The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cancelled Sub

Dreadcraft

I stay so I can talk to people like you. Thats why I pvp.

So you stay, yet start a thread talking about how things are so bad that they forced you to cancel your sub.

Thanks for clarifying that you didn't actually cancel your subscription.

Ps, nobody likes a liar. Welcome back.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you stay, yet start a thread talking about how things are so bad that they forced you to cancel your sub.

Thanks for clarifying that you didn't actually cancel your subscription.

Ps, nobody likes a liar. Welcome back.

I'm not a liar, im a jerk. I got 4 days to torment you till my sub is gone.

Edited by Dreadcraft

I gave Bio the following reason that they wont read:

KotFE.

1. Lost my companions.

2. Cant customize companion gear.

3. game play severely dumbed down.

4. Game no longer challenging in any way to play.

5. No more goals or work to get best and unique gear for me and companions.

6. Cant put gear on new companions. (I worked and spent cartel coins to get gear for companions to wear)

7. game is appropriate for little children, no longer an adult game.

Why do so many MMO companies ruin their games?

ok, let the fanboys troll now :)

Your choice. Have fun but I disagree its not an adult game. But best wishes where ever you go.

Paying real money for companion gear from store and not being able to use them anymore, I think that's a good reason to be upset right? I would be....

Thought comps could still be geared but it had no effect on stats? And I would be upset as well but I never spent real money on cosmetic stuff

Thought comps could still be geared but it had no effect on stats? And I would be upset as well but I never spent real money on cosmetic stuff

That's what they said, I could swear that we were told that their gear would be only cosmetic (losing the stats was fine with me). But they don't even have any slot anymore.

well i just love the comp stuff...

just when they give you legacy devoted comp sets next game update they take that away making all thoses sets you spent weekly after weekly doing on yarvin 4 so all your pets were basically fully geared wasted...

though i do love how your main character can now were the devoted sets so all my 23 toons who i havent been bothered to gear after returning to that game in july have 192 sets from lvl 55 to wear... :D

What i have a problem with is this

1. Devs who think they know better then the player.

2. Severre control issues such as this companion mess they created

3.Dumbing the game down to the point that forrest gump could play this and say its to dumbdowned

4. Making rep/imp into one faction almost (this didnt work for rift)

The story was awesome ill give them that but this companion scew up really blew it for me. I will NEVER buy a companion or be enticed by a new companion after this. They just absolutely ruined companions. So your not the only one i think i might hang up my coat here soon im not terribly thrilled with how this turned out.

9. Takes no effort to level.

I did maybe 6 missions and leveled from 56 to 61. I turned off 12x to avoid doing stuff like that and at this point I will be 65 before I even leave of Rishi.

They have been pushing that level sync gives us more options for exp, what for when we have no use for it?

level sync had nothing to do with the players its sole purpose was to make credit farmers life a hell since there to lazy to tackle it head on. Now we have to pay the price for devs lazyness. Nothing like bieng 65 and aggroing crap eh /smh

9. Takes no effort to level.

I did maybe 6 missions and leveled from 56 to 61. I turned off 12x to avoid doing stuff like that and at this point I will be 65 before I even leave of Rishi.

They have been pushing that level sync gives us more options for exp, what for when we have no use for it?

I gave Bio the following reason that they wont read:

KotFE.

1. Lost my companions.

2. Cant customize companion gear.

3. game play severely dumbed down.

4. Game no longer challenging in any way to play.

5. No more goals or work to get best and unique gear for me and companions.

6. Cant put gear on new companions. (I worked and spent cartel coins to get gear for companions to wear)

7. game is appropriate for little children, no longer an adult game.

Why do so many MMO companies ruin their games?

ok, let the fanboys troll now :)

Why did you feel compelled to broadcast your decision on a forum thread? Was it motivated by some knee-jerk compulsion to express your anger and rage? Is this new expansion truly that upsetting to you? Did this game manage to stick such a poisonous dagger into your heart and soul that there is just no going back? EVER?!

I don't have the emotional capacity to take such drastic measures like you have. I am currently getting a lot of enjoyment in what they did with this new story line. Outside of GSF, RP and doing casual Ops with friends this is the most fun I've ever had playing SWTOR. Even if your reasons are valid in quitting this game, the impression I'm getting from you is someone having a temper tantrum. Sorry you won't be around for 4.0. Maybe you'll come back for 5.0.

That's what they said, I could swear that we were told that their gear would be only cosmetic (losing the stats was fine with me). But they don't even have any slot anymore.

Yes they do. Companion that you could change appearances equipping gear before can still wear gear for appearance changes.

Companions that can't don't.

You are confusing the TEMPORARY story companions from KofFE with your old companions, that you get back as you go through KotFE and can equip them again (stats being irrelevant).

Edited by Deyjarl

What i have a problem with is this

1. Devs who think they know better then the player.

2. Severre control issues such as this companion mess they created

3.Dumbing the game down to the point that forrest gump could play this and say its to dumbdowned

4. Making rep/imp into one faction almost (this didnt work for rift)

The story was awesome ill give them that but this companion scew up really blew it for me. I will NEVER buy a companion or be enticed by a new companion after this. They just absolutely ruined companions. So your not the only one i think i might hang up my coat here soon im not terribly thrilled with how this turned out.

