Game has died, Nowhere to go

MadCuzBad

The thing about KotFE is that it has a lot of solo story content. And a lot players love it. Hence, less time spent looking for groups and actually grouping.

Just looking at historical activity levels on the US servers (can't comment on EU servers as I don't monitor them), we are right about where we usually are 6 months after an expac releases.

So.. the "dead" appearance is more situational, and affects people who like to group to play (PvE or PvP) much more then players who are not so heavily focused on group play.

Now.. as for the OPs premise... yeah.. well PvP is not ever going to be what some people want it to be in this MMO. There are better MMOs for serving avid PvPers IMO. Cross server queues will not solve this either.... no matter how much some players insist that it will.

Problem is that this game just released part of there new expansion just last week. There constantly giving us new updates, yet it has declined the same just as any other expansion according to your analysis. While it may not be a failure as of yet, it certainty isn't going to make this game have the rock star status it did before.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Queue pops != dead.

Queue pops != not dead.

I know this is hard to swallow, but the number of people doing X in a game ( other than "X = paying money" or "X = logging in to do anything at all" ), is a purely subjective indicator.

The speed of your PvP or group finder queues is not an objective measure of the game's health.

The number of people you personally know, who share your personal taste in what they want from a game, who have stayed or quit, is not an objective measure of the game's health.

What you are doing here is claiming that an entire city's economy is in the dumps because no one shops at YOUR favorite store any more.

To be fair everyone who has tried to counter the OPs post is also basing it out of there personal queue times as well. I haven't seen any statistics or articles from anyone yet and I been monitoring this entire thread, so I apologize if I missed it.

My guild had 100 qualifying accounts before 4.0 and I'm struggling to keep 50 now :( There is some statistics for the Devs.

There is nothing exciting left in game to do at this point. Except 30mins of story per month, if that gets you excited. I enjoy it tbh. But the majority of people I know prefer the non story content.

They need to bring back the hype for this game. The kind of hype that

update had. Focusing on one area of the game is never a good idea. Ever.

My guild had 100 qualifying accounts before 4.0 and I'm struggling to keep 50 now :( There is some statistics for the Devs.

There is nothing exciting left in game to do at this point. Except 30mins of story per month, if that gets you excited. I enjoy it tbh. But the majority of people I know prefer the non story content.

Yep 2017 gang is the year Play while you can.

everyone i know who coming to play is only messing with the f2p and wont spend a dime on it.

2017 and I have tried to post what i find but for someone reason i get warnings...

LEN

OMG THIS ^^^ That's is so the kind of stuff that got me excited for this game but at this point its hey look, 15 mins of single player content and gear that makes you look like an HK droid. :( There is really no denying what it has come to at this point and anyone else still trying to defend it...The usually people(you know who you are.) SWTOR is really in a sad state right now and it's just not fair that EA owns a virtual monopoly on SW franchise because it's not going to get much better than this as long as the "worst company in America" owns this license.

de·ni·al noun /di- ˈ nī(-ə)l, dē-/

Definition of DENIAL

1 : a psychological defense mechanism in which

confrontation with a personal problem or with reality is avoided by denying the existence of the problem or reality

2 : refusal to admit the truth or reality

3 : refusing to admit the truth or reality of something unpleasant

ob·sti·nate

ˈäbstənət/

adjective

stubbornly refusing to change one's opinion or chosen course of action, despite attempts to persuade one to do so.

Another thing that has a nasty habit of interfering with people's gaming is having a life, which sometimes demands that our attention be focused elsewhere, instead of on making sure that some random guy in an MMO can get into a queue whenever he thinks he should be able to.

I like pretty much all you said but this sticks out tremendously. In the US, I can finally start coming out of my basement because the frozen tundra of the Midwest winter is losing it's grasp and spring is near :D. This means some much needed sunlight for my pasty, pale skin and generally much longer days and shorter nights.

You may see an influx of kids/young adults logging on more often come Summer break, but if you're an adult with a life or a family, Spring and Summer will definitely cause me and probably others to not be playing as often.

