Introducing Weapon Tunings

TaitWatson

Not a collections items, so dual wield characters will have to pay twice as much for their weapons.

At least make the drop rate plentiful.

This. I remember having to spend a fortune on 2 White Crystals when they were available because Collections didn't exist yet. Hope there's a way to even this out.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. This is really cool.

2. I imagine it will be added retroactively to any weapon with a color crystal slot, in much the same way dye module slots were added to almost all eisting armors.

3. What we really need is a weapon slot in the character appearance customizations.

4. How many of these effects could there be? I can imagine glowing (with the force) , overheated, leaking, but other than that, nothing.

allow us to change the skin of our weapon like we can do with stuff.

add a weapon slot in the Appearance Customization.

This. Please make it possible to us to have nice stats in a nice looking weapon/s.

Basically just outfit designer but for weapons.

This is a very nice new addition to customize our outfits. HOWEVER this should be implemented alongside with adding weapon slots to the Outfit Designer. For someone who is playing multiple characters and who are using the same weapons, they have to use legacy weapons and therefore every character will be having the same looking weapons. We should be able to differentiate our characters' weapons as well, just like their outfits can be unique now.

This is a very nice new addition to customize our outfits. HOWEVER this should be implemented alongside with adding weapon slots to the Outfit Designer. For someone who is playing multiple characters and who are using the same weapons, they have to use legacy weapons and therefore every character will be having the same looking weapons. We should be able to differentiate our characters' weapons as well, just like their outfits can be unique now.

Agree with this. I have a bunch of weapons I like but never really see myself using until they enable them in the outfit designer.

This looks very cool.

I would imagine that e.g. the Gree weapons would have weapon tunings. I'd be curious to see what it would look like in combination with the existing Gree lightsaber effects. I hope there will be some way to preview what it looks like before equipping it, as I imagine the weapon tuning will be somewhat expensive.

EDIT: I failed at reading. :o

Edited by teclado

Hey folks,

Seeing a lot of great questions, keep them coming. I will work with the team and get answers out to many of them tomorrow.

Thanks!

-eric

Will we be able to switch them on and off at will once added without extracting it (either with keybind or option in char sheet like show dark corruption)?

I'm guessing no, but it would be kinda nice

Hey folks,

Seeing a lot of great questions, keep them coming. I will work with the team and get answers out to many of them tomorrow.

Thanks!

-eric

1: Is this cosmetic only without stat additions? (Seems so but I'd like to see it confirmed in writing :) )

2: Will these effects overwrite existing weapon effects such as on the Unstable Arbiters Sabers?

3: Will we be able to use these cosmetics/mods on current and older weapon models too or only the new yet to be released weapons?

4: Is there any specific distinction that'll be made between weapons that can and cannot be modded for this new feature? ie; Purple/Orange quality only?

5: Are these new tunings limited to special FX only or will it also include dye options for the weapons?

6: If these won't be added to Collections will they work the same as Augments where when dual wielding you'll have to buy 2?

7: Will the effect, say the upcoming Lightning one, will the color of that lightning be decided by your color crystal?

8: Why you gotta go and invent stuff that makes me wanna buy all the things?

Maybe this means they'll soon have 'sound cards' where you can pop in a mod to give your weapon different sounds. I've seen nice guns with crappy pew pew sounds, and fugly weapons that sound awesome. It would be nice to customize.

I want Armor tuning. Taking a chest piece and putting a cowl effect on it. Or cape. or enabling a Cowl on a head piece that did not have it before, like Kallig's Countenance.

Weapon tuning seems like a good idea to customize gear further, as long as there is decent number of variations to choose from and they are not confined only to cartel market.

Dear Eric & Team,

Thank you for including this into the game and other soon to come features. This is a nice QoL visual improvement, though not likely one we were all seeking, though it has great potential. Here are some thoughts/suggestions:

1. How relevant will these be for the large mass that strictly utilizes Legacy weapons? I noticed that reputation vendors were mentioned, if this is not available on legacy weapons, it will be nowhere near as popular or useful (hint).

2. Will we be able to "pull" out older appearances weapon tuning such as the arbiter or volatile conqueror's abilities? If so that would be wonderful. Hopefully this is a suggestion that could be implemented because since moving onto legacy only weapons, my other gear such as the Volatile Conqueror Saber is now collecting dust and would like to continue using such an item (or figure a way to make these legacy).

3. Wil lthese have idle animations as well as weapons drawn animations? (Imagine my vanguard with a holstered rifle that is still sparky)?

4. Given that these are going to be included in the packs, has consideration been taken into how few items from a current pack already appear compared to grand chance cubes, will this further decrease the availability of other items for that current pack? (This could become a serious issue if combined with topic #1).

5. Will the effect be modifiable by the color of the crystal in the weapon? If so, that is alot of color customization (would be pretty cool).

6. To help identify weapon shells that have these applied in our bank, can we have some sort of indicator or color change on that item icon to help alleviate accidental destruction?

Thanks!

In stead of working on...well... fixing bugs, class balance (PvE and PvP), new flashpoints, new raids, more maps/modes for GSF, a more class related storyline in KotfE... You worked on even more "Edward Cullen" weapons?

Really?

Really?

... Well, s**t...!

Edited by AFacelessOne

In stead of working on...well... fixing bugs, class balance (PvE and PvP), new flashpoints, new raids, more maps/modes for GSF, a more class related storyline in KotfE... You worked on even more "Edward Cullen" weapons?

Really?

Really?

... Well, s**t...!

I dont think bob the art guy would do too well on trying to figure class balance and raid mechanics...

yes, i would love to be able to use the skin for my old school vanilla weapons. especially the ones from before items were modable.

This. Please make it possible to us to have nice stats in a nice looking weapon/s.

Basically just outfit designer but for weapons.

Really?

Really?

... Well, s**t...!

Different people work on different things. Is that really so difficult to understand?

Or does everybody where you work just flip burgers? Who actually takes the customer orders? And don't get me started on the fries...