Umm 1-unless you have a background in programming or a degree in it I would think the devs do.

2-what companion mess? please explain?

3-like it wasnt that way before 4.0...there is honestly not 1 MMO I can think of off the top of my head that is hard anymore. (and you can blame that on the player base that you think is smarter then the devs)

4-all the chapters are not out yet

Even if your reasons are valid in quitting this game, the impression I'm getting from you is someone having a temper tantrum.

Maybe you're totally right. I don't know the OP. But I can see some reason to those type of posts.

Personally, whenever there's an "I'm quitting" thread, I actually see more of a Jerry Maguire effect. You know, the "I quit, please quit too." type deal.

If the OP (or similar post) can get even ONE person that's on the fence to quit, that's (ROUGHLY) 15$ a month / 180$ a year, x the lifespan of this game... per person (ROUGHLY!)

Extra points if it's 2... 3... or a lot more that quit. Obviously, works only on those on the fence. Those certain they are staying... will stay. Those certain they are quitting... will quit.

Downsides to posting? I can't see any...The OP can't be banned (s/he quit), can't be sued, can't have anything done to him/her... yet might cost the company some money with no retribution. Not much, but it's some.

And, if it doesn't work... sure, they get mocked for a game they won't ever return to (presumably) and all they wasted was 10 minutes of their life (max) before moving on.

Childish / temper tantrum / whatever... you might be right, Sorrai. But if it works... does it matter? You get worse IRL if you shoplift $15 of stuff from a store (assuming "I quit" posts are against TOS...)

"I quit" posts seem win/win to me... if you're there for stirring up... stuff...

EDIT = Oh, and I'm an emotion > logic type person... so the above is likely WAY OFF on the logic scale. I personally do things because : "Blue, mostly"... props if you get the reference without Google... hehe...

Edited by DalrisThane

Yes they do. Companion that you could change appearances equipping gear before can still wear gear for appearance changes.

You are confusing the TEMPORARY story companions from KofFE with your old companions, that you get back as you go through KotFE and can equip them again (stats being irrelevant).

I wouldn't be able to tell. Smugglers don't get to find any of their old companions. You can recruit over 2 dozens of companions, but they even didn't try to balance things out between classes.

Edited by demotivator

yes unfortunately the story could do with more darker tones and texture to it, just a little bland at times... I think the Teen rating is definitely a hindrance. Combat agree there, it is nothing but a face roll and dropping companions really doesn't make it "tactically" harder just annoying. Now in saying all that there are still things that I enjoy. But combat difficulty is laughably easy. Companion looks need to be back in player hands not the cartels (at a guess) Edited by Wompoo

Why did you feel compelled to broadcast your decision on a forum thread? Was it motivated by some knee-jerk compulsion to express your anger and rage? Is this new expansion truly that upsetting to you? Did this game manage to stick such a poisonous dagger into your heart and soul that there is just no going back? EVER?!

I don't have the emotional capacity to take such drastic measures like you have. I am currently getting a lot of enjoyment in what they did with this new story line. Outside of GSF, RP and doing casual Ops with friends this is the most fun I've ever had playing SWTOR. Even if your reasons are valid in quitting this game, the impression I'm getting from you is someone having a temper tantrum. Sorry you won't be around for 4.0. Maybe you'll come back for 5.0.

I didn't feel compelled. My desire is that the community will let BIO / EA aware of just how strongly people feel about the changes, that they will back out the companion changes and increase the difficulty level. I am not a knee jerk person but I am upset about the changes. I thought about and listed my issues. I made sure my emotions were secondary to the list of the issues.

I made my comments about the game play, not attacking any individual. You have not defended the game play, but have attacked me personally. Why resort to the methodology of the person who lost the argument and make a personal attack? Did I make you angry and you had a knee jerk reaction? Try to think about what I said and reply to my issues, if you want to win the argument. Although I think that you probably agree with them, you just hate that I voiced my opinion on them.

I finished KotFE in its current state. I have not received back a single old companion. How did you get back your old companions? Or did you just post without finishing? Also I really want to be able to customize the new companions also. Why is this a problem?

Personally, I think calling this an expansion is kind of an insult. It was 9 chapters that took all of about 5 hours to play, with breaks and trolling the forums during the whole thing in between. Before I blinked, I was getting a "to be continued" message. My health never dropped below 95% in any fight and I am not in "elite" raid gear either. It was all Rishi 190 and a couple of 192 pieces. So I definitely wasn't overly geared for the game.

That said, there is still end game which, with the right group, is really fun..... to me. That is still worth my money for however long till I get bored or until I earn enough comms to get the highest tiered gear and have nothing left to shoot for. Or until something better comes out, which it doesn't seem like that will happen.

My hope is that this was to wrap up a story line and they will get back to the fundamentals of what made the game.

I think every game should take a page out of LOTRO's book. Every expansion gave you an entirely new game. Moria was the best expansion I had ever seen. Hours and hours of questing and raids. This just pushed me through 9 chapters on rails with no side questing at all.

Oh well. We can hope and pray they will smarten up. The game is too good for them to allow it to sink into mediocrity.

Edited by chemithir