OMG THIS ^^^ That's is so the kind of stuff that got me excited for this game but at this point its hey look, 15 mins of single player content and gear that makes you look like an HK droid. :( There is really no denying what it has come to at this point and anyone else still trying to defend it...The usually people(you know who you are.) SWTOR is really in a sad state right now and it's just not fair that EA owns a virtual monopoly on SW franchise because it's not going to get much better than this as long as the "worst company in America" owns this license.

I must do a QFE

Why do people always make posts that read like "Because I hate the state of the game means everyone else should as well." If you dont like the state of the game then DONT PLAY IT. Stop trying to convince everyone else that they should share your opinion on the matter.

Why do people always make posts that read like "Because I hate the state of the game means everyone else should as well." If you dont like the state of the game then DONT PLAY IT. Stop trying to convince everyone else that they should share your opinion on the matter.

I'm not asking you to read the entire thread, but at least some of it may shed some light on the situation. OP is unhappy because of long queue times, not because he hates the game and wants it die. In fact, he wants to play MORE instead of less, but due to his current experience with queue pops, he thinks the game is dying. Others have stated based on there experience that they had better queue times, so the game isn't dying, but one point stands that madcuzbad makes, once a player leaves because of bad queue times, it causes a snowball affect making queue times longer and longer repeating the cycle until the problem is solved or the problem kills that aspect of the game.

its not the problem that the game is dead the players are the problem

ea day so few 100 players spend most of there time ad GTN

other few 100 talking trash on the chat and thats it all day

so the serious players that like to do OPS ore PVP cant w8 very very long sadly

i see it all the time on red eclipse

but this is with many mmorpg so

players like to hang out more in places and troll the chat then realy playing the game

GW2 is the same and many other also

Game has died?

yea been reading that for years mate, guess be reading this same crap for years to come.

Yeah, if you type "dying" into the forum search, you can see the posts started something like 2 weeks after launch.:eek:

This game has been dead for about five years now, supposedly.

Really, for a dead game, it's doing well.

Definition of DENIAL

confrontation with a personal problem or with reality is avoided by denying the existence of the problem or reality

The pvp queues may have been more active in the previous months due to many players doing them atleast once for their M14X or Pierce. As more people are done with that recruitment mission, the amount of people signing up for a game will decline. Not to mention the toxic atmosphere created by "pvp heroes" who are playing in unranked instead of ranked, would have not encouraged many to return to a warzone ever again.

I have been playing the game for a long time casually, but I've never spent any time on the fleet. I will finish whatever business I have on the fleet quickly and leave for one of my strongholds, where I have access to all the daily utilities. I can guess it will be the same for many players, whom will not be taken into the faulty measure of monitoring fleet activity as an indicator for the game's population.

Definition of DENIAL

self-righteous

[self-rahy-chuh s, self-]

Definition of SELF-RIGHTEOUS

confident of one's own righteousness, especially when smugly moralistic and intolerant of the opinions and behavior of others.

Definition of DENIAL

To accuse someone of denial, first you have to offer hard evidence of something that they're supposedly denying. So far, you've offered nothing to demonstrate that your position is reflective of objective fact, rather than personal perception and opinion.

You're the one making the claim that the game is dying -- it's on you to prove it. Remember that you have to overcome the fact that people have been saying the same thing since just about the day the game launched, several years ago, and yet the game is still here.

Reflexively accusing everyone who doesn't share your opinion of "being in denial" is intellectually dishonest.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

I *never* queue for PvP, because instanced PvP sucks. I don't even queue for group PvE content anymore, because it was bad enough before the game became so easy you didn't even need to know how to play your class with healers that didn't heal and tanks that weren't tanks...I can't imagine how bad PUGs are now lol.

This game has always been KOTOR 3 with a subscription to me, and the only things that have changed are it's too easy now, and the new content sucks. Do I really need to grind Alliance crap to have 40 companions? No thanks.

When u can't get insta pops(without matchmaking) 24/7 in both PvE/PvP the game is dead bros. Its sadly, but its true. But if srsly SWTOR is not dead, it is in maintenance mode with low populated servers. Edited by helpmewin