Unable to spec Utility Points

DarkSaberMaster

Hey hey!

Re-logging does appear to resolve the issue, and it's a solid workaround while we investigate.

Thanks!

I can maybe help you out with that, having tested it several times:

When inside an instanced flashpoint or operation, confirming set skill points doesn't work.

After porting to any stronghold of mine, it does work.

Relog isn't necessary, just porting out of the flashpoint/operation to a fortress does the trick.

Apparently FP/OPs currently are a bit buggy in that regard.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it bugged for me too, but this is not worst thing.... worst is that if u change spec u loosing some skills and u have to visit trainer, for ex on jugg if u swap form tanking to dps vengeance u loose Sundering Assault and when u back to tanking is no Smash. This is very anoing.... Edited by Lord-HawkEye

Committing utility points doesn't work if you are in an instanced area (Story, Personal ship/Guildship, flashpoint/OP) and your stuck with unassigned UP's until you leave to an non-instanced area like the fleet although personal strongholds allow changes, which defeats the purpose of the field respec function.

I am currently on Kofte: Chapter 1 after the Darth Maul cutscene and i respecced using field respec. As mentioned above I cannot commit my points. I saw this post (http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic/Cannot-commit-utilities/m-p/4891225/highlight/true#M3048) and decided to post here as I have the same issue.

Edited by Daynja

I can not commit changes of my utility skills after reseting them.

EDIT - This appears to only be affecting select utitlies. So I can commit if I avoid those skills. Sadly those are the ones I desire and typically use.

Edited by Jnaathra

Exactly the same happens to me, on all my toons. When I reset my utilities, some abilities become untrained, so the game sends me to the trainer (like, I had to train Lightning Charge on my lev 65 sin, although I play all three specs and I used to respec quite often pre 4.0). Relogging works, but it makes no sense, because you can't relog while doing an operation, or a flashpoint. For me, this is a game-breaking bug, and a huge disappointment, BECAUSE I PAYED CREDITS TO BE ABLE TO RESPEC WHENEVER I BLOODY LIKE. Edited by EldinHajj

I can maybe help you out with that, having tested it several times:

When inside an instanced flashpoint or operation, confirming set skill points doesn't work.

After porting to any stronghold of mine, it does work.

Relog isn't necessary, just porting out of the flashpoint/operation to a fortress does the trick.

Apparently FP/OPs currently are a bit buggy in that regard.

Also happens when you're just standing around the fleet trying different utility options in between pvp pops. It's not just fp/ops, it's someone who broke something that was working prior to patch.

Same issue is being seen all across the board, it would appear. Has there been any word from the devs on a fix for this? I just recently came back to swtor and after a nightmare time with the installer / patcher, kinda upset to see these kind of uber annoying bugs are going unfixed for days / weeks. Hopefully they can get this stuff worked out.

World: The Ebon Hawk

Class: Jedi Consular

Advanced Class: Jedi Sage

Level: 65

Name: Wïççëcræft

Summary: After depressing the button labelled "Abandon", I am unable to reapply any of my utility points once a new Discipline has been selected. I can only add the utility points one by one (in some cases) but the problem usually occurs if I try to select the utility entitled "Blockout" - [Passive - Activating Cloud Mind grants Blockout, which increases damage reduction by 25% for 6 seconds.]. Selecting the aforementioned utility prevents me from being able to commit my other points regardless of which Discipline I have elected to use. Please look into this as soon as you can. Thanks.

Zoning out is not a solution, because you end up without one skill, unless you find a trainer. No, you have to go to the fleet, interact with the trainer. Every. Single. Time. This is a game-breaker. I have been subscribed constantly for a long time now, and I play every day. Also, I pug a lot, so field respec is essential to me.

My wife started playing Skyforge, and it looks like I will join her, just because this bug spoils the game for me to the point of me avoiding my favorite toons. What bothers me even further is that devs refuse to address this issue, like it's going to disappear by itself. Such a shame.

Hey hey!

Re-logging does appear to resolve the issue, and it's a solid workaround while we investigate.

Thanks!

logging out while in GF doesnt work well at all, unless you want GF lockout...

and also changing instances also works to commit changes... i.e just heading to a stronghold then back to where you were is the easiest and fastest way around this

World: The Progenitor (spelled?)

Class: Bounty Hunter

Advanced Class: Mercenary

Name: Jetkhal

This also happens to two of my abilities: Power Barrier (Skillful) and Energy Rebounder (Heroic).

When either of these are chosen, I am unable to commit my skill points. Ctrl+U x2 and relog doesn't help.

World: The Ebon Hawk

Class: Jedi Consular

Advanced Class: Jedi Sage

Name: Wïççëcræft

Summary: After depressing the button labelled "Abandon", I am unable to reapply any of my utility points once a new Discipline has been selected. I can only add the utility points one by one (in some cases) but the problem usually occurs if I try to select the utility entitled "Blockout" - [Passive - Activating Cloud Mind grants Blockout, which increases damage reduction by 25% for 6 seconds.]. Selecting the aforementioned utility prevents me from being able to commit my other points regardless of which Discipline I have elected to use. Please look into this as soon as you can. Thanks.

This issue still happens f.x. you try to respec in Guild Ship, Operations and Flash points, you need to use Emergency fleet pass to go to fleet or exit operation.

This is a current known bug, and we have been advised to use the "temp fix" of zoning out (yes, from anywhere even fleet) then zoning back in to where you where. This can be achieved by going to your stronghold/Guild stronghold then teleporting back to the instance/previous location. Needless to say, it's pretty much halted any respec's in runs that I have been in.