Introducing Weapon Tunings

TaitWatson

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From other sources? I guess those will be the most terrible ones.

Questions:

Will you reduce chance cubes drop to get some of those? Or we will get rarity of Unstable lightsabers?

Will it be added in collection?

From other sources? I guess those will be the most terrible ones.

Questions:

Will you reduce chance cubes drop to get some of those? Or we will get rarity of Unstable lightsabers?

Will it be added in collection?

They've already said they won't be included in collections - which really p**ses me off

Nice change. Still waiting on how it will actually look for older weapons.

Also, please reconsider the decision of not adding CM effects to collections. Unless the drop rate is going to be really high, this will just make dualwielders not use it as much, and as we all know, Marauders are true kings of the game (obligatory /s on the last part of the sentence)

Hey folks,

We have seen a lot of questions come up about Weapon Tuning and I wanted to address some of the bigger ones we keep seeing.

Is Weapon Tuning purely cosmetic?

Yes, they do not affect the stats of the weapon in any way.

Will we be able to modify existing weapons?

Many of the existing weapons you have will support the Weapon Tuning slot, but not all. We will continue adding them to existing weapons over time and all new weapons introduced will have this slot.

Are they exclusive to the Cartel Market?

The Lightning Weapon Tuning is exclusive to the Cartel Market, but there may be future Tunings available from other sources.

Are they affected by Color Crystals?

Yes.

Will Tuning effects stack with existing weapon effects?

Yes.

Can we turn the effect on and off like a flourish?

No, similar to existing weapon effects, when the weapon is drawn the effect will always be shown.

Are Weapon Tunings destroyed if removed from a weapon?

No, they are removable from weapons just like other mods and for the same cost as extracting a Color Crystal.

Please keep the questions coming.

Thank you for answering some of our questions so quickly!

Suggestion: If you are putting this in CM, it needs to be a common drop. Or make it available to purchase directly. It would be very disheartening for players to be complaining about opening x-number of packs without getting one and raging. But my sense is that you will make it easy for lots of players to get their hands on it... hence the big announcement.

Whether or not I would rather have a weapon slot for the outfit designer is irrelevant. Weapon tuning (for now) it is.

But what's a genuinely stupid decision is not adding them to collections. My main is a Jedi Sentinel. If I buy expensive gold items, I always do it with the purpose that he can use those. Seeing that I would have to pay double for a single character to have both weapons match (terrible OCD, hm?), I will simply not get it.

It also doesn't make me consider buying two. It doesn't make me more likely to buy more packs. It went from "This has potential. Maybe I will get one." to "Nah, I'm fine." in a matter of two sentences.

That seems like a decision completely counter-productive to what this game seems to have been designed for - alt gameplay.

Edited by Alssaran

Whether or not I would rather have a weapon slot for the outfit designer is irrelevant. Weapon tuning (for now) it is.

But what's a genuinely stupid decision is not adding them to collections. My main is a Jedi Sentinel. If I buy expensive gold items, I always do it with the purpose that he can use those. Seeing that I would have to pay double for a single character to have both weapons match (terrible OCD, hm?), I will simply not get it.

It also doesn't make me consider buying two. It doesn't make me more likely to buy more packs. It went from "This has potential. Maybe I will get one." to "Nah, I'm fine." in a matter of two sentences.

That seems like a decision completely counter-productive to what this game seems to have been designed for - alt gameplay.

So, regardless of the price or drop rate, you're pushing this aside because of collections? If these turn out to be super common (therefore cheap) would that change your mind?

So, regardless of the price or drop rate, you're pushing this aside because of collections? If these turn out to be super common (therefore cheap) would that change your mind?

No. It's not about whether they are cheap or not. Lacking any form of credit sink after decorating my SHs, I sit on a mountain of unspent credits. It's really not about the fact that it might be expensive to pay double. It's the matter of fact that they aren't added to collections in what is supposed to be an alt-friendly game that bothers me.

It's really just saying: "Guys. There is no reason to make this not be in collections. Espescially when you have characters who dual-wield/legacy systems."

Then again, I am on an RP server. That thing will be through the roof. :rak_03:

No. It's not about whether they are cheap or not. Lacking any form of credit sink after decorating my SHs, I sit on a mountain of unspent credits. It's really not about the fact that it might be expensive to pay double. It's the matter of fact that they aren't added to collections in what is supposed to be an alt-friendly game that bothers me.

It's really just saying: "Guys. There is no reason to make this not be in collections. Espescially when you have characters who dual-wield/legacy systems."

Then again, I am on an RP server. That thing will be through the roof. :rak_03:

Dyes are not in collections and they are far more annoying to replace.

