How long Before Your Guild kicks you out

RogerApple

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am GL of 4 guilds across 3 servers and I run them all the same way, casual with no member-rank obligations to the guild. In them, I added an additional rank called "MIA 60+ Days". It has no privs other then guild chat and it rests one position above recruit and one position below member.

As of 11/11/2015:

<There Is Only Peace> Shadowlands - GL Callenwolde (170 accounts)

<My Chains Are Broken> Shadowlands - GL Mechrondar (114 accounts)

<Legacy of the Jedi> Bergeren Colony - GL Bellandra (175 accounts)

<Bounty Hunters United> Ebon Hawk - GL Sortiarius (empty except for me and 1 other, staying that way)

While none of my guilds are anywhere near the max number of players, I've already put the deguilding rules in place to set an expectation with members.

If a player is missing in action (no login) for 60 days, that player's rank is changed from whatever it was to MIA 60+ Days. If, in the future, I decide that I need the space, I look first for people in the MIA 60+ Day category. Members know that people who wind up in that rank are at risk for being deguilded. Not necessarily will get deguilded, but at risk. When they come back on, I reset their rank to member.

A player only gets into MIA 60+ Days if the toon reached level 10. Players who have not reached level 10 and have not logged on in 30 days are deguilded, sometimes between 20-30 days depending on my mood.

With four guilds, I cannot run around to all four of them all the time (they do all share the same teamspeak channel, so that helps). Therefore, I need officers and lieutenants who are willing to set aside their own interests for the interests of the guild and actually do some work. The higher the rank, the higher the expectation that the person contribute to the functioning of the guild. It's called leadership through service. We serve the members, and the higher your rank, the more the person is expected to serve the interests of the guild. This game as a player class called "guild administrator" and that's pretty much all I can do. Being of highest rank, I put the greatest expectation on myself to my own interests aside for those of the guild. For that reason, I limit my lieutenants and officers to active players.

Any player in any of my guilds who had a rank higher than member (officer / lieutenant) has not logged on in 30 days, I demote that person to member, and should that person later seek me out wanting to be restored to the previous rank, I remind them that the rank has an expectation of solid, sustained contribution to the functioning of the guild. Idle authority is bad. I put my lieutenants and officers to work, I don't let them goof off. So inactivity for lieutenants and officers is a second layer of inactivity that I pay attention to.

Edited by xordevoreaux

My boyfriend and I run a small guild and we have a policy real life is more important than a game. He is in the air force (basic atm) so he can be gone for a while and then tech school.

We don't look for quantity. We tend to look at the quality of the person, and not that doesn't mean what they can do in ops, flashpoints, etc, it means the character of the person. The character of the person (behind the toon) is more important to us than all the ops and flashpoints they may have done.

We have only kicked one person and that was because of their behaviour not because of not playing but then again we don't just recruit anyone looking for a guild. We are very selective and sometimes a couple of our rules some people don't like.

This pretty much is how we run things in our guilds. We play multiple games together and have a guild presence in all of the games that we play. We've been together for a number of years and don't have issues with things that other guilds most likely do.

Well, I am not leading a guild, but we never kick Players, just reduce their rank to inactive.

But I had some funny moments concerning guildmembers. Twice I was ninja-invited as I leveled my twinks, because we had no guild at that time on empire side. So, as I was in that guild, I realized that after some time, I was guildleader, cos all Players left the game. And at that Moment I kicked all 12 inactive members and never get complains that I did something wrong. Today I have 2 twinks as guildleader in my personal one member guild. Just me. Unfortunately no credits I could put my Hands on :)))

Of course I have 12 toons in my guild I am playing with for 3 years. But I can say, I am a guildleader in two guilds, I feel so proud :)))))

Depends on guild size. Since 500 is the max characters and most players have tons of alts, they usually clean people up if it's a large guild. Typically 2-3 months minimum unless you gave them notice. If it's an extermely large guild that has to have multiple guilds to house everyone, then it may be faster.

This pretty much is how we run things in our guilds. We play multiple games together and have a guild presence in all of the games that we play. We've been together for a number of years and don't have issues with things that other guilds most likely do.

That is very true. When I was in SWG I was in a guild and the drama that occurred besides the arguing turned me off quickly on guilds so when I came to SWTOR I knew we didn't want a guild like that and thankfully we have a great group of people. Those people I am proud to call my friends. Anyone in the guild knows if something is going that they need to talk about we are there for them even if it means forgoing a flashpoint or something if someone just needs to talk.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

That is very true. When I was in SWG I was in a guild and the drama that occurred besides the arguing turned me off quickly on guilds so when I came to SWTOR I knew we didn't want a guild like that and thankfully we have a great group of people. Those people I am proud to call my friends. Anyone in the guild knows if something is going that they need to talk about we are there for them even if it means forgoing a flashpoint or something if someone just needs to talk.

What guild os that and server?

Soon™...the way I play, my guild is very likely to kick me out very soon.

In fact, when they switched servers this summer to run away from me, I didn't think they'd allow me back in...it's funny what a name change will do :D I tell bad jokes, I join PuG groups and sucker them into joining, I go left when I should go right, I PvP like a chicken with my head cut off...yeah...I'm expecting to be cut any day now...when I log in, the 1st thing I do is press F1 to make sure I haven't been kicked yet...I know it's coming...they probably just don't know how to do it yet :D

depends on a guild and on you. I've been in guilds where the kick date is never, guilds where depending on how active of a player you were when you were playing, you may never be kicked, or kicked eventually and guilds that were hitting maximum player limits, so in those unless you were one of the core players/people, you would get kicked after few weeks of absence.

in other words. there is no set rule - and each guild is different depending on preferences of its core.

