Game has died, Nowhere to go

MadCuzBad

de·ni·al noun /di- ˈ nī(-ə)l, dē-/

Definition of DENIAL

1 : a psychological defense mechanism in which

confrontation with a personal problem or with reality is avoided by denying the existence of the problem or reality

2 : refusal to admit the truth or reality

3 : refusing to admit the truth or reality of something unpleasant

I've been hearing the same sad song being sung every two months now since Rise of the Hutt Cartel came out, over two years ago, and the game is still listed as #5 on the list of "healthiest" MMOs currently going.

Get a new tune already, Boy Who Cried Wolf, 'cause the one your singing right now is oooooold. :rolleyes:

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been hearing the same sad song being sung every two months now since Rise of the Hutt Cartel came out, over two years ago, and the game is still listed as #5 on the list of "healthiest" MMOs currently going.

Get a new tune already, Boy Who Cried Wolf, 'cause the one your singing right now is oooooold. :rolleyes:

2.0-2.10 actually was the best times for SWTOR, devs tryed to make an MMORPG. It was very bugged at release ROTH thats why peoples raging. Idk about how healthy this game atm, but now i can see that my PvP server is almost dead and a lot of players from TOFN moved to TRE, coz this. Actually TOFN still have "some" ranked community and thats all. TRE is living coz transfer from other servers, tho Harbinger too, but how long this will continue?

Edited by helpmewin

2.0-2.10 actually was the best times for SWTOR, devs tryed to make an MMORPG. It was very bugged at release ROTH thats why peoples raging. Idk about how healthy this game atm, but now i can see that my PvP server is almost dead and a lot of players from TOFN moved to TRE, coz this. Actually TOFN still have "some" ranked community and thats all. TRE is living coz transfer from other servers, tho Harbinger too, but how long this will continue?

Exactly. And on Harbringer it seems like not much longer TBH. Been thru this 3 times before. I know the pattern by now. Its very predictable.

EPIC FAIL on your part.

What studio exactly is it that you think will make a new SW MMO? By the way, EA has a 10 year exclusive license (just now entering it's second year) for all SW IP for any non-mobile-gaming games. So factor that into your answer please.

Why would any studio take a commercial risk and spend many 10s or 100s of millions to do a new SW MMO (to your personal specification and requirements) when people like you abandoned the prior one? Oh.. wait.. you are still here playing this one.

Not to mention Andryah making a SW game or really any medium related to that title has to deal with a very rabid fan base. Where they will easily turn and burn any medium down very easily due to their own beliefs of what the game/movie should be.

I mean look at how people talked about Carrie Fisher in the new movie, even though her character was suppose to be an aged, weathered version of her past (same as Han Solo, who honestly looked worse then Fisher lol).

If this game crashed and burned, I think it would be a long time before they tried again (look how they cancelled 1313). And honestly I think anyone that is hoping this game fails because they think they will get something like SWG is really just fooling themselves.

Nobody cares about fleet or any other planet. Someone tried to derail the thread. The thread is about slow que times and dying servers, not fleet.

Actually the thread is about slow que times on the smallest less populated servers out of them all I believe. Guess we will see how it plays out with this instance thing they are trying. But mega-servers in this game engine would be a disaster.

Fleet is a fine indicator.

That observation wasn't from Tuesday night after Chap 11 released either...that's how it's been lately. It's not uncommon at all.

According to your metric, I'm never logged in. I don't go to the cesspool that is fleet. 50 million credits for a flagship, and I don't use it either because no matter where it's orbiting, it's fleet chat. Seriously, if I want to know who's doing who's mom when, and what race is currently the top of the food chain, I'll hang out on FB.

I mean look at how people talked about Carrie Fisher in the new movie, even though her character was suppose to be an aged, weathered version of her past (same as Han Solo, who honestly looked worse then Fisher lol).
Eh, Carrie could have looked worse ... they could have dressed her like a SWTOR Companion.

...but now i can see that my PvP server is almost dead and a lot of players from TOFN moved to TRE, coz this...

That sucks, but honestly it tells me a lot more about how players feel about open-world pvp, namely that it isn't nearly as popular as its fans like to believe.

