Game has died, Nowhere to go

MadCuzBad

The existing servers are a lot like the Hawaiian islands. You have the big island Harbingers and then the other more isolated islands running up the chain. Europe servers would be Samoa and the Philippians. Point is they are all 'islands' and feel the impact from other games coming out and taking the wind out of their sails.

As another player since launch I get a sense that the people who used be in charge of populations in the game are not employed at Bioware Austin anymore. They are so focused on writing and developing content that they have nobody to oversee this problem some of us who have been around 4+ years are feeling.

Best Solution: 2 USA Servers 1 East Coast 1 West Coast

Second Best: 3 USA Servers 1 East Coast 1 West Coast 1 RP

Do this fast and do it now. People who play GSF , try to do flashpoints/tacticals, want to participate in events (Gree) are hanging on by a thread.

Example: This fellow on Jedi Covenant was trying to form a WB group for Gree for over 2 hours.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the most part Zakuul is dead, and Odessian is literally a ghost town. However I have not been able to log on to do the new chapter or see what's up :(.

Usually at least 2 instances in odessan on JC. Not to mention I am sure there is a good number of people like me that uses stronghold for everything. I tend to stay away from fleet unless absolutely necessary.

Let it die.

The sooner TOR dies the better, at this point our goal should be to get a real Star Wars MMO. And note that MMO word, that means tons of group content, raids, and the like. TOR should be looked at as what not to do with an MMO.

Let it die.

The sooner TOR dies the better, at this point our goal should be to get a real Star Wars MMO. And note that MMO word, that means tons of group content, raids, and the like. TOR should be looked at as what not to do with an MMO.

We been through this before. Just because TOR dies doesn't mean there obligated to make a new MMO. In fact, seeing TOR die is only going to discourage them making another MMO if anything. I would prefer they make TOR better and give it some love, caring, compassion, and patience than letting it rot to be taken by the wolves

We been through this before. Just because TOR dies doesn't mean there obligated to make a new MMO. In fact, seeing TOR die is only going to discourage them making another MMO if anything. I would prefer they make TOR better and give it some love, caring, compassion, and patience than letting it rot to be taken by the wolves

Exactly.

It's not "TOR dies to allow the next SW MMO to live", it's "TOR dies and convinces everyone that a SW MMO is a bad investment".

Don't want to see TOR die but everyday it's the same thing on Odessen and Zakuul.

people spamming for help doing Star Fortresses and usually being told to go solo the damn thing.

Too many people out there "saying to hell with helping them out' and Zakuul is just people going nuts doing Chapter 10, racing so-called bots for those wonderful boxes or playing in the swamps with Havoc Squad.

they need to find a way to get something new out there and fast.

Use the PTS to test out EC and Chapter 12 before some other poor companion (Nico) gets stuck in purgatory again and can't be summoned or the new Alliance recruit is either naked or wearing Covert energy gear and has an invisible blaster rifle Gamewide.

Only 1 time out of 6 Chapter 11 completions did it not BUG out and make me reset the quest.

PS: put that invisible Blaster rifle in cartel packs while you're at Bioware.

Everyones playing The Division right now, its actually rather insane just how many people I know that are seriously hooked on that game...

I'm finished making excuses for why this game is dying. I just hope the Devs wake up before it's too late.

Exactly.

It's not "TOR dies to allow the next SW MMO to live", it's "TOR dies and convinces everyone that a SW MMO is a bad investment".

Yes, because the corporate idiots will blame the title/theme of the game and not the game that was puked all over us with gambling boxes being the focus of their cash flow instead of real good fun gameplay...

They will just make another MMO, give it a new name and shove gambling boxes in your face again.

Let it die.

EPIC FAIL on your part.

What studio exactly is it that you think will make a new SW MMO? By the way, EA has a 10 year exclusive license (just now entering it's second year) for all SW IP for any non-mobile-gaming games. So factor that into your answer please.

Why would any studio take a commercial risk and spend many 10s or 100s of millions to do a new SW MMO (to your personal specification and requirements) when people like you abandoned the prior one? Oh.. wait.. you are still here playing this one.

Edited by Andryah

EPIC FAIL on your part.

What studio exactly is it that you think will make a new SW MMO? By the way, EA has a 10 year exclusive license (just now entering it's second year) for all SW IP for any non-mobile-gaming games. So factor that into your answer please.

Why would any studio take a commercial risk and spend many 10s or 100s of millions to do a new SW MMO (to your personal specification and requirements) when people like you abandoned the prior one? Oh.. wait.. you are still here playing this one.

Come on... we didn't need all that smug to respond back to him.

I have played on Harbringer for 2 years now. I was forced to server transfer off of POT5 (PVP) server because it became a ghost town. 30 minute que times during peak time. After peak time (mornings and late evenings) no que pops at all.

