Cancelled Sub

Dreadcraft

You know, people like you amaze me

Absolutely amaze me

Its like no matter how hard you try you can not get your mind around the concept of a cut off date

Who is making assumptions?

Even posting their name, I did not once explicitly say they didn't cancel, only pointing out they are still posting. I completely understand some sub may still have time on them.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once you find out that the MMO's out there you look to replace this one with suck even worse than you think SWTOR does (and you're wrong), you'll end up coming back on your own.

Who says the players leaving will go to another MMO? That's a little bit presumptuous isn't it? I've gone off to Diablo 3, while waiting for the next instalment of StarCraft 2 to be released. Having a hell of a lot more fun than KotFE provided me with.

As for still being able to post, if someone has paid for something that includes a service such as the forums, they're perfectly entitled to still use it. If you don't like it, don't read it or post in the topic. Pretty straight forward.

Who says the players leaving will go to another MMO? That's a little bit presumptuous isn't it? I've gone off to Diablo 3, while waiting for the next instalment of StarCraft 2 to be released. Having a hell of a lot more fun than KotFE provided me with.

As for still being able to post, if someone has paid for something that includes a service such as the forums, they're perfectly entitled to still use it. If you don't like it, don't read it or post in the topic. Pretty straight forward.

They have every right to post, but all this stupid crap is is begging for attention. It's stupid. I'm frankly sick of the cry baby divas begging for so damn much attention. I'm sorry their boyfriends/girlfriends/wives/husbands/parents/dogs don't care about them. Actually, I'm not sorry, I could care less. But this is annoying when we could be talking about things in game that matter.

They have every right to post, but all this stupid crap is is begging for attention. It's stupid. I'm frankly sick of the cry baby divas begging for so damn much attention. I'm sorry their boyfriends/girlfriends/wives/husbands/parents/dogs don't care about them. Actually, I'm not sorry, I could care less. But this is annoying when we could be talking about things in game that matter.

Then quit reading the forums and complaining about what anyone chooses to post. They subscribed, they play, they can post. If you don't like it feel free to ignore it or don't. No one cares what you are tired of as much as you don't care what they complain about.

Then quit reading the forums and complaining about what anyone chooses to post. They subscribed, they play, they can post. If you don't like it feel free to ignore it or don't. No one cares what you are tired of as much as you don't care what they complain about.

Nicely put. No one forces anyone to read a thread or players response.

7. game is appropriate for little children, no longer an adult game.

Given the amount of (implied) sex in the game, I'd say that while it isn't an adult game in the way that, say, Venus Rising is supposed to be, it isn't appropriate for small children either. In some cases, the level of "implied" is very, very thin indeed.

Heck, the female IA can't even get off her starter planet without a chance at it.

I am with you. I cancelled as well. The game play is just too easy now. No fun in a push button game that takes no skill to play.

I will say I found the Star Fortresss H2 to be almost perfect tuning for what single player normal mode should be

so I been running the h2 Star Fortress missions solo for gaming enjoyment

but yes, rest of game is mindlessly easy

but lets be honest

This game was ultra easy and well past point to mindlessly idiotic in challenge from day 1

Hell there was a signifigant portion of the closed beta demanding it be tougher (and closed beta was harder then retail version turned out to be)

SW:TOR, outside of Ops and Hardmode Flashpoints has never had a difficulty rating higher then obnoxiously easy content

Its just not a difficult or challenging game

Is why I still take breaks to play Civ games, return to Rift every once in while (also easy but much harder when compared to SW:TOR).

Difficulty and challenge has never truly been a selling point of SW:TOR

I gave Bio the following reason that they wont read:

KotFE.

1. Lost my companions.

2. Cant customize companion gear.

3. game play severely dumbed down.

4. Game no longer challenging in any way to play.

5. No more goals or work to get best and unique gear for me and companions.

6. Cant put gear on new companions. (I worked and spent cartel coins to get gear for companions to wear)

Why do so many MMO companies ruin their games?

ok, let the fanboys troll now :)

1. You were told you would before launching kotfe, and you can get them back (now, only for combat and similar, and later they'll apper in the story.)

2. You can with the old ones, im not too sure about the new companions tho. Just know it's not possible with Lana or Marr. (Probably because they may or may not be around for long based on your/their choices - no spoilers.

3&4. Actually agree with you. And this is one of the reasons I always preffered to play my mara over the super OP sorc. Still; you can make it a challange for yourself by not being a healer, not giving companions healing roles, attacking 2 groups at once and so on.

5. I'm actually quite happy about that. Buying companion mods was sort of a waste of time and coms and the reason why I'd usually just change them for one of them then stick with that same comp for a very long period of time.

