Chapter X does not complete

PorsaLindahl

It seems they are more worried about testing the 4.3 and rolling out chapter 11 instead of looking at what is currently broken.

I apologize if I seem bitter, but really not even an acknowledgement that this is still an issue, and being told that according to the patch notes this issue cannot happen, has made me somewhat passive aggressive.

This is the worst bit for me. Games break. It happens. Especially MMOs. It's forgivable, but to not have someone take 2 minutes to post a message saying 'hi guys, sorry about this. we're working on it and hope it's fixed soon' or similar, isn't. Neither is not updating the patch notes so that at least agent players who don't check the forums don't think the issue is fixed and waste their time doing it again.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is driving me nuts. My Agent is my main. I've never been so upset with the game. I get things like this happen, but to address it, have it STILL remain broken, and continue to push PTS and Warzones without addressing it, like they think it's fixed and no longer care.

Please someone say something about the status of this.

My agent is my main as well and now stuck in limbo because the chapter wont complete. This is a real issue and should not have to wait for the next update, someone should be working to fix this and get it into game NOW! I cant do any of the alerts and recruitment missions, this is just BS. Any other game would have fixed this within hours not weeks, and you wonder why subs are dropping like flies.

Same as everyone above for me on my Imperial Agent. It makes me somewhat hopeful that eveyone is saying agent (even though my agent is pretty much my main now) because at least that means I can probably go do my smuggler without the same issue. But man, this is frustrating. :( I want to do the new stuff on her.

I took my sniper through right after 4.1 dropped with no problems. She had been leveled from level 1 to 65. My operative, who I tried to take through after 4.1b dropped is having the problem. He is also my level 60 token character. Is there any correlation between a leveled or token character? Or is it any agent both operative and sniper that tries to go through after the 4.1b patch that fails the completion of chapter X?

I took my sniper through right after 4.1 dropped with no problems. She had been leveled from level 1 to 65. My operative, who I tried to take through after 4.1b dropped is having the problem. He is also my level 60 token character. Is there any correlation between a leveled or token character? Or is it any agent both operative and sniper that tries to go through after the 4.1b patch that fails the completion of chapter X?

Not on my end, I have a leveled up operative and a token sniper, both having the problem.

Just ran into the same problem with my Operative. Chapter 10 won't complete. The cut scene didn't auto trigger, it needed interactioin with Lana to start it. But after the dialogue choices and the final cutscene with Arcann and Vaylin I'm returned to the war room and mission status doesnt advance, It' reverts back to "Travel to the war room on Odessen". The sequence can be repeated by talking to Lana again, but with the same result.

I've tried all the usual stuff like relogging, resetting the instance, travelling offworld and back etc.

I can't believe this hasn't been hotfxed yet. It's a showstopper, quite literally. Leaving it to a forthcoming patch is not good enough, this needs hotfixing. Besides there's not even any acknowledgement a fix is incoming or that it's even a known issue. Not good enough.

This game is a total shambles currently. It can't even be called "maintenance mode" because they aren't even maintaining it.

Hey there!

The team is looking into a few instances of players reporting that they were unable to complete Chapter X currently. I don't have a current status, but wanted to let you know that we are aware!

Thanks!

-Tait

This was posted on 02-11-2016.

An update would be appreciated.

If you can't finish Chapter 10, can you finish the upcoming Chap. 11, 12, 13, etc... ?

This was posted on 02-11-2016.

An update would be appreciated.

If you can't finish Chapter 10, can you finish the upcoming Chap. 11, 12, 13, etc... ?

That was posted before the patch that supposedly fixed the problem, but instead broke all Agents. Also, we get the quest prompt that tells us that Chapter 11 is coming soon, so I imagine we will be able to start it. The problem is we can't do all the stuff associated with completing Chapter 10, like recruit Blizz.

Edited by DyvimFarshot

My guild's looking to start doing operations so i was going to do some heroics on my (start@60 agent) and such to work on my gear in preparation for that only to realise that i am not able to complete chapter 10 and as a result locked out of summoning my strongest companion (lana). So guess i wont be doing that any time soon, i should probably be thanking Bio though considering how tedious and mind numbingly borning the heroic grind is anyways as a heal spec.

*drums fingers*

Do we all need to private message somebody so they finally recognize this problem? What do they have to do, have a dev roll a token 60 agent all the way through Chapter X to confirm what dozens of us are reporting?

If this keeps up much longer, I figure those with agents who can't complete Chapter X should get some sort of in-game compensation once the bug is fixed. I don't care a whole lot about credits, or cartel coins. But I do care about gameplay for my main toon being broken.

This bug is annoying but I wanted to let players know that, at least for me, there is a way to summon Lana, Khaliyo, etc.

I can't summon them on Odessen and they disappear if I try to go there. But I can summon all my companions on my agent if I go to my stronghold, log off and back on.

I demand some kind of answer as to when this will be fixed! In all of the threads I have seen on this subject I have not seen one answer from the devs or EA about when this is going to be fixed. The only thing I have seen is someone posted that it is supposed to be fixed at the next update on 3-10-16. So for a month the paying subscribers of this game have had their characters basically placed in limbo ( at least players with agents). This is ridiculous and unacceptable, NO OTHER GAME DEVELOPER has less respect for its paying customers than EA/BIOWARE. FIX THE DOG NMAD PROBLEM ALREADY!!!

I have 3 Agents, 1 has completed Chapter X prior to 4.1b being released, the 2nd one is stuck in that loop at the end. I can use my strongest companion which believe it or not is Kaliyo. But only if I leave Odessen, and go back to SH or any other planet. Same with Lana, and Theron, I don't care that I lost Koth. I was able to complete it on my Sith Warrior, Inquisitor, Bounty Hunter, Knight, Consular, Smuggler and Trooper, but I will not let my 3rd Agent go through and get stuck in this loop. I have replayed the mission by reset only by jumping to fleet, and hitting reset button. I will not do this chapter again.

It has been 19 days since 4.1b has went live with their fix, and yet for those of us that have played Chapter X , and are agents are stuck like this. I have even told friends that I do have in game, if they have an Agent not to play Chapter X until this bug is fixed, or they will be stuck in a time loop for the mission to complete. It's all I can do to help out my fellow agents in game is tell them not to play Chapter X until it's fixed, unless they don't mind being stuck in a loop, and not able to recruit Blizz.

Same problem. However there are additional knock-on effects.

You can only craft one item at a time w/Kaliyo. And, when going to oddess she will despawn and you have to go to a different phase to bring her back.

Next question... having leveled her to 37 - when BIO un-corks their head and fixes this (if ever) will I retain her level or will that be lost?

BIO - lest we forget, we PAY for this! Time to start issuing credit for the days you have failed to meet your obligation of providing the paid-for service.