Introducing Weapon Tunings

TaitWatson

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the great Item we can earn from questing...

I mean gamble for the chance to win in a cartel pack...

The all mighty dollar wins again.

Cash shop: 1,000,000,000,000

Players: -1

Edited by RiVaN_

Thanks for the great Item we can earn from questing...

I mean gamble for i the chance to win in a cartel pack...

The all mighty dollar wins again.

Hey if its not bound to cartel market its not MILKING MONEY

If its not MILKING MONEY it's not getting priority.

If it's not getting priority its not happening.

So is this going to be unique to newly-released weapons, or reverse-applied to existing weapons?

Are all the effects going to be in Cartel Market RNG packs exclusively?

If you're taking feedback, I'd highly recommend adding a way to add a Tuning Slot to existing weapons similar to the way an Augment Slot can be added.

The pistols in the demo GIFs are one of the Starforged pistols, I have a couple. I think the saber is the Tempted Apprentice one, and I don't recognize the sniper rifle or the cannon, but they're not new either.

Just as a note to everyone who wants a weapon designer along with outfit designer; these would be roughly equivalent to a Dye Pack, given the restrictions already stated (not part of Collections). Edited by IanArgent

Is it just me, or does damned near everything these people do in the last year-odd just stink of desperation?

"Only in the Cartel Market," eh? Nice idea, but now not even remotely interested.

(just as an aside: You know, Damian Schubert, there's a good reason why most of us don't treat cash-shop whales with a "little *********** respect," and have no intention of ever doing so, in this game or any other. No amount of earnest F-bombs will ever change this, either.)

Edited by midianlord

Cool, is the color of the effect determined by the weapon's current color crystal? Or is it standard based on the tuning itself?

Sadly that is exactly how it works, its tuning is just an effect.

It would make sense for example Red color crystal with blue lighting tune= Red lightsaber blade pulsing blue lighting. But sadly looking at the pics they demoed it only adds effects and the color is based off your weapon which sucks.

Instead of making weapon with effects, now we get base weapons and have to spend CC to add effects.

OT:When are companions going to get fixed, there are companions getting the wrong stats.

Wooohooo!!

I bet all those people expressing concern about MMO of this MMO not being in live development are feeling awfully dumb now!! Who cares if we never get any new GSF, Ops or PvE content in general. All of this is eclipsed by my ability to decide color of sparkly bits of my blaster! YAS!

Maybe come november a special HK blaster dye set as sub reward? Pls let it be true

I bet somehow, somewhere there is something in this that adds a new bug to the actual game.

Edited by Stradlin

Whats this more crap for RPers.. I swear it's like you guys don't read the forums and look at the real issues. Tait go look at Ben Irvings post. A bunch of unhappy players but lets just taunt people with this crap and ofc it'll be cartel market for the cool ones. Edited by Lil_Fusion

Whats this more crap for RPers.. I swear it's like you guys don't read the forums and look at the real issues. Tait go look at Ben Irvings post. A bunch of unhappy players but lets just taunt people with this crap and ofc it'll be cartel market for the cool ones.

If your idea of an RPer is a person who gives too much of a F about whether or not his blaster is pink, you are kinda off the mark.

Seeing as how the only way to get weapon tunings is to get lucky with the cartel packs...no ty...you put something cool in the game but oh yea...you have to hope you get a lucky draw from the cartel packs. No ty. The idea of what the weapon tunings do is cool but the method of how to get them is total bs. There should also be a random chance for them to drop as mission rewards for heroic missions. That way we actually have to work for them rather then having to throw who knows how much more hard-earned real-life money in the hopes of getting lucky.

Two things:

1. The item needs to not bind to the character (or at least be legacy-bound) so that it's not insanely frustrating to acquire on current and future characters.

2. Are we ever going to get weapons added to the Appearance Designer? You could knock both of these out with one shot by making the effects of your actual, main weapon rub off on the Appearance Designer ones. Get the cool effects of your CM weapons, while also pleasing us players with a less degrading scheme. People will still pay for packs to get the weapons with cool effects.

/EndRant

looks pretty neat, nice surprise

Is it just me, or does damned near everything these people do in the last year-odd just stink of desperation?

"Only in the Cartel Market," eh? Nice idea, but now not even remotely interested.

nah just you.

the items arent just on the cm either, if you read the post youd see that it's available from various other vendors. also you can buy cartel market items off the GTN :sul_wink:

edit misread the tuning slots for tunings themselves. dont burn me at the stake pls

Edited by TheMilk