Patch 1.0.1. Thoughts?

WarTornPanda

I don't quite understand what folks expectations are. Odds are that the 1.0.1 bug patch was actually mostly in the works during Beta. The other bugs that have been noted as folks have progressed take time to debug and test. It isn't like they can wave a magic wand and *poof* the bugs are fixed.

They also must have run into some kind of network/server glitch, or else the servers wouldn't have been down so long. So odds are they had a back end issue that we knew nothing about, but they needed extra time to fix it.

Applying 'common' sense and exercising patience can benefit folks greatly in the long term.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

<<IT admin who manages a global software deployment

Server infrastructure upgrades(RAM, Storage, host OS updates), Network optimization from the datacenter to the outside world, database(backup, cleanup, tweaks), patch implementation with stability tests afterwards, i think you get the point.......

It is more than just like installing a windows update on your PC.

Wasting your time. Every 'expert' out there is busily raging about how trivial everything is, because they've never had to do anything remotely like it in their life, and obviously there are never any bad patches or unexpected issues.

EVE had a patch 'day' that lasted a week because they royally screwed something somewhere up. This is nothing.

"It's holidays ffs"

The game was released before a major holiday, we know. Quit the excuse-ism. Whose fault is the release date?

Patch doesn't fix enough of the things it should. The changes to slicing and Warzone Commendations are nice and all, I guess, but maybe priorities are misplaced. Just to name a few minor ones, the cover bar still re-enables whenver you go through a loading bar, and still no way to lock the camera to a different angle while you move, it will auto-adjust. To me, those issues (while minor) are more important than tweaking numbers on crew skills or Warzones.

THAT's IT??? That's all they fixed. Are you kidding me? What a crappy company. Don't you people work harder than that. I could fix these things in one day. Did it really take you that many days to fix a tool tip? I'm am soooooooo underwhelmed by BIOWARE.

As you get older you start to realize that the world does not revolve around you. We have some say it a great patch to some saying I may leave now. Its their game and if you leave the game keeps going if you stay the game keeps going. They fix what they think needs it.

Do the odds on if the DEVS even read YOUR Post haha. Those posts are nothing more then watching your baby get upset and hold its breath. All you do is say ok.. and watch.

Its text.. relax

Not a single graphics fix. In fact, things seem to look worse than ever. Now Medium texture settings are broken in addition to High, so now I'm forced to use Low. At least the character models still look good, otherwise I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between this game and Anarchy Online. Edited by carnac_fett

It's strange that they would change things in positive way and not include them in patch notes...

There were some changes to space combat, most notably new bonus objectives in some missions(it's possible that earlier they just weren't working properly, still, it's a change).

Didn't see the bug I wanted to be fixed done yet, but overall decent. The bug fix I am really wanting is having settings stay applied, which I guess would include companion abilities in addition to the "enable cover bar" which always seems to default to being on.

Have a 26 Jedi Knight and didn't even know there was a Kira bug. Don't know if it is not 100% happening, or if I have not reached it yet, or maybe I just missed it and don't realize it.

Didn't see the bug I wanted to be fixed done yet, but overall decent. The bug fix I am really wanting is having settings stay applied, which I guess would include companion abilities in addition to the "enable cover bar" which always seems to default to being on.

Have a 26 Jedi Knight and didn't even know there was a Kira bug. Don't know if it is not 100% happening, or if I have not reached it yet, or maybe I just missed it and don't realize it.

The Kira bug is a "quazi" bug. it's a bug, but not breaking the game. Flirting with her during a particular mission, would caus affection to stop accumulating. it has been semi-patched today. And you will only run into this bug if you Flirt with her during that mission at a certain spot.

For the Jedi Knight mission "The Defector", flirting with Kira Carsen during the Ship Intercom conversations following the events at the Abandoned Mining Base will prevent players from being able to receive further companion conversations from Kira Carsen.

Workaround: Avoid flirting with Kira Carsen during "The Defector" mission. Players who have already flirted with Kira will need to wait for a patch before they will be able to have conversations with Kira but will still be properly accumulating affection with her in the meantime.

well I hope that bioware steps up and care less about randoms.. let us take in premades.. or give us a premade que!! groups of 4 is retarded..

The only Warzone which would be good with pre-made teams is 'HUTBALL'. Imagine a server-wide Hutball league? Would be awesome!

The rest, they should be kept to randoms with one 4 person group per side. No WoW-esque steamroller teams in SWTOR please!

:)