Warning/Question About Chapter 9 Romance

Johnkorriban

If the dev team run how they have in the past and we have no reason to think differently any relationship will have multiple opportunities to progress it and finish and should a second romance appear to have to pick one or the other at some point.

So I wouldn't worry about any choices made at this early stage.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the dev team run how they have in the past and we have no reason to think differently any relationship will have multiple opportunities to progress it and finish and should a second romance appear to have to pick one or the other at some point.

So I wouldn't worry about any choices made at this early stage.

But I've not seen a "Are you ready to lock-in your romance" pop-up before either :p

Very Minor Spoilers ahead regarding Chapter 9/Romance

During Chapter 9, when relaxing in the Cantina, there is a point during the party after talking to Theron Shan at the bar, with the choices:

1. "I wish to speak to one of you"

2. [Flirt] "I wish to speak to one of you"

First time around on my main character I just assumed that was flirting toward Theron, when my goal was lana so just picked the first option which then allows you to pick a crew member to go have a private conversation with, so then I went and spoke to Lana Beniko in private, which leads to no flirt options.

While playing my 2nd character through Chapter 9 today I realise that option 2 doesn't give you a choice who to speak to, takes you directly to your romance interest/who you've flirted with, leads onto the same conversation with Lana (or whoever you've been flirting with) which then leads onto further flirt options within the private conversation, which "locks in" your relationship with Lana Beniko officially.

So my question is on my main toon have i now missed the opportunity to Romance Lana Beniko for good? Now that I have missed that trigger will another one present itself in future or is there a way i can go back and rectify this? I sure as hell don't wanna be missing out on the Lana romance on my Main Character

I wanted some answer for myself if anyone knows, and to warn others who did not know.

Wow your reading comprehension must be dirt poor. It says "2. [Flirt] "I wish to speak to one of you".

ONE OF YOU

As in, NOT SPECIFICALLY THERON.

Please go back to elementary school, but not the one you went to before, because they clearly didn't teach you any English.

Sorry for being catty, I just don't understand how you could make this mistake. I'm sorry it happened to you, as I would place bets your chance to romance Lana is probably in the wind now.

Edited by Eleonora

Wow your reading comprehension must be dirt poor. It says "2. [Flirt] "I wish to speak to one of you".

ONE OF YOU

Please go back to elementary school, but not the one you went to before, because they clearly didn't teach you any English.

Sorry for being catty, I just don't understand how you could make this mistake. I'm sorry it happened to you, as I would place bets your chance to romance Lana is probably in the wind now.

If I am looking at a person in s group and say "I need to talk to one of you in private" in a flirtatious manner most people would think it was directed at the person you are LOOKING at (including the person you were looking at). For example if I am speaking to my mother, father, wife, and sister. I am not going to look deeply in my father's eyes and use my flirty tone and say "I need to talk to one of you in private"...

I didn't get the lock in (didn't even know about it until this thread) even though my main kissed Lana in SoR and KotFE. I really hope there is another option for the lock in. I really liked the Jedi/Sith dynamic and don't really feel like this conversation was clear as being a major plot point.

If I am looking at a person in s group and say "I need to talk to one of you in private" in a flirtatious manner most people would think it was directed at the person you are LOOKING at (including the person you were looking at). For example if I am speaking to my mother, father, wife, and sister. I am not going to look deeply in my father's eyes and use my flirty tone and say "I need to talk to one of you in private"...

I didn't get the lock in (didn't even know about it until this thread) even though my main kissed Lana in SoR and KotFE. I really hope there is another option for the lock in. I really liked the Jedi/Sith dynamic and don't really feel like this conversation was clear as being a major plot point.

This. I never claimed for a second this was BioWares fault, I merely put out a warning for others, seems I do not seem to be the only one who thinks staring into Therons eyes with a Flirt option of "I need to speak to one of you" may mean that "one" could be the person you're staring intently at, at the time. So Eleonora and Dijin, how about you guys go and learn to read instead of throwing *****ly troll comments at others cause your reading comprehension is obviously in a far worse state than mine, so that elementary school is more suited to your needs, and go **** with a cactus yourself while you're there.

Edited by Johnkorriban

No need for this thread to be hostile. I really appreciate the OP posting this and at least when I take my other 7 characters through this section I will not make the same 'mistake' again.

I really would like to keep attention on this so others don't make the same mistake and maybe just maybe BW gets word of this and adds a future lock in point as well...

You're overthinking it. [Flirt] means [Romance Option], it doesn't necessarily mean actual flirting, and you should have understood this basic concept by now.

Edited by Eleonora

You're overthinking it. [Flirt] means [Romance Option], it doesn't necessarily mean actual flirting, and you should have understood this basic concept by now.

