Unable to spec Utility Points

DarkSaberMaster

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fired up my new 60, as a Juggernaught. Having issues when changing utility points, it seems anything beyond the first tier will not commit. Keep clicking commit, and nothing. Interestingly it seems to be affected by spec. As Vengeance, I could get some, not all utilities to work beyond 1st tier. As Rage, nothing beyond 1st will commit.

I have a similar problem on ALL my toons. Either they get a new level with a new utility point or I use field respec, it doesn't let me to commit changes. If I have not spent utility points and open proficiences tab, it doesn't let me to close the tab or quit the game or anything. So I have to use alt+F4, re-open the game and play without utilities. I can't even check what changed when I gain a new level - the tab once opened just won't close.

P.S. Sorry for my poor English, I hope I described everything just fine...

Edited by chesnokova

Through trial and error i managed to get all skill points assigned, BUT not to the utilities that i wanted. Some utilities simply will not allow the screen to be committed. Warmonger was one, the new one allowing Blade Frenzy to break roots was another. Anyway, this isnt a big deal on the toon im currently enjoying the story with, but when I want to start PVPing, which will be soon, then its gonna be an issue. Needs a fix asap.

I made the mistake of resetting my points when reaching 65, and now I can't commit them. I guess I'll have to experiment with combos of points until it commits...or just suffer without them, which is frankly a buncha BS.

EDIT: Log out and back into the game....try to commit the points again, and now it works. I guess logging in and out seems to be the best workaround for half of these issues at this point.

Edited by Bachannal

Temporary Solution:

You do not have to log out.

Just zone in and out (prevents from leaving a flashpoint team).

Or move to Your stronghold or ship and return.

But anyway, this needs a serious and fast fix.

I'm playing Operative and I actively play all three disciplines,

and I switch between them a lot.

It's brutally annoying to zone out every time.

That and Classic Conversations (i don't want to play bloody kotor)

are My only negatives on KotFE so far.

Edited by Reginleifr

Hey hey!

Re-logging does appear to resolve the issue, and it's a solid workaround while we investigate.

Thanks!

On a side note, even without relog, i can apply almost all utility points except the last one (4/5 for example). It is very weird.

Hey hey!

Re-logging does appear to resolve the issue, and it's a solid workaround while we investigate.

Thanks!

Reported this on Tuesday night. I was in a group of 4 players, on the fleet, we were all waiting in the GSF queue. I decided to re-allocate my utility points. The very first time I logged in on tuesday, after the points had been reset as always occurs after large updates that touch utilities, i could spend all five in one shot. This time, I was unable to click commit. I tried changing my discipline, which did not solve the problem. However, I was able to assign one point, click commit, assign the next point, click commit, and so forth until all five had been assigned. I did not zone or travel anywhere in that interim.

So, perhaps committing one point at a time is a better workaround to re-logging.

Just to confirm that is happening for me on my Scoundrel and Sentinel. When I respec I can't commit the changes and therefore can't select any utilities. Logging out and back in fixes it and so does travelling to my stronghold and back.