Definition of DENIAL

confrontation with a personal problem or with reality is avoided by denying the existence of the problem or reality

con·fir·ma·tion bi·as

noun

noun: confirmation bias

the tendency to interpret new evidence as confirmation of one's existing beliefs or theories.

According to your metric, I'm never logged in. I don't go to the cesspool that is fleet. 50 million credits for a flagship, and I don't use it either because no matter where it's orbiting, it's fleet chat. Seriously, if I want to know who's doing who's mom when, and what race is currently the top of the food chain, I'll hang out on FB.

I never suggested it was an indicator of who has logged in and who hasn't - I said it was a fine way to gauge population trends.

I never suggested it was an indicator of who has logged in and who hasn't - I said it was a fine way to gauge population trends.

What trends can you observe? Will it be an accurate indicator of how many people are running PvP, Ops or FPs? Is it an accurate indicator of how many people are just coming off the primary class planets? The only thing it indicates anything like accurately is how many people are on the fleet at the time that the person trying to see it looks. It in no way is an accurate reflection of game population overall. Most of the people in my guild avoid fleet like the plague as well, granted that's nothing like an adequate sample size of the player base, but it's about the same as trying to say it's an accurate way to gauge pop trends.

A few months ago I moved to Harby, BC was just too dead for pops.

In December pops were happening like crazy, almost instant queue for stuff, even SM GF ops were popping, which I never used to see on BC.

The past month has been really quiet. Perhaps not as bad as BC was last summer, but it is headed in that direction.

Frankly, how many people are playing and doing solo stuff doesn't matter much to me personally, there could be 1 person, or 1 billion people, solo content is solo content.

I pay for and play a MMO to do group stuff, and that is in bad shape. Unranked WZ still pop during prime time well enough, but GSF is in terrible shape and HM FP generally only pop if I'm on a tank, and even then the quality of the players is such that only maybe 1/2 of them are getting finished these days.

---

I haven't posted as much in the past month because I haven't played as much in the past month. I'll try the new warzone next month, but frankly, I'm losing interest.

A few months ago I moved to Harby, BC was just too dead for pops.

In December pops were happening like crazy, almost instant queue for stuff, even SM GF ops were popping, which I never used to see on BC.

The past month has been really quiet. Perhaps not as bad as BC was last summer, but it is headed in that direction.

Frankly, how many people are playing and doing solo stuff doesn't matter much to me personally, there could be 1 person, or 1 billion people, solo content is solo content.

I pay for and play a MMO to do group stuff, and that is in bad shape. Unranked WZ still pop during prime time well enough, but GSF is in terrible shape and HM FP generally only pop if I'm on a tank, and even then the quality of the players is such that only maybe 1/2 of them are getting finished these days.

---

I haven't posted as much in the past month because I haven't played as much in the past month. I'll try the new warzone next month, but frankly, I'm losing interest.

^^^^DITTO^^^^

And I might add to what you said this. I see people discussing population of game and how to measure it. I would bet that the population of players has dropped considerable over the past 6 months, BUT even if it has not dropped, QUE times definatly have and for a lot of players they mean everything.

I speak from experience coming from 3 server mergers. When the majority of people have to wait for que pops they either quit or transfer to a server that is more populated. And since Harbringer is the highest populated server the only option left is to quit playing.

Its a snowball rolling down a hill effect. Once the trend of slow que times start, it snowballs quickly. There were 188 US servers that could testify to what I am saying.

We could argue over why the que times are slower now on Harbringer then I have seen in 2 years. I think most people would agree that it is because the game population is in steady decline. But even if it isn't and the game is just as populated as ever, without frequent que pops I will not continue to play. I would if there was another server to transfer to that would solve that problem, but at this point it is one server doing worse than the next at this point.

I don't really care why the que times are slowing. I only care that they are. And the way I play and have played this game since launch que times are crucial for me whether or not I continue to play this game or not. So far I have dodged the bullet. But I do believe we have reached the end of the rope. That day is here and is now.

Quoting all of this for emphasis. BW needs to pull it's collective head out and see what is happening in the game, not just look at numbers, but look at how the game is playing. They need to get employees on the servers and try GF content and see what's happening. Then they need to realize that story is great, but when it's a single story, it's only good for one character, once. Then they have some serious fixing to do while they still have a game to fix.

