Upcoming Stream Plan

EricMusco

Just wondered if it would be like the last one where "super December" was described, with all these different events taking place - then at least two of them failed to run, but because you'd all been given December off - it didn't matter.

Something like that again?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I understand your worries, I would advise you to not worry about it. As far as I remember personally, they've always done a re-cap blog on every stream and even then, Dulfy does an excellent job transcribing streams. I would be willing to guess, information accuracy won't be an issue.

What should be a concern and this is just my view, but we should be concerned about whether or not we get new information at all or just a scrap if that. I would like to know something chunky enough each month at the least.

You've changed. A lot. Aren't you supposed to tell people that all is fine and BW will deliver? Overall, tone of your posts has changed a lot in recent months.

and because that's all the content they have to talk about! :(

EXACTLY!

They'll spend the first 10min setting up, then they'll talk about how amazingly successful 4.0 has been for 10min, then they'll give us a sneak peak at HK-55 for 7min and talk about how much customers wanted him (even though he's EXACTLY like HK-51), followed by a loading screen for chap 10 where they'll say "Hey guys, here's the loading screen for the chapter 10...but that's all we can show you"...they'll finish the final 2 min by telling us how excited they are.

So with these upcoming streams are you actually going to have a conversation with the viewers and answer questions, or are they going to be garbage like the last one? I am still waiting to find out when BioWare is going to start using the Public Test Server that I am unable to even install the client for with the new launcher.

I'm sure they will...someone will ask what the Devs favorite new companion is and they'll spend 3min answering it.

I am going to make a prediction. The first 3 months are going to go as planned. The fourth month, one of the livestreams is going to be postponed a few days. After that, this regular livestream will fall off, to where we only get one every 6 months. I really hope I am wrong!

You're wrong!!! I bet it doesn't even last 3-months. But...I hope I'm wrong too...

You're wrong!!! I bet it doesn't even last 3-months. But...I hope I'm wrong too...

Have they had any form of communication last for three months without rescheduling things? I miss the days when we had a state of the union address blog post that outlined the year. It all feels so "thrown together last minute". It feels totally directionless. It feels half arsed. I know I'll tune in to the live stream. They'll do exactly as you said, and I'll get zero actual information about where this game is headed outside of chapter 10....which they can't say too much about because spoilers!

Have they had any form of communication last for three months without rescheduling things? I miss the days when we had a state of the union address blog post that outlined the year. It all feels so "thrown together last minute". It feels totally directionless. It feels half arsed. I know I'll tune in to the live stream. They'll do exactly as you said, and I'll get zero actual information about where this game is headed outside of chapter 10....which they can't say too much about because spoilers!

I'm trying to save you time Shwarz :p

How about instead of a "story stream" you put a bug fix stream in there instead and talk to us about what you're doing to fix things like the search function on the GTN not working, not getting credit for certain Weekly missions, all of the PVP problems etc etc etc?

I'm quite sure we're going to be playing through the story on our own time, we don't need to be hyped up about it, quite frankly most players I talk to are far more concerned with bugs and known issues that are blatantly ignored than they are where the story is headed.

The most funny thing? Eric doesn't even answer 5 pages of questions about stream in his own thread. Figures...

even he sees that it is a pathetic attempt and number of fanboys they can convince is going to south of border. so he does not even try anymore. sad....

More, end game, group content such as Operations, Operations and Operations!

even he sees that it is a pathetic attempt and number of fanboys they can convince is going to south of border. so he does not even try anymore. sad....

Why are you suprised?

"Set it and forget it" is the norm now. The SWTOR team motto is, "give them enough to keep us piad." Beyond their paychecks they don't honestly care.

Edited by RiVaN_

Who is your target audience??? Everyone who matters has already played through the existing story, we all know the deteriorating status of the game, and upcoming changes don't make a difference when there isn't new content to experience those changes with.

There's... nothing here. You (the SWTOR team as a whole) are wasting time, just like you have between Chapter 9 and 10. 'Well there's The Force Awakens and Battlefront' -- who cares??? They're being managed and developed by completely separate people. The only things you've given us are attempts to justify your laziness. You're not even working on a new Operation, last time you cared enough to give us an update.

Why cancel Shadow Realms if you're not going to do anything with the focus you promised would be given to SWTOR?

The problem here is that you're not putting out any new replay-valuable content. You're putting out fancy story stuff (which I enjoy... once or twice.) which makes for great advertisements to get new players into the game, but you rely on what's already here to keep those players in the system. For those of us loyal customers (who've actually subbed since the first day of early game access and have enjoyed everything the original dev team had to offer) you're really not putting any effort into keeping us around. You're focusing on 'hook' content and relying on the high replay value of the original, core content to keep new players in the game.