6. Point 2?

7. Not as long as the general chat is around.

...is it just me or are people being way too negative?

I had my own concerns about kotfe (the classic conversation part more then anything), but it actually turned out to be not that bad. Sure, i'd still preffer if my character was fully voiced the whole time like i'm used to, but i'm not going to rage quit over something like that. The Kotfe story is still really awesone imo and im pleased with most of the patch changes.

Oh, but see, I'm a subscriber, so I get every right to read and post on the forums. That's your own logic.

2. You can with the old ones, im not too sure about the new companions tho. Just know it's not possible with Lana or Marr. (Probably because they may or may not be around for long based on your/their choices - no spoilers.

6. Point 2?

NONE of the new companions can be customized. the argument that they may leave is pointless since there is already a safeguard in place to return gear to us... as they did with original companions.

and even then - are you talking becasue you haven't actualy finished playing through the story? or are you just assuming? I would wager - its first.

the whole "your choices matter" deal? severe disappointment. I don't know if its because they didn't want to make people mad or whatnot, or just over exaggeration, but... even that choice that they profiled so much in previews? ended up meaningless, as the consequence of that choice is exactly the same regardless of what you chose to do. for all the complaining people did about original stories and having no meaningful choices. we got even fewer of them in this expac. expac ADVERTISED as having meaningful choices.

are people being too negative? no. for each person there is their own threshold of what they like or dislike.

incidentally. some of the classic companions? are mechanically unavailable even now that terminal to get them back was patched. in theory, that should mean that they will be recruit able in the next chapter... except that chapter is not coming out for a few more months. so much for being able to get them back right away...

NONE of the new companions can be customized. the argument that they may leave is pointless since there is already a safeguard in place to return gear to us... as they did with original companions.

and even then - are you talking becasue you haven't actualy finished playing through the story? or are you just assuming? I would wager - its first.

the whole "your choices matter" deal? severe disappointment. I don't know if its because they didn't want to make people mad or whatnot, or just over exaggeration, but... even that choice that they profiled so much in previews? ended up meaningless, as the consequence of that choice is exactly the same regardless of what you chose to do. for all the complaining people did about original stories and having no meaningful choices. we got even fewer of them in this expac. expac ADVERTISED as having meaningful choices.

are people being too negative? no. for each person there is their own threshold of what they like or dislike.

incidentally. some of the classic companions? are mechanically unavailable even now that terminal to get them back was patched. in theory, that should mean that they will be recruit able in the next chapter... except that chapter is not coming out for a few more months. so much for being able to get them back right away...

I played trough the 9 chapters I just said I'm not sure about some of the companion customazation because I didnt check that.

Things you did were mentioned and people are reacting appropriatly based on your choices and interactions with them. Koth left the cantina in anger telling me to 'leave him out of it', after i said i wanted to talk to one of them.

As for the bigger decisions; RPGs are pretty much all designed to make you feel like you're in control rather then actually giving you a lot of different results. Though, I think we will see more actual consequiences later on in thr dlc - my thoughts.

You knew your crew would change once you launched the dlc.

Edited by JessieLoverRxE

This is what always gets me going.

I won't comment on the points listed as some of them are just your personal view - which is totally ok. But it is awfully convenient to be negatively critical and disregard any possible comment that argues with what *you believe* beforehand by saying "let the fanboys troll". Some people even make fair points that just make your opinions (presented as facts) look..um..made up.

So, are they trolls? I don't think so. On the other hand, there are so many trolls on these forums that I can see where you're coming from.

No hard feelings, enjoy your time off SWTOR.

I played trough the 9 chapters I just said I'm not sure about some of the companion customazation because I didnt check that.

Things you did were mentioned and people are reacting appropriatly based on your choices and interactions with them. Koth left the cantina in anger telling me to 'leave him out of it', after i said i wanted to talk to one of them.

As for the bigger decisions; RPGs are pretty much all designed to make you feel like you're in control rather then actually giving you a lot of different results. Though, I think we will see more actual consequiences later on in thr dlc - my thoughts.

You knew your crew would change once you launched the dlc.

remember that dude that if you kill, his partner comes after you? well, if you keep him alive, he STILL comes after you.

