Introducing Weapon Tunings

TaitWatson

Nope. It still works.

It's not something they can really fix without removing the Color Crystal slot from all Legacy weapons and offhands (which would suck on several levels), or removing Cartel Market color crystals from Collections (which would suck even more).

couldn't they just bind the weapon to the character on insertion?

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, converting a BoL weapon to BoP just because you missed the icon on the crystal? Harsh.

The mistake was made when they put stats in crystals to begin with.

With the removal of low-stat color crystals, I think they're slowly working towards removing stats from Color Crystals entirely...

...to which I say: About damned time.

With the removal of low-stat color crystals, I think they're slowly working towards removing stats from Color Crystals entirely...

There are a few leveled crystals still in game (the Rakghoul event green/black ones I know still have multiple grades - I should mention that in a ticket, I suppose).

Yeah, just add +36 mastery/power/crit to "handed" gear and remove the stats from the crystals at this point. As it is, Power crystals are almost (not entirely) pointless, and End crystals are not quite better.

They havn't removed ANY crystals, I made mine for my "new" starter character, a tiny little "blue" +3 thing, very cute and under archived in crafting menu

They havn't removed ANY crystals, I made mine for my "new" starter character, a tiny little "blue" +3 thing, very cute and under archived in crafting menu

No, they haven't wiped them from the game. But moving them to Archives and making the old schematics unavailable is as close as they're going to come.

I hope the light saber tuning ends up looking more impressive than that gif. Any light saber that has an animation to it looks like it will over shadow the tuning (at least the electricity one), my Grey Helix one probably would. Why do the other ones get a tuning that seems to cover the entire weapon but light sabers get shafted?

Make light saber tuning cover the entire blade, that would be awesome.

There are a few leveled crystals still in game (the Rakghoul event green/black ones I know still have multiple grades - I should mention that in a ticket, I suppose).

Yeah, just add +36 mastery/power/crit to "handed" gear and remove the stats from the crystals at this point. As it is, Power crystals are almost (not entirely) pointless, and End crystals are not quite better.

The white crystal still has level 50 requirement :(

I hope they are going to change it as well - waiting to get to level 50 just to be able to use a certain crystal is so unnecessary and stupid.

The white crystal still has level 50 requirement :(

I hope they are going to change it as well - waiting to get to level 50 just to be able to use a certain crystal is so unnecessary and stupid.

I remember when the game first launched, if you wanted a purple crystal on a Jedi, there was like one possible boss that dropped a weapon you could take one from. Otherwise, it was nowhere to be found.

Then they dropped a vendor for a week during 1.2 where you could just BUY white and purple crystals. I logged on as soon as maintenance was over to finally get that purple.

Like Dye modules?

Dye mofules were a very common drop and with the damn chance cubes they still are.

I opened two hypercrates and got 0 Weapon Tunings but 9 dye modules.

Given a drop rate like that, WT should definintly go into Collections

Dye mofules were a very common drop and with the damn chance cubes they still are.

They've been coy about confirming it, but they've strongly implied that not only is this not going to be the only Weapon Tuning, but that packs will not be the only source. I personally suspect this will go to Armstech the way Artifice got Dye Modules after they came out

My problem is that some of us spent a great deal of money and/or time trying to get these cool weapons only to have the tunings outdo the effects already on these hard-to-get items. Look at the effects of the Ziost lightsaber, it pales in comparison to the new tuning effect.

Like Dye modules?

You can Dye almost every piece of orange armor.

You can use the weapon tunning only on cartel market weapon and some reputation's one.

So due to the rarity of this item, and the few possibility to put it in ( lets be honest do you want to add a cherry on a poop weapon ? ) this is a creppy bull****

cartel collection & add a custom slot to all orange/purple weapon in the game or trash

Edited by KaellSolaris

Heck no to collections. You my friend are helping fund this game, you spent what? 60 bucks for enough CCs to purchase 2 hypercrates. And I am sure you'll be buying more in an effort to acquire the rare items. Now if only 10 of you do this that is 600 bucks per month free income to bioware. Imagine how many players will purchase packs and hypercrates?!?!

I imagine with there current low drop rates and extreme online gambling model with the random number generator for items this swtor has turned into a cash cow for Bioware. They make a new pack and reskin a few items and charge top dollar to all you to gamble with the dice roll.

Thank you to the generous players who help fund this game and thanks to Bioware for continuing to provide the enticement.

Edited by sethdil

Like Dye modules?

Like Color Crystals, which are more in line with what the tunings are than dye modules. Dye modules, which were always meant to be one time use and thus having them in collections would defeat the purpose of "one time use", aren't exactly a good comparison. Dye modules are more like a consumable than a mod.

Tunings bind to a character and aren't destroyed upon extraction or use, so there's nothing stopping them from being in collections in that regard like there is for dyes. Given their droprate, not having them in collections seems like a poor design choice since it'll probably discourage people from trying for them. Even with the Unstable Arbiter's Lightsaber/Dualsaber, they were available in collections so the drop rate was more palatable. With these, I'm sure some people will still be interested but even then how many of them would go for them again? How many people that would ultimately buy them with credits will go for another? I'd wager a portion of those people would have unlocked them in collections if they were available there, which would have meant more CCs being spent somewhere along the line that simply won't be now.

Only Bioware has the metrics for this but I think excluding tunings from collections is going to turn out to be a bad move in the end.

Like Color Crystals, which are more in line with what the tunings are than dye modules. Dye modules, which were always meant to be one time use and thus having them in collections would defeat the purpose of "one time use", aren't exactly a good comparison. Dye modules are more like a consumable than a mod.

Tunings bind to a character and aren't destroyed upon extraction or use, so there's nothing stopping them from being in collections in that regard like there is for dyes. Given their droprate, not having them in collections seems like a poor design choice since it'll probably discourage people from trying for them. Even with the Unstable Arbiter's Lightsaber/Dualsaber, they were available in collections so the drop rate was more palatable. With these, I'm sure some people will still be interested but even then how many of them would go for them again? How many people that would ultimately buy them with credits will go for another? I'd wager a portion of those people would have unlocked them in collections if they were available there, which would have meant more CCs being spent somewhere along the line that simply won't be now.

Only Bioware has the metrics for this but I think excluding tunings from collections is going to turn out to be a bad move in the end.

We'll see. I certainly want to see them in collections