Introducing Weapon Tunings

TaitWatson

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The engineer in me wonders what possesses people to wish for weapons that clearly have serious energy leakage issues and a high risk of accidental self injury. :p

Some of them... yeah... no idea why people think a pistol that's constantly sparking and arcing is "awesome".

The engineer in me wonders what possesses people to wish for weapons that clearly have serious energy leakage issues and a high risk of accidental self injury. :p

I agree with you about normal pistols and weapons, but siths lightsaber which sparkle because his owner is filled with lightning energy or jedy saber which glow because owner is filled with positive force energy is something i find very pleasing.

And....why are there still not anymore Legacy weapons in the game?

It is obvious you can change a weapon with this 4.4 patch, so why can we NOT change weapons to be LEGACY BOUND!!!!???? This is something I have wanted for YEARS now, and honestly part of why I quit playing the game as much as I used to. I used to play nearly 40hrs a week at one point, now I log in like once every month. I haven't even done a raid or anything since December. Heck, I haven't even finished the new chapter based storyline on any toon, only started these new "chapters" on one toon. Too many things that were just done wrong or not done at all, and this is one of them. It really ticks me off that I am stuck with the same few weapons across many toon's because of it. ALL these cartel weapons and I can't use any of them once my toon hits max level. There are quite a few Cartel weapons I would like to wear on my max level toon's, but not going to happen because I already have legacy weapons with all the stuff each class needs in them all. We can customize our dye and appearance and use those with no hindrance across legacy with legacy gear, but not our weapons? Why? I have been waiting for a reply on this issue for years and never got one back.

This is just proof that it is possible so it's time to add it too the game already.

Edited by DarthVengeant

I bet when the Tunes first come out that none of the BoL weapons will have a slot for it. This way players will buy more of them instead of just sharing one.

They did say some reputation vendors weapons will have them, but not all of those vendors sell BoL weapons.

QUESTION:

How did this feature get prioritized over adding weapons to costumes?

I really like this idea more, but weapon tuning does sound pretty neat. I'd just prefer the other one because having to gear 3 sets of sabers, (more to come, too) is kind of costly. That's all I'm saying. Also it would make sense to this happen in the future, because they did a really great job with the costume outfitter. 16 isn't enough slots! lol, just kidding...well sorta..:D

what puzzles me is why they aren't adding a collection item for this. And before you say that it's because they want people to continue to pay money for each one, consider that the collection system itself puts that argument into question.

For instance, I unlocked the energized infantry armor set one piece at a time. Now that I have, I can spend a reasonable amount of one time cc's to unlock it for every character I have and for any characters I create in the future, instead of spending hundreds, even thousands of dollars to get another set for another trooper on my account.

Further, for those who think that armor is a different issue, consider that there are dozens of color crystals in the collection system, which for (nearly) all intents and purposes, is an identical category.

My best guess is that, like Dye modules, future availability will skyrocket. If not, a really good explanation is due.

what puzzles me is why they aren't adding a collection item for this. And before you say that it's because they want people to continue to pay money for each one, consider that the collection system itself puts that argument into question.

For instance, I unlocked the energized infantry armor set one piece at a time. Now that I have, I can spend a reasonable amount of one time cc's to unlock it for every character I have and for any characters I create in the future, instead of spending hundreds, even thousands of dollars to get another set for another trooper on my account.

Further, for those who think that armor is a different issue, consider that there are dozens of color crystals in the collection system, which for (nearly) all intents and purposes, is an identical category.

My best guess is that, like Dye modules, future availability will skyrocket. If not, a really good explanation is due.

The intention appears to be that these are a relaxation of the limits of the dye modules (that they are recoverable after use) than a tightening of the restrictions on color crystals (cannot be Collected). We will have to see how more of them are obtained.

The intention appears to be that these are a relaxation of the limits of the dye modules (that they are recoverable after use) than a tightening of the restrictions on color crystals (cannot be Collected). We will have to see how more of them are obtained.

That's what I'm saying. And if that is indeed the case, then like i said, future availability will skyrocket, because they will be craftable, possibly ofered as rewards for quests, etc.

That's what I'm saying. And if that is indeed the case, then like i said, future availability will skyrocket, because they will be craftable, possibly ofered as rewards for quests, etc.

My SWAG is that these will be craftable via Armstech in some fashion, in addition to in packs and the market

Because, if they did, they would never sell more than one to each player....unless they NEVER put a Tuning slot on Legacy Weapons.

Remember the Color Crystal hack? Same problem.

I don't actually remember said hack. Would you please remind me?

....you’ll need a Weapon Tuning. They are currently only found in Cartel Market Packs. The first Weapon Tuning, Lightning, is available in the Plunderer Pack which launches alongside Chapter XIII: Profit and Plunder...

I was excited until you said that. So it's just another CM item that will be waaaaay to expensive by the time it hits the GTN for players who aren't "stupid rich". :rolleyes:

So do y'all eventually plan to add them to some of the crafting skills?

Attach collectible crystal to BoL weapon. Ship to a different character. Remove from weapon, add to weapon. Profit.

well, first off, they fixed that by now, and second, if said hack was unintended, they would not have left out weapon tunings for that specific reason. It would have to be something else.

well, first off, they fixed that by now, and second, if said hack was unintended, they would not have left out weapon tunings for that specific reason. It would have to be something else.

Did they fix that? Never cared enough to try, crystal unlocks aren't that expensive.

I'm looking forward to this addition.

So it's confirmed that they wont be just available in the CM, just the lightning one :D

Always welcome extra content no matter what it is

Really? Confirmed?

I underlined the important part of your confirmation. ;)

The Lightning Weapon Tuning is exclusive to the Cartel Market, but there may be future Tunings available from other sources.

Nope. It still works.

It's not something they can really fix without removing the Color Crystal slot from all Legacy weapons and offhands (which would suck on several levels), or removing Cartel Market color crystals from Collections (which would suck even more).