Based on my experience, I would expect that that peak of subscriptions last quarter is gone and they are now lower than they were 6 months or a year ago and still dropping. Active players certainly are, so even if the subs aren't gone yet, they will be as they run out.

How many players have removed payment info from their accounts and are waiting for them to run out. How many removed the payment info and stopped playing even though the sub hasn't run out? I expect those numbers are huge just based on how busy the servers aren't at this point.

And I might add to what you said this. I see people discussing population of game and how to measure it. I would bet that the population of players has dropped considerable over the past 6 months, BUT even if it has not dropped, QUE times definatly have and for a lot of players they mean everything.

I speak from experience coming from 3 server mergers. When the majority of people have to wait for que pops they either quit or transfer to a server that is more populated. And since Harbringer is the highest populated server the only option left is to quit playing.

Its a snowball rolling down a hill effect. Once the trend of slow que times start, it snowballs quickly. There were 188 US servers that could testify to what I am saying.

We could argue over why the que times are slower now on Harbringer then I have seen in 2 years. I think most people would agree that it is because the game population is in steady decline. But even if it isn't and the game is just as populated as ever, without frequent que pops I will not continue to play. I would if there was another server to transfer to that would solve that problem, but at this point it is one server doing worse than the next at this point.

I don't really care why the que times are slowing. I only care that they are. And the way I play and have played this game since launch que times are crucial for me whether or not I continue to play this game or not. So far I have dodged the bullet. But I do believe we have reached the end of the rope. That day is here and is now.

Just to address some more hyperbole in this thread. I was just on The Harbinger and there were 3 instances of Odessen. So not quite the "ghost town" it was made out to be.

Have you considered that there are less "pops" because there is less group play going on? That is not one in the same as the game dying and/or population decreasing. The only thing your anecdotal assertions can indicate is a decline in grouping.

Just to address some more hyperbole in this thread. I was just on The Harbinger and there were 3 instances of Odessen. So not quite the "ghost town" it was made out to be.

Have you considered that there are less "pops" because there is less group play going on? That is not one in the same as the game dying and/or population decreasing. The only thing your anecdotal assertions can indicate is a decline in grouping.

Frankly, it doesn't even have to be that. How many ignore lists are posters on while claiming that grouping is dead? Not that I know any of them are or not, but it's also a possibility. I see lots of people trash talking every day in game that wind up ignored, and have been known to make jokes about them coming to the forums complaining that grouping is dead because they can't get in any. Who knows, maybe it's true.

Frankly, it doesn't even have to be that. How many ignore lists are posters on while claiming that grouping is dead? Not that I know any of them are or not, but it's also a possibility. I see lots of people trash talking every day in game that wind up ignored, and have been known to make jokes about them coming to the forums complaining that grouping is dead because they can't get in any. Who knows, maybe it's true.

Yeah generally I take these kind of que discussions with a grain of salt, because alot of time it is because they are on ignore lists. But not going to generalize everyone with the same issue.

Yeah generally I take these kind of que discussions with a grain of salt, because alot of time it is because they are on ignore lists. But not going to generalize everyone with the same issue.

Worth repeating

Definition of DENIAL

2 things worth mentioning:

#1. You do know that ignores have no effect on PVP ques right? You can ignore anyone you want and as many as you want and they will absolutely be qued up and play in the same PVP instance anytime.

#2. I have 30 toons on Harbringer that I toggle thru and play. I highly doubt that any of them are on an ignore list but if any of them are ignore isn't aimed at ignoring an account, but just that toon.

Worth repeating

Definition of DENIAL

2 things worth mentioning:

#1. You do know that ignores have no effect on PVP ques right? You can ignore anyone you want and as many as you want and they will absolutely be qued up and play in the same PVP instance anytime.

#2. I have 30 toons on Harbringer that I toggle thru and play. I highly doubt that any of them are on an ignore list but if any of them are ignore isn't aimed at ignoring an account, but just that toon.

Worth repeating

con·fir·ma·tion bi·as

noun

noun: confirmation bias

the tendency to interpret new evidence as confirmation of one's existing beliefs or theories.