Petition: Server Transfers

UlaVii

What bed is that? He stayed committed to his server? How the hell can you blame the player for this? This is 110% on Bioware, ALL OF IT! They've let servers die. They've let PvP, GSF, PvE all stagnate.

Bioware SHOULD offer free transfers at the very least...these people will quit otherwise. People like you may not give a flip Drake, but Bioware should.

Peoples lack of judgement and unwillingness to take action is not on Bioware however, and its coming from me who literally blames them for everything. He was warned for an entire week on fleet chat their own server forums, on the dev tracker. Letting servers die is not on BW. Crappy game design story bs and no content is. But they have no control over where people go or who stays in game or on a server.

Edit: oh also 'Bioware SHOULD offer free transfers at the very least...' they should also re-grant coins to those people who actually had to use them to transfer in this case. Wouldn't you agree that its fair?:)

Edited by Xcurtx

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what if Bioware do give these people their transfers? That is only going to make the server even less populated.

What happens if it has an even smaller population? Will Bioware consider shutting it down and saving costs? Will they then be forced to make server merges if the population gets extremely low? Will they keep it running forever?

If they keep it running, will new players be put off by the lack of population and think the game is "dead"? They could potentially lose customers because of this. I do blame Bioware for announcing the price increase so quickly, which meant so many people left so quickly.

Why would I gaf? They NEED the customers far more than we do...let them figure out what to do.

Most of us moved from ToFN a long time ago, you had the opportunity just like us but decided to stay, even though you were aware that the server was dying and that Bioware had intended to raise the prices of server transfer. Why do you feel like you deserve this type of privileged treatment?

You've made your bed, now lie in it.

I moved from Pot5 to Harb (among many servers) a long time ago. That doesn't mean I thought it was right or that everyone should do the same. I still stand behind players who are left on dead servers. Making players transfer knowing that it would kill off the server populations was not Bioware being kind to the players. They knew what would happen with 90 cc transfers. Some of us didn't have strong ties to the server, community, or guilds and it was an easy move to other places. Those with more to lose in a transfer were not so lucky.

Merges should be happening now to the more populated servers. Just get rid of the PvP servers and move the players to one of the PvE servers in the same region. If East coast has more players and still need JC and SL, then leave them alone. Only servers that should exist in NA (can't speak to EU):

Harbinger - West

BC - RP/West

SL- East

JC - East

EH - RP/East

Peoples lack of judgement and unwillingness to take action is not on Bioware however, and its coming from me who literally blames them for everything. He was warned for an entire week on fleet chat their own server forums, on the dev tracker. Letting servers die is not on BW. Crappy game design story bs and no content is. But they have no control over where people go or who stays in game or on a server.

Edit: oh also 'Bioware SHOULD offer free transfers at the very least...' they should also re-grant coins to those people who actually had to use them to transfer in this case. Wouldn't you agree that its fair?:)

No. People play games casually, not everyone is here on the forums nerding out. This is not their fault in any way. If they want to keep a customer (which they should), they need to accommodate those customers.

I moved from Pot5 to Harb (among many servers) a long time ago. That doesn't mean I thought it was right or that everyone should do the same. I still stand behind players who are left on dead servers. Making players transfer knowing that it would kill off the server populations was not Bioware being kind to the players. They knew what would happen with 90 cc transfers. Some of us didn't have strong ties to the server, community, or guilds and it was an easy move to other places. Those with more to lose in a transfer were not so lucky.

Merges should be happening now to the more populated servers. Just get rid of the PvP servers and move the players to one of the PvE servers in the same region. If East coast has more players and still need JC and SL, then leave them alone. Only servers that should exist in NA (can't speak to EU):

Harbinger - West

BC - RP/West

SL- East

JC - East

EH - RP/East

Agreed Jade!

No. People play games casually, not everyone is here on the forums nerding out. This is not their fault in any way. If they want to keep a customer (which they should), they need to accommodate those customers.

you do realize merging servers costs far more than losing the 50 players left behinf on ToFn right?

Ignorance is not an excuse - "I'm sorry officer, I didn't know it was illegal to have marijuana in this State" will not save you from the consequences.

I was on for the duration of a lot longer than im willing to admit during the week of server transfers moving up in price, and I can only recall someone once bringing it up in fleet chat. Not everyone visits the forums, we know that, and their was only a single post in the general discussion about this, so unless you visit the forums frequently, you would have no idea their raising the prices. They need to give a better warning time in the future, and improve communication of events and changes by actually announcing stuff in the game. Having some sort of "announcement tab" or something would go a long way for delivering info on important updates.

Ignorance is not an excuse - "I'm sorry officer, I didn't know it was illegal to have marijuana in this State" will not save you from the consequences.

Many players only play once a week or even less. There is no requirement that you no-life this game and are up to date on server populations. What if you logged in 2 weeks ago with 100 people on fleet and came back today to 10 people on fleet? What if it was fine Thursday and dead Monday?