The only mods that are in collections are color crystals.

I see this like a dye, except we can actually keep it, so we don't have to buy quite so many over time.

These seem to be like a cross between dye and color crystal. So, they opened themselves up to (extra) criticism by not being consistent.

My opinion is that the drop-rate, availability, and future options (craftable?) will determine how this should be handled. As it stands, we don't know all those answers. So, I can't definitively say they are doing it wrong.

My opinion is that the drop-rate, availability, and future options (craftable?) will determine how this should be handled. As it stands, we don't know all those answers. So, I can't definitively say they are doing it wrong.

Exactly.

It's a freaking vanity item.

Yet people all want to jump off the deep end immediately and start foaming and groaning.

It's entirely possible that they have not yet decided the economics set point they wish to place it at. We know it will be via cartel market initially, and that could be direct purchase or random from packs, or both. We also know the rough range that items purchased for CCs = in terms of GTN sales for credits. And I am sure Bioware knows as well.. and will dial it in accordingly.

Later, I imagine different versions available different ways, as they have alluded to. So for all those vomiting over it being offered initially via CM.... simply wait a while, until they are available via a method that suits you, OR buy them off the GTN as I'm sure there will be a truck load of them moving through the economy.

People need to calm down, IMO, and wait until it goes live and they actually see drop rates, exchange rates via GTN, and ultimately what they release through other methods for this series of vanity items.

Edited by Andryah

Hey folks,

We have seen a lot of questions come up about Weapon Tuning and I wanted to address some of the bigger ones we keep seeing.

Many of the existing weapons you have will support the Weapon Tuning slot, but not all. We will continue adding them to existing weapons over time and all new weapons introduced will have this slot.

The Lightning Weapon Tuning is exclusive to the Cartel Market, but there may be future Tunings available from other sources.

Yes.

Yes.

No, similar to existing weapon effects, when the weapon is drawn the effect will always be shown.

No, they are removable from weapons just like other mods and for the same cost as extracting a Color Crystal.

#Hagfish

Edited by Xcurtx

Dyes are not in collections and they are far more annoying to replace.

The only mods that are in collections are color crystals.

I see this like a dye, except we can actually keep it, so we don't have to buy quite so many over time.

These seem to be like a cross between dye and color crystal. So, they opened themselves up to (extra) criticism by not being consistent.

True, but as it appeared to be in the animation of a Gold rating, and knowing how ridiculously hard it is to get a drop of one of the unstable lightsaber (which remember dye's are not reusable but they did have an easy drop rate and their own pack/random dye purchase for a long time too so it was easy to nab one) so many people are concerned that tats how its going to drop, people buy 5 hypercrates and only get 1 of these. For packs they should bring back bronze items and more items per pack (just 4 would be nice, not the 2(+gift that we can buy any were else for much cheaper when u think of it)) because people want a wide variety of stuff per pack. Overall until they give us more detail on if they will add them for crafters, rewards for pvp, turn in with eternal championship tokens/rewards, and hear back how good/bad the drop rate is. Im neutral on this topic, but skeptical.

Hey folks,

Yes.

Yes.

Well, you still didn't answer the most important question, i.e. will any/all legacy bound weapons have the slot? Otherwise, this is yet another completely useless feature for majority of loyal sub players

Next, you’ll need a Weapon Tuning. They are currently only found in Cartel Market Packs.

Yeah, no, pass. Make another announcement once this feature is not purely gambling adjacent.

Then, maybe.

Just put one in the coin market proper.

Not a fan of Packs and Crates and RNG, but...

We'll see how common they are, what the price is like on GTN, etc.

Then we'll see what the craftable, buyable, and lootable ones are like.

And so on.

Reserving final judgement until we have the whole picture.

QUESTION:

How did this feature get prioritized over adding weapons to costumes?

That's actually a very simple answer and I am saddened that so many people are incapable of seeing it.

It is a far more complicated process to add weapons to the outfit designer than adding this new slot item. I do believe someone official has said as much about it being difficult to do.

Cloths don't really do much, were as weapons have many actions and effects, this most likely makes things quite difficult (if not impossible) to add weapons to the designer function.

Edited by CommunityDroidEN

I asked about something similar to this about 4 or 5 years back at one of the Cantinas in San Francisco. Will we see weapon tuning in the future that do something special when the player scores a critical hit or some other proc. perhaps a large flash of lightning or temporary change to the color crystal.

It would be interesting to see something like a color crystal swap since that would give us a close approximation of a dual phase saber which were popular during this time period according to the legends lore.