player has specifically opted-in to receive said email... they cannot do this in the modern era of the internet. It would be considered spam and if numerous reports of spamming went to their ISP.. the entire site could get the plug pulled.

This whole.. we gotta email everyone who ever played the game .. is nonsense.

ANY player with any interest in ever returning to this game, they are at least watching twitter, watching reddit and a few other popular fan sites. Probably if they had any social interaction in game.. and were in a good guild.. then they are still at least reading the guilds forum/facebook/whatever. And this will certainly propagate via players to those sites.

Edited by Andryah

PLEASE ALLOW US TO XFER GUILD SHIPS!! Players have spent an enormous amount of time and credits on their guild ships, please please please allow Guild Ships to XFER!!!

99% chance it won't happen. I'd offer similar advice to what some others have already given. This is probably your last chance to choose either holding on to guild investments like guild bank, ship, and stronghold OR playing on a more populated server at a very low transfer cost albeit without the guild assets. Consider carefully because we can't count on BioWare offering character transfers at such a low cost again.

Somewhat disingenuous to suggest you are helping guilds move when, in reality, you are only allowing individuals to move and implying that every individual in the guild moving is the same thing. At least you're trying to do something, but what will you do when those that can't afford to transfer are left on even lower population servers or when those who return to the game find themselves on these servers?

Just some food for thought. I do appreciate you posting somewhat more frequently lately.

After the week of the discounted server transfers we will see these posts on the forums again:

"Why are transfers 1000cc!?!?!?! I am stuck on a dead server!!! Whaaaaaaaaaaaa Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Whaaaaaaaaaa".

Strangely a lack of "I just paid 1000CC!!! ROAR SO ANGRY!" ... so far anyway.

If they are not subbed, why on earth should we care about them? I get that you do.. which is fine.. sooooooo let those 10 people know about it. Be part of the solution.... for your 10 beloved alleged acquaintances. ;)

He's talking about his 10 other clone accounts.

_____

Not including regional transfers means those will stay at 1500? Useless for me then. But good for the whiners that got an extra week of 90cc transfers.

Not unless you have opted in to receiving email specials and marketing from BW.

Not to mention, if they do that, and get reported for spam by a good number of people, they can get their IP blacklisted.

That is why most companies, don't do mass emails anymore.

Even if "most companies" don't do mass emails anymore, BW sure does for SWTOR - I received ones on Jan 15, Feb 19, and Mar 18 (there may have been a mid-April one I deleted) plugging the release of each new chapter, the subscriber rewards for the coming month, etc.

Announcing the sale on the forum will reach [X] people.

Announcing the sale on the forum, emailing everyone who has opted-in to receive emails about it, and tweeting / FB posting about it will reach [Y] people.

So yes [Y] < 100% of the players.

But [Y] > [X].

So it seems like a worthwhile suggestion to say "hey, BW, you should be sure to let people know about this via email (and social media), too".

Edited by DarthDymond

Unless said player has specifically opted-in to receive said email... they cannot do this in the modern era of the internet. It would be considered spam and if numerous reports of spamming went to their ISP.. the entire site could get the plug pulled.

This whole.. we gotta email everyone who ever played the game .. is nonsense.

ANY player with any interest in ever returning to this game, they are at least watching twitter, watching reddit and a few other popular fan sites. Probably if they had any social interaction in game.. and were in a good guild.. then they are still at least reading the guilds forum/facebook/whatever. And this will certainly propagate via players to those sites.

You remind the old farts in the park constantly pointing fingers to anything they dont like, lololol jesus drop the stick already.

Every one who decided to transfer in that short window u need take a look on server population and make a choose to the most healthfull server, coz the last dynamic shows dat every dead and half-dead server keep slowly dying. And healthfull server lives coz transfers.

GL who will stay at this game.

Edited by helpmewin

Thanks, Eric and you others, including Ben for allowing this to happen. Really appreciate it.

As for you guys asking about your guild ships and such. This is the main problem with them merging the servers. Right now, they don't have anything in place for you to keep your guild ship, guild bank, or decorations. If you TRULY want to transfer, you're going to have to start over on the other server you transfer to. It sucks, but that's all you can do.

Yeah I can't see Bioware going about transferring guild assets across so the onus is on you as to whats more important to you, moving from a 'dead' server or your guildship etc. The ball's in your court!!

Edited by Jedi_riches

Shame that Regional aren't included. Given that those have never been available before the sale ended, will there ever be a sale on them? I get it probably required a lot of paperwork, which is a lot of pay for people's time, but the higher cost anyway and no chance of sale seems a bit harsh in comparison to what is being offered for standard transfers. If this is about giving people a chance to get off dead servers and play where works best for them, regional transfers should be included - even if their sale price is still higher than the normal ones.

I have 8 characters stranded onm Shadowlands where I struggle getting queue pops at the times I play, and have already paid a bunch to transfer a couple of favourites to Red Eclipse. But 1500cc's per character isn't really a realistic option for me (I'm happy to spend a bit here and there but £100 upfront just to move characters in a game? Not so much). Guess I'm saving my sub coins for the next couple of years, whereas if they went on sale I'd happily blow some money on cc's to transfer.

Edited by caraniente

Hi Eric,

I am playing since release this game (with breaks). I built up a strong guild over the past years, we have reached much at our tiny german server. We are not able to farm the things again because we do not have that much time anymore. Please transfer guild, we would pay a high price for it. We love that game but our server is so dead that there are no PvP-games, it's hard to find a group with the groupfinder and Operations are rare like Banthas on Hoth. Beause of this, many of my guild left the game because they want to be loyal to the guild but do not have fun anymore. We spent so much time, work, credits and also Cartel Coins in our ship, we do not want to lose it. :jawa_frown::jawa_frown:

Please try to convince the team or whoever is working on transfers that there will be a function to transfer guild with all members and strongholds/ships and guild bank.

Thank you!

You do know that there are players who are currently subscribed that don't follow any of those outside sources, right? I happen to have extra time during the day where I check the forums and Reddit, so even when I'm not subbed I know what's going on, but that is definitely not the norm. And I certainly wasn't checking a guild website that I was not active in at the time.

There is literally no harm in sending out an e-mail to everyone who has consented to receive them. BW has run multiple promos in the past that required this to be done to encourage players to get the information, so it is actually fairly likely that players are signed up.

Thx for the info Eric.!!

BUT!!!

Yes there is always a *but* ;) ..!

Could you please give us specific infos about the whole *Guild-Items won't transfer* problem and how Guilds will be able to use this Sale WITHOUT loosing everything.?!

Best regards

Kage

I'm 100% behind you in demanding that they address guild assets...they absolutely owe their customers this imo.

But...(as you know, there's always a but)...:p

Everything your guild has is far easier to replace than the actual people are. As long as your guild goes together, you've only lost "stuff"..."stuff" is great and "stuff" drives MMOs...but "stuff" doesn't compare to people. Do what is best for the people, worry about the "stuff" later. :)