This isn't real life, it's a game. Players are here to enjoy themself and for many players a dead server limits their ability to do so. If the choice is to merge them into a better server or have them leave the game, I know where I stand on the subject.

I was on for the duration of a lot longer than im willing to admit during the week of server transfers moving up in price, and I can only recall someone once bringing it up in fleet chat. Not everyone visits the forums, we know that, and their was only a single post in the general discussion about this, so unless you visit the forums frequently, you would have no idea their raising the prices. They need to give a better warning time in the future, and improve communication of events and changes by actually announcing stuff in the game. Having some sort of "announcement tab" or something would go a long way for delivering info on important updates.

I'm not arguing of the poor announcement of the transfers. However same day the announcement went live on the price increases they made a thread on the ToFN forums, telling people not to leave. They have been warned there by me and others. And its the exact same people that were just too stubborn to heed others helpful calls that are whining and begging here for FREE transfers. (some cases just a price reduction i know).

So the people who whine the most have been well informed. Go to ToFN forums grab the thread and just start matching the names here.

you do realize merging servers costs far more than losing the 50 players left behinf on ToFn right?

What is the cost exactly? And what's wrong with giving players stranded a free transfer exactly?

Wait, are you seriously comparing casually playing a video game to an illegal activity?! What the hell lol...it's NOTHING like that. NOTHING at all.

I'm not arguing of the poor announcement of the transfers. However same day the announcement went live on the price increases they made a thread on the ToFN forums, telling people not to leave. They have been warned there by me and others. And its the exact same people that were just too stubborn to heed others helpful calls that are whining and begging here for FREE transfers. (some cases just a price reduction i know).

So the people who whine the most have been well informed. Go to ToFN forums grab the thread and just start matching the names here.

Ill admit I got a nice laugh out of this one unfortunately. Yeah they were warned and proved wrong, and their suffering should be no more than us laughing at them for not listening rather them not enjoying the game.

Wait, are you seriously comparing casually playing a video game to an illegal activity?! What the hell lol...it's NOTHING like that. NOTHING at all.

You know crazyCT has the bestest track records when doing analogies and such, and she always has compassion for those In need.

What is the cost exactly? And what's wrong with giving players stranded a free transfer exactly?

1 Development cost of transferring guild ships banks and assets.

2 Work hours put in to develop above feature.

3 Disposal of the old server facility. (server computers, data bases, networking)

4 Disposal of the ISP (most of them bind by contract).

5 Work hours put in to the above two (plus the optional hire of people to do the moving and packing job)

These are all i could think of, can't put a price tag on it but i'm pretty sure this would be more than 50 x 15 x 12 = 9k. Yes that's the number those 50 would net if they stay subscribed for a year.

I was making a point that just because you didn't know something, doesn't mean the rules have to be bent or broken to accommodate you. "I didn't know" isn't an excuse.

Maybe a better one would be "I'm sorry Bioware, I didn't know duplicating millions of items to gain myself a huge pile of credits was an exploit and against the rules."

1 Development cost of transferring guild ships banks and assets.

2 Work hours put in to develop above feature.

3 Disposal of the old server facility. (server computers, data bases, networking)

4 Disposal of the ISP (most of them bind by contract).

5 Work hours put in to the above two (plus the optional hire of people to do the moving and packing job)

These are all i could think of, can't put a price tag on it but i'm pretty sure this would be more than 50 x 15 x 12 = 9k. Yes that's the number those 50 would net if they stay subscribed for a year.

A FREE transfer has NONE of those costs.

Maybe a better one would be "I'm sorry Bioware, I didn't know duplicating millions of items to gain myself a huge pile of credits was an exploit and against the rules."

Rocking those analogies like no tomorrow my friend. Because surely that isn't considered a exploit against the TOS, which is basically the same as above as breaking illegal laws, the only difference is this is in the virtual world.

I was making a point that just because you didn't know something, doesn't mean the rules have to be bent or broken to accommodate you. "I didn't know" isn't an excuse.

Ahhhh...lol, so now any casual player is no better than an exploiter huh? WOW! Just stop...you obviously view these people as cheats and criminals...they aren't, they're just casual.

A FREE transfer has NONE of those costs.

that's not what the OP has been asking, and several other threads as well. Also TUX then you ll get the people who had to use their coins to transfer whining to give it back. drama after drama in any way

your analogies are amazing 5/7

Once again you make a bad analogy. Exploiting as you mention is in the ToS that you "have" to read before playing. Server transfer prices going up was a post in GD a week before they happened. Hardly in the same category of things you should know.

Once again you make a bad analogy. Exploiting as you mention is in the ToS that you "have" to read before playing. Server transfer prices going up was a post in GD a week before they happened. Hardly in the same category of things you should know.

Just like you HAVE to read the ToS when you install iTunes? Yeah, I'm sure you've picked through THAT with a fine toothed comb.

Edited by CrazyCT

Why would I gaf? They NEED the customers far more than we do...let them figure out what to do.

I was agreeing with you btw. It's just these questions have to be asked about what they will do with the server if it loses even more population