P.S. on less logged alts. - this is what guild notes are for. note that character is your alt and when guild does its cleaning, they know not to kick your alt out.

Edited by Jeweledleah

OP, Honestly it depends on the guild. Some Guilds will kick people after 2 weeks of inactivity, Mine (Unknown Heroes-Rep, Anonymous Champions-Imp) usually about a month or 2 of inactivity, unless you have a character note asking to not remove you. Some guilds never touch it at all... In fact.. on my old server.. I ended up Guildmaster when everyone in the game quit playing and just left the next highest ranked in charge, Which I handed it off to the only other member myself and then changed servers, meaning we never kicked anyone, they just stopped subbing and I ended up leader.

Best to ask about that when joining a guild, also helps to not join a guild that just spams Fleet for new members. Talk to other players in guilds, learn about them, what they like to do, find one that fits you and go with it.

Soon™...the way I play, my guild is very likely to kick me out very soon.

In fact, when they switched servers this summer to run away from me, I didn't think they'd allow me back in...it's funny what a name change will do :D I tell bad jokes, I join PuG groups and sucker them into joining, I go left when I should go right, I PvP like a chicken with my head cut off...yeah...I'm expecting to be cut any day now...when I log in, the 1st thing I do is press F1 to make sure I haven't been kicked yet...I know it's coming...they probably just don't know how to do it yet :D

Oh it's coming! Guild meeting has been scheduled tonight in fact. Sad you won't be there!

You brought this on yourself, especially with that attitude last night!

P.S. I know how to g kick! :p

Oh it's coming! Guild meeting has been scheduled tonight in fact. Sad you won't be there!

You brought this on yourself, especially with that attitude last night!

P.S. I know how to g kick! :p

Good! Hopefully I can join a guild where they aren't as lucky with loot rolls as you were last night...I might end up with more than a stock belt...:p

RP guild so we're more focused on people being social than on numbers. And we like to keep our roster current with active members, but if someone gets removed for inactivity all they have to do is message us for a reinvite.

If they go missing during their 2 week trial period they're booted at the end of it.

Newer members get removed at 30 days inactivity with no notice.

Established members get removed at 60 days inactivity with no notice.

We have a forum so keeping in touch is super easy. If a member can't be bothered to say "hey I can't play right now", in game or out, in 30-60 days I just get the impression they don't care too much.

Me and a real life friend have 2 guilds, i own the Rep side he owns the Imp side. They are mainly to hold all our alts and use the storage. I invite people to them when they ask to join, but they only stay for a week or so and move on or they never log back on but are still there, doesnt matter to me either way, just keeps the Guild exp and rep % up lol.

I'm the GM of an Imp guild and we purge inactive toons at 90 days to keep us under the 500 toon cap. Anyone booted for inactivity is always welcome back, so it's never seemed to have caused drama. I get a whisper or two a month from people that were kicked for inactivity and as long as they're still listed on our website, we let them right back in without having to reapply.

Good! Hopefully I can join a guild where they aren't as lucky with loot rolls as you were last night...I might end up with more than a stock belt...:p

One 224 belt & a trash bracers was it; granted upgrade but nowhere near what I needed. lol (I needed those trash boots & pants as I'm wearing blues!! lol)

And this coming from the man who won the mainhand!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

G kick for sure for you!

The 500 character limit in any one guild creates tremendous pressure in a game where each player can potentially create and play upwards of 40+ characters. So each guild has to decide among themselves how best to manage and organize its members' characters.

We only just created our 8th guild to help accommodate our members' many characters, and we define each guild according to activity. That means our members house their characters according to what sort of gamplay that particular character is engaged in. PVE has different needs than Conquest, for instance. So we limit characters in various guilds and then purge as needed when we approach the 500 character max.

Honestly, it's painful to manage a large guild. It's all about communication, more than anything. Stay in touch with your guild's leaders and you're more likely to avoid being removed from the roster. Or just request an invite once you return to playing again.

My boyfriend and I run a small guild and we have a policy real life is more important than a game. He is in the air force (basic atm) so he can be gone for a while and then tech school.

We don't look for quantity. We tend to look at the quality of the person, and not that doesn't mean what they can do in ops, flashpoints, etc, it means the character of the person. The character of the person (behind the toon) is more important to us than all the ops and flashpoints they may have done.

We have only kicked one person and that was because of their behaviour not because of not playing but then again we don't just recruit anyone looking for a guild. We are very selective and sometimes a couple of our rules some people don't like.

Does this mean that you exemplify the worst parts of the Jedi order (rules, rules, rules)?

Edited by Xenharmonicthree

Does this mean that you exemplify the worst parts of the Jedi order (rules, rules, rules)?

Considering I am a member of that guild, I can tell you that it is the best guild I have ever been in. There is no arguing in guild chat and people talk respectfully to each other and we pick on each other. They expect respect and courtesy given to members and non-members alike which is not a problem for us to do.

We also don't have to worry about foul language in guild chat and if that is a problem for someone then this guild is not for you and that why they are very selective on who they recruit and who also gets access to the guild forum roleplay.

This guild is not meant for everyone and that is good as not every guild fits everyone so maybe you need to realize that before you start acting like a jerk.

Good day.