That does not appear to be the problem.

The problem appears to be that he started out talking to one NPC, and had the [FLIRT] option pop up that actually applied to a different NPC.

I have a problem that is along this same line of discussion. (posting here as I can't seem to find a thread discussing this issue - started one in Lore) I intended to to start a romance with

same-sex Theron

. I got the pop up dialogue and confirmed. The companion won't accept courting gifts.

Anyone else having an issue with courting gifts after starting a romance at this point?

To those claiming that people who made this mistake have poor reading comprehension: Perhaps it isn't that our reading comprehension is worse than yours, but that we read and interpret (or place ourselves in position to misinterpret) social cues more readily than you do?

The dynamics of the conversation and character actions make it certainly possible that someone could think they were being prompted to flirt with Theron as we see from this thread.

Edited by Svarthrafn

I fell victim to this as well. When it asked me if to (flirt: i need to speak to one of you), since the camera was on Theron i assumed it was directed at him. I opened an in game ticket hoping to get this undone for my main. :( Edited by farfignugen

ONE OF YOU

This. So much this.

Throughout KotFE you get to flirt/romance all three of these characters. You have a scene with all 3 and people just 'assume' that because they camera stops on the last one of them to speak that 'one of you' automatically applies to that particular individual.

If they'd exercised basic linguistic understanding, they'd know that 'one of you' does not mean 'theron.'

A CS response on this would be nice as I as well did not pick the flirt option there as I assumed it was for Theron. Previously I have only flirted with Lana and did have the kiss scene after duel in chapter 8. I just chose to speak with Lana. No pop up window. Does this mean my main is now locked out of romance with Lana? Please tell me this isn't so.

same here, did not choose that flirt option for the same reasons, assumed it was talking about Theron. yes, it does say "one of you" but as your character is specifically looking at and talking with Theron at that point, it is easy to assume that your character specifically meant theron with that flirt option.

Kind of annoyed because flirted with Lana in EVERY other occasion and really want my sith assassin to romance her.

Hope that either there is another point where you can romance her, or that it is somehow reset to be able to romance her.

A CS response on this would be nice as I as well did not pick the flirt option there as I assumed it was for Theron. Previously I have only flirted with Lana and did have the kiss scene after duel in chapter 8. I just chose to speak with Lana. No pop up window. Does this mean my main is now locked out of romance with Lana? Please tell me this isn't so.

You shouldn't have assumed 'one of you' meant 'theron' considering you were talking to 3 different romance options.

^Nope, Cloud. That's not it. My femBH only romanced Lana the entire game.

[...] chose flirt when prompted by Theron. The subsequent convo options were then choosing between Lana or Theron. The private convo with Lana provided the pop-up warning about locked in romance with Lana.

Hmm nope, you must've flirted with Theron at least once during Forged Alliances, SOR, Rise of the Emperor or KOTFE. I never flirted with Lana and only flirted with Theron and the game didn't give me a choice during the cantina scene who to talk to after "[Flirt] I need to speak to one of you" option, my characters automatically asked for Theron.

Edited by Pietrastor

Choices that matter! As advertised.

In all seriousness though I am 99% sure you'll get your chance to romance them again. On most of my characters I've not so much as given one flirt option to Lana or Theron, but every conversation after that....

Flirt options. It's like the sunrise, you can pretty much assume it's happening again tomorrow.

In fact on my Sith Warrior after we deal with Revan I told Theron I hated his stupid face and he needed to leave my sight immediately (paraphrasing). Next time I see him on Ziost he's all "Hey man, I missed you".

Then on Zoist I turned his Jedi friend over to Lana for some seriously sick brain surgery. He got all huffy and I thought I'd never see him again.

Then on Odessen I see him and he says ... "hey... I missed you friend"

And sure enough there were flirt options.

So the one thing I think it's safe to assume is that Theron and Lana are just a door waiting to be opened. 24/7/365.

This. So much this.

Throughout KotFE you get to flirt/romance all three of these characters. You have a scene with all 3 and people just 'assume' that because they camera stops on the last one of them to speak that 'one of you' automatically applies to that particular individual.

If they'd exercised basic linguistic understanding, they'd know that 'one of you' does not mean 'theron.'

Actually if you make Koth mad it says specifically flirt with either lana or Theran, it doesn't say "flirt" one of you.

Did I choose the right romance dialogue with Lana? Shoot...I don't remember! I just don't remember which one I selected during that scene...

Is the correct "lock-in romance" scene the one where Lana and your character are alone in a room by themselves? It's kinda vague, because I honestly don't remember this anymore...played launch day, and too busy to get back into the game since that night.