Slicing post-nerf, please look at the numbers BW

Renifizzle

Everyone's still avoiding the issue that the REASON slicing was overpowered was because you could get 400 at LEVEL TEN!

If they just implemented a fracking level cap on professions, NONE of these issues would have occurred. There would be people hitting 50 and realizing that slicing was actually somewhat *useful* to foot their repair bills and buy mats.

Instead, we had a bunch of people making level 10-20 characters and abusing the system. So instead of fixing the issue, they just decided to nerf the whole flipping crew profession.

They DID fix the real issue. Which was the fact that people had a money printer with no cost and all reward.

To offset the nerf, maybe they should make world nodes better. Because this way, you actually have to work to get your items.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps EA should do some more research before nerfing anything in their game that came out a couple of days before? Nerfing a prof a couple of days after release with like 80% after months of beta's etc doenst really sounds like a good tought-trough gamedevelopment to me...

The real problem is that they decided to spend time nerfing slicing instead of addressing the *many* bugs brought up, playability issues, the fact other crafting skills needed a BUFF, etc.

Go check out the pvp forums. All the pvp guys are on the verge of quitting too simply due to the way they built the skill casting mechanics.

But no.

Nerfing slicing is a much higher priority.

Hey, don't you know that nerfing slicing is a game breaker???? the pvp problems are on the same level as the random npc toons shrinking. You need to get your priorities straight and understand the devs are all knowing and nerfed slicing because it would have caused catastrophic consequences that would have caused the game to implode upon itself.

Just saying...

wasn't slicing meant for Augments? i think that's the only skill that grants them right?

And what are augments ment for ? Are we supposed to wear crit crafted blue gear to raids or PvP at max level ? Orange gear has like 0% chance for crit craft and drops don't have augment slots.

Dear BW...wrong move...you remind me Zipper, listening to most screaming ones...

Firstly, I thought that nerf isnt bad. After few hours... It is. Im lucky when Im in + credits. I used to spend money in AH and it looked to me like natural economic flow. My other skills are not so profitable, but slicing gave me resources to support them.

Not anymore. Its useless to send companion to missions when, next to chance of total failure (which is fair) is BIG chance, even on rich, gain less than invested - and it usually happens. In result, Im spending LESS (and by 90% less) money in AH. Im stocking my money, selling loot... and not investing. If many will follow this path, manufacturers and everyone on AH will be drought soon.

Its paradox, but that is how economics works. Remove paying class and your manufacturing class would die. Because, in result, you cant pay for i.e. Barrel with Crystal. Nope. You need money and money are used elsewhere. On more important things.

This is result of messing with economics. Problem is, that slicers will drop this skill at all, because schematics drops are too low and augmentations? Sorry, but this is another misstep in economic projection...

Dear BW, I understand that you can make a mistake...but making mistakes in MMO and with economics...it can be disastrous. And I fear, because it was based on screaming of many players that really didnt see what slicing gives to all, not just slicers...

Anyone leaving because they adjusted Slicing MISSIONS (not even gathering!) is not the type of player which contributes positively to the environment of the game anyway. Find the door.

Actually they adjusted the lockboxes themselves, not the missions. So this nerf is global across the nodes as well.

Edited by KalenDarkmoon

Dear BW, I understand that you can make a mistake...but making mistakes in MMO and with economics...it can be disastrous. And I fear, because it was based on screaming of many players that really didnt see what slicing gives to all, not just slicers...
What "slicing gives to all" would have been hyper-inflation had EA/BW not fixed the problem.

Actually they adjusted the lockboxes themselves, not the missions. So this nerf is global across the nodes as well.

Precisely. Even the boxes in Illu / Tatt pvp zone aren't worth farming. I pull more in scavenging/UWT missions (you know, what you guys call printing money) than I do roaming looking for lockboxes.

Cheers.

I just spent most of the day doing quests and sending 2 companions at a time to run lock box missions. I'm still well into the green, contrary to what most posters have said. While it may not be like winning the lottery on every mission, it is still profitable.

Precisely. Even the boxes in Illu / Tatt pvp zone aren't worth farming. I pull more in scavenging/UWT missions (you know, what you guys call printing money) than I do roaming looking for lockboxes.

Cheers.

I have a very difficult time believing that vendoring goods yields more money than what lockboxes give you.

What "slicing gives to all" would have been hyper-inflation had EA/BW not fixed the problem.

Well, but this nerf is going opposite way. Strongly freezing it, because with too nerfed slicing, people will simply drop it and sum of money will drop even more.

Im not saying it shouldnt be nerfed...Im saying that this version of slicing is useless. And will have conseqences.

The point is that you can still gather nodes. And that is still free.

So does every other gathering class. Other gathering classes are guaranteed to get some material on every crew mission which you can sell or use to level up your crafting skills for "free". Slicing crew missions are now useless. If they don't at least return a small percentage over all then there is no point to a lockbox mission. This is not a point about crew missions, which is what was nerfed. You're not making any relevant points.

I just spent most of the day doing quests and sending 2 companions at a time to run lock box missions. I'm still well into the green, contrary to what most posters have said. While it may not be like winning the lottery on every mission, it is still profitable.

this right here is what you guys need to do. see this guy here took the nerf and then from there adjusted the way he plays AND STILL IS MAKING A PROFIT

I have a very difficult time believing that vendoring goods yields more money than what lockboxes give you.

I was surprised as well. Just shows how much the lockboxes themselves were nerfed. Granted, I am also taking into account the fact that I can send companions on missions while doing space / pvp, whereas roaming illu/other places takes time and yields very little credits in the comparison. Also, you have to compete with others roaming the same areas, diminishing returns further.

Edited by Pansophist

So does every other gathering class. Other gathering classes are guaranteed to get some material on every crew mission which you can sell or use to level up your crafting skills for "free". Slicing crew missions are now useless. If they don't at least return a small percentage over all then there is no point to a lockbox mission. This is not a point about crew missions, which is what was nerfed. You're not making any relevant points.

Hmm, maybe you're right.

It shouldn't consistently yield a profit though. That's what was overpowered. Maybe it should cost money 90% of the time but when it crits, it gets you a crap ton of money?

The point is that there has to be SOME cost to sending your companions on missions like every other crew skill ever.

Edited by VioletZero