That's great for new players, they have a thousand or so hours of fun to have, but the players who've already cared about the game and already enjoyed it... they're starting to not. You guys really aren't giving us much reason to stick around. PvP sucks, yet conquesting requires it, thus giving players a positive incentive to have a negative experience... you've flat-out MURDERED the endgame PvE scene... RPers will be RPers and they're a lot of what's keeping the game around. If this game wasn't Star Wars, it would've died years ago. The sad part isn't that you aren't aware of that. The sad part is that you are aware of it, and are exploiting the players' Star Wars loyalty to do things that would never fly in a non-Star Wars game. It's pretty despicable.

TL:DR - SWTOR dev team leverages the Star Wars aspect of the game to get away with poor development decisions. They give BS excuses for laziness, and their stream will accomplish nothing since it's not actually targeted at anyone.

This ^^^^^^^^ nailed it. I'm a Founder an am SICK AND TIRED of REHASHED OLD CONTENT!!!!!!!!! UnSubed today actually, I hung in there as long as I could because its Star Wars but I'm DONE!

Hey folks,

One of the things we intend to do more regularly this year are livestreams. First off, our next livestream still be next week on Thursday, January 14th from 4 - 4:30 PM CST. This will be a Producer Livestream with Ben Irving to talk about what is going on in the game, and what is coming up. Later this month we will then do a story focused stream with Charles Boyd. This stream will occur on Thursday, January 28th from 4 - 4:30PM CST. This stream will talk about where the story of Fallen Empire is currently, and where it is going.

Our plan for the next few months will follow this format. A Producer Livestream with Ben will be on the second Thursday of the month. Two weeks later, Charles Boyd will talk through the story of Fallen Empire. This way each month we can talk a bit about the status of the game, upcoming changes, etc. And then separately focus on Chapters and the story of SWTOR.

I will be updating the Twitch page to reflect the schedule for the next few months. Thanks everyone!

-eric

This is one thing that needs to happen to get more communication between the fans/players and the developers. Its great that you say you listen and read our comments but its more meaning full to get first hand responses.

I hope this means great things for SWTOR in the future.

EXACTLY!

They'll spend the first 10min setting up, then they'll talk about how amazingly successful 4.0 has been for 10min, then they'll give us a sneak peak at HK-55 for 7min and talk about how much customers wanted him (even though he's EXACTLY like HK-51), followed by a loading screen for chap 10 where they'll say "Hey guys, here's the loading screen for the chapter 10...but that's all we can show you"...they'll finish the final 2 min by telling us how excited they are.

I'm sure they will...someone will ask what the Devs favorite new companion is and they'll spend 3min answering it.

You just described every live stream to date. And totally agree that will be the latest one too. :(

They'll spend the first 10min setting up, then they'll talk about how amazingly successful _________ has been for 10min, then they'll give us a sneak peak at __________ for 7min and talk about how much customers wanted ____________ followed by a loading screen for ___________ where they'll say "Hey guys, here's the loading screen for __________ but that's all we can show you"...they'll finish the final 2 min by telling us how excited they are.

Now it's a Mad Libs for everyone to use!!!!

I think they do have something new and exciting to announce (although how exciting depends on the player)

They are now going to give up the pretence that this is an mmo and announce you can now let your companions play SWOTR for you, I know I know we already know this is largely the case, but in an added twist you can take 7 off them to ops instaed of actual players where they will just clear said ops for you whats not to like

In all seriousness pls let us know new ops are actually coming this centuary, that new group content is coming and stop pretending story is actua new content something that takes 30 mins to clear is fluff who cares and its not something you can be arsed repeating

Hey folks,

One of the things we intend to do more regularly this year are livestreams. First off, our next livestream still be next week on Thursday, January 14th from 4 - 4:30 PM CST. This will be a Producer Livestream with Ben Irving to talk about what is going on in the game, and what is coming up. Later this month we will then do a story focused stream with Charles Boyd. This stream will occur on Thursday, January 28th from 4 - 4:30PM CST. This stream will talk about where the story of Fallen Empire is currently, and where it is going.

Our plan for the next few months will follow this format. A Producer Livestream with Ben will be on the second Thursday of the month. Two weeks later, Charles Boyd will talk through the story of Fallen Empire. This way each month we can talk a bit about the status of the game, upcoming changes, etc. And then separately focus on Chapters and the story of SWTOR.

I will be updating the Twitch page to reflect the schedule for the next few months. Thanks everyone!

-eric

Will you be answering the community question properly or only those your overlords are ok with. If its the later then the stream is a waste of time...

Hey folks,

-eric

Mr. Musco where is Lana's metal bikini? Musco PLS!!!

:jawa_frown:

But I am dead serious: I want to take Lana's potato sack off and put the slave girl outfit.

:jawa_biggrin:

Please give us more companion romance scenes. And im not talkong about scenes like we have now with just one kiss that lasts no more than 2 sec and a ftb, i mean real romance scenes like in dragon age and mass effect. They dont have to be as intense and sexual like on those games but at least give us something more than just one kiss and a ftb.