Koth may storm out and you lock out his romance? but he doesn't actualy leave you - he remains a companion

you shouldn't talk about companion customization until you check and make sure.

honestly? given how little changes in the first 9 chapters? I'm not expecting much at all

and I also knew that once I was done with the first 9 chapters? I was going to get all of my classic companions back. not via story. not usable IN a story. but MECHANICALLY available to use in older content (like planetary H2 weeklies, crafting etc) apparently I have to caplock, bolds AND underline that word, for it to be noticed.

and yet... here we are... with companions missing.

oh and speaking of classic companions and consequences.

that thing about companions knowing that you "cheated" just as I expected: a single flirt = cheat, apparently. even if you flirt then ultimately refuse? apparently - cheated, broken up forever. and that knowledge extends to "gasp" letters. not even a cutscene, not even a holo recording >_>

generally I'm fairly easy to please. except for when you promise the sky and deliver a... blurry photograph of one.

rpg's are designed to make me feel like I'm in control? well... in this case, KOTFE accomplished the exact opposite. personal stories? as railroaded as they were - STILL managed that illusion, with few exceptions. KOTFE? I may have as well been playing through action adventure story with zero choices. which I enjoy just fine as long as it doesn't promise to be something else.

I just mentioned you can still customize old companions because this person mentioned it's unavailabe two times. The first time it seemed like he/she was speaking in general so I just pointed out you can still do it with the old ones while also saying Im not sure about all of the new ones. I wasn't claiming to know you can or can't so i'm really not sure why you're making a deal out of this.

Koth (and probably the rest of the allegiance) doesn't stay because he's your friend and loves hanging out with you or whatever, he's here because of Arcann. And I dont know how cheating works or whatever since it's not what I went for. But since your old companions aren't back in the story yet, it's still possible it can be mentioned in dialoge later on. (But yeah, don't care either way because my char wasn't cheating.)

...I actually did feel like I was in control. At that time when the formal emperor (for example)

tells you Lana will die unless you accept his power for a moment, i felt like she really would if I refused, and wouldn't even know that's not true if I didnt watch someone elses playtrough later on. [

I am hoping for more consequences later tho.

But anyway, I still enjoyed the new story quite a bit. Sorry you're so dissapoined with it, but this sorta feels like an argument that isn't really going anywhere.

Edited by JessieLoverRxE

You like the guy that watches Twilight movies and then complains for years about the twilight movies being so terrible.

Rather then just walking away from the first one and moving on.

Fair enough re: board posts.

Movie wise, lets say, some of us are unlucky enough to have people drag us, kicking and screaming, to see stuff we don't want... in my case, a wife and daughter making me see Twilight. And Divergent. And Hunger Games...

Again, I agree with your main point, but I suspect most Twilight (or other franchise) haters are being "dragged" there by friends and family.

Me being me, though, I'm still pondering what my wife and daughter will see in return... Something mindless and bloody for sure... heh...

Edited by DalrisThane

Fair enough re: board posts.

Movie wise, lets say, some of us are unlucky enough to have people drag us, kicking and screaming, to see stuff we don't want... in my case, a wife and daughter making me see Twilight. And Divergent. And Hunger Games...

Again, I agree with your main point, but I suspect most Twilight (or other franchise) haters are being "dragged" there by friends and family.

Me being me, though, I'm still pondering what my wife and daughter will see in return... Something mindless and bloody for sure... heh...

never did understand it, why people do this to each other - drag the person they love to a movie, activity or whatever that they blatantly do NOT enjoy. but then again... I think nothing of going to see a movie on my own either. SO and I usually just pick out a movie that we both think we'd like - that way we do something together, without forcing each other to endure, basically. kinda ruins the fun of doing things together.

but to get back on topic.. more or less.

for me this whole thing is kinda like... when I went to see Starship Troopers in a movie theater. I'm a fan Heinlein and loved the book when I read it. trailers looked... not what I would have imagined for that book to look like, but... its not like trailers haven't misrepresented movies before. I wanted to give it a chance, basically.

it had little in common with the book other then war against aliens and character names. and even though I went in, expecting that it will not be a completely faithful adaptation - I still couldn't have expected... that. that kind of disappointment it hard to keep to yourself. (luckily I didn't make the same mistake with World War Z - waited to see that one on Netflix.. and thank the maker I did)

and the thing is all of the above movies? once you ignore that they are supposed to be book adaptations and concider them as a stand alone stories.. they are still not great, but they actualy become enjoyable to watch.

its kinda similar with KOTFE. as a standalone? its not bad. but when you consider promises, advertisements, etc as well as the original 8 class stories?

what was that saying? its all relative. so there you have it.

Edited by Jeweledleah

• 4 months later...
I gave Bio the following reason that they wont read:

KotFE.

1. Lost my companions.

2. Cant customize companion gear.

3. game play severely dumbed down.

4. Game no longer challenging in any way to play.

5. No more goals or work to get best and unique gear for me and companions.

6. Cant put gear on new companions. (I worked and spent cartel coins to get gear for companions to wear)

Why do so many MMO companies ruin their games?

I agree with everything you said, I too have just cancelled my sub. It just stopped being fun.