At the time I had a choice. Goto a populated server with que pops and leave my current server. At the time and still is the most populated server TheHarbringer was really the best choice.

The past 3 to 4 weeks on Harbringer has been the longest que waits in the 2 years I have been playing here. And in the past month has been getting slower each week. I play everyday at the same times so I have my finger on the pulse of Harbringer and know it well.

TLDR: Harbringer is heading down the same road as POT5 and has an eroding population. Only difference is this time for me is that when Harbringer dies off (and it is rapidly heading that way) there is no "GO TO" server like there was in the past. Harbinger dies, where do people run to? As I see it, there is nowhere to run anymore. We have reached the end of the rope.

jedi cov is populated.

i dont get how people complain about swtor yet they still sub and play youre just complaining to complain

Its his right to complain and post about negative feedback just as he wants to, he can post positive feedback. He is obviously still playing because he loves the game, or maybe he invested a lot into it already and is having trouble parting with it. Try adding something constructive to the topic rather than complaining about complainers complaining

EPIC FAIL on your part.

Andryah why don't you give up?

Everyone knows that you are the biggest defender/white knight around. And licenses can be broken. And with the right Star Wars MMO they would make that money back in no time like SWG did. I don't even know if TOR broke even at this point.

i dont get how people complain about swtor yet they still sub and play youre just complaining to complain

There's a solution to his problem: server merges. BW has danced around the subject over the last 18 mos or so but they've done merges before.

On the day the new chapter launched every server is light pop (at the time of typing).

As of this typing

The Bastion

Light

PvP

West

UP

Begeren Colony

Light

RP-PvE

West

UP

The Harbinger

Standard

PvE

West

UP

The Shadowlands

Light

PvE

East

UP

Jung Ma

Light

RP-PvP

East

UP

The Ebon Hawk

Standard

RP-PvE

East

UP

Prophecy of the Five

Light

PvP

East

UP

Jedi Covenant

Standard

PvE

East

To those talking about fleet. I would say the better reason is that people just have less reason to be on fleet. I normally hang out in my guild flag ship where I get fleet chat without fleet lag. If I am not there I am in a GSF game, doing a heroic, on Odessen or in one of my strong holds. There just isn't as much reason to be on fleet as there used to be.

I know it's not SW, but if your honestly looking for PvP, it's time to look at Camelot Unchained. Beta 1 is "coming soon" 24/7 open world PvP for most of the game world, plenty of races, tons of unique classes, crafting, it's going to be fun

To those talking about fleet. I would say the better reason is that people just have less reason to be on fleet. I normally hang out in my guild flag ship where I get fleet chat without fleet lag. If I am not there I am in a GSF game, doing a heroic, on Odessen or in one of my strong holds. There just isn't as much reason to be on fleet as there used to be.

Nobody cares about fleet or any other planet. Someone tried to derail the thread. The thread is about slow que times and dying servers, not fleet.

On the day the new chapter launched every server is light pop (at the time of typing).

PvP and Pugs aside, there has to come a point that the devs acknowledge something isn't working, and before we get the we will communicate better in the future after things go bad it might be an idea for them to start listening and discussing options.

As currently things aren't working if even on the day the new chapter is official launched no one is playing. Can they really expect it to be better in a weeks time?

Someone mad a list of all the servers at the time when they posted. All servers were light.

Bottom line is that if people don't get que pops within a reasonably quick time, they leave the game or server transfer. And since the server transfer off Harbringer is not productive (because Harbringer is most populates) they will just leave the game.

The snowball has already started rolling on Harbringer. Server to server ques should have been a main priority in the construction in a game like this. And for whatever reason it wasn't put in (game engine etc etc) should have been resolved during or before development. Because now you have a game with massive subs bleeding off with no end in sight.

Oh look, another "The sky is falling" thread. :rolleyes:

de·ni·al noun /di- ˈ nī(-ə)l, dē-/

Definition of DENIAL

1 : a psychological defense mechanism in which

confrontation with a personal problem or with reality is avoided by denying the existence of the problem or reality

2 : refusal to admit the truth or reality

3 : refusing to admit the truth or reality of something unpleasant

Let it die.

We won't see any abother MMO based on SW universe, coz TOR. This devs have managed to kill a classic jedi vs sith wars, they even made cross-faction wz, but peoples asked about cross-faction solo ranked to increase pops, to solve the problems with sync que and dead factions, but they never listen.

In terms of PvP, its not only my personal opinion, the game is done. But game in general - not. Its in their niche, half-dead + almost dead servers will be sometimes fulled with big expansions once in a year or mb not. IMO.

Edited by helpmewin