Petition for Matchmaking and Cross Server Queues [Comment or Sign Please]

Lhancelot

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First - Bioware is secretly working on cross server as we speak and I know this because we now have cross server transfers so its only a matter of time ( I mean one to two years or maybe three) that bioware can put the bread crumbs together in order to create a cross server que. I do hope this is done before we all unsub or find something more

ideal.

Balance and Match making improvements: The design is working as truly intended so far. The issue as always is that we don't have enough people in the ranked que. Now the reason we don't have enough people in the ranked que is because we are very competitive by nature and when we see a player under performing we do our very best to teach them how to improve... LOL

No we don't we chase them out with insults and we talk in general chat to further attempts to dissuade them from que'ing ranked again, because we wanna win and not have some guy cost us our precious rating. We really do eliminate our very own and then we are left with a smaller population who really get tired of seeing the same old names and faces and shortly after that the ques slow even further until we complain that we need something more again.

Many people have made suggestions for improvement so far what we have is the best so far. Perhaps change how rating is gained might help? Before the big no's swing in... Listen currently if a team of ranked players lose to a better premade or better players on alts or what not you stand to lose 25 to 50 rating. I've mentioned the idea of installing a minor change.

Instead of losing 50 rating for that bad game, replace this concept with a 1 rating gain. Crazy yes... gaining 1 rating for losing a game. Its not critical nor would it really hurt anyone - the winning team could gain 300 rating who cares? The lost rating is what upset's us all...

If the game made this change more bad players would want to que up for ranked - and more skilled players would become tolerant of the bad players. The reason the good players could tolerate this change is due to the fact that it's not game breaking and the good player doesn't have to win the next ten games to balance out the loss that one bad player cost him. Due to the extreme rating difference between winning and losing - we wouldn't be at risk of seeing bad players take position on the leader boards either.

We would see people use their main accounts more to keep their rating as high as possible - but what's really vital here is that bad have a chance to learn to become good through practice. Who knows right ?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...