Questions for second cantina tonight in Cologne

KyaniteD

Quite a number of people are unhappy with the results of the Q&A last night. If you have any specific questions that interest you, maybe you can post them here and someone who will attend tonight may pick it up and try to get an answer?

It's pretty clear right now that they are dodging questions regarding specifics of KotFE, people tried to ask and were warned that those questions wouldn't be answered, so no one wanted to waste their mic time on a prepared marketing reply they knew would be coming.

Question-Any chance y'all have considered adding controller/joystick support to GSF?

Question-When will we hear about leveling after the 12XP event ends. Will the streamlined leveling experience still allow subs to lvl with class missions only, or is it back to "I realize you're the emperor's wrath....but I need you to kill these 20 rats"?

Quite a number of people are unhappy with the results of the Q&A last night. If you have any specific questions that interest you, maybe you can post them here and someone who will attend tonight may pick it up and try to get an answer?

It's pretty clear right now that they are dodging questions regarding specifics of KotFE, people tried to ask and were warned that those questions wouldn't be answered, so no one wanted to waste their mic time on a prepared marketing reply they knew would be coming.

devs dont' want to give out spoilers and specifics too far in advance of an expansion...news at 5, 6 and 11.

Question-When will we hear about leveling after the 12XP event ends. Will the streamlined leveling experience still allow subs to lvl with class missions only, or is it back to "I realize you're the emperor's wrath....but I need you to kill these 20 rats"?

That question was already answered. It will be streamlined to make it possible to focus on character story and level with class missions only. (Not clear if it will remain a subscriber only feature.) The overall XP boost will be more like 8x XP compared to regular XP gain, planet quests and side quests will remain available but are intended as purely optional. Mission rewards from the quick path will account for the changes to keep you geared appropriately.

Afaik, it was not answered whether the increased XP gain will remain optional, i.e. if there will be an opt-out like there is now.

Forgot to ask yesterday: if gathering nodes are adaptive will we still be able to farm low level mats?

I doubt they'll answer that, since they mentioned going into the topic of crafting in a future Blog post.

However, "adaptive" could simply mean that all harvesting nodes are going to give Jawa Scrap, which can then be exchanged for whatever materials you need.

Edit:

On second thought, that would be a rather boring way of colleting mats. We'll know more in two months.

Edited by Shoraan

I doubt they'll answer that, since they mentioned going into the topic of crafting in a future Blog post.

However, "adaptive" could simply mean that all harvesting nodes are going to give Jawa Scrap, which can then be exchanged for whatever materials you need.

Edit:

On second thought, that would be a rather boring way of colleting mats. We'll know more in two months.

Would be a good solution, though. Or they'll make every item cost level appropriate mats.

I read that AlrikFassbauer got a answer yesterday that our quests will vanish when we start the expansion. Will this be valid for the macrobinoculars and the seeker droid aswell since we need to have those quests to keep the items we use?

We have asked for a legacy ability for the macrobinoculars and the seeker droid when we complete the long questchain, is it possible to have that instead of the quest items?

Providing quote here:

- most importantly : If you arrive in the new expansion, there will be a double warning that you cannot go back and finish any of your quests which are still open ! Especially class quests .
Edited by Icestar

devs dont' want to give out spoilers and specifics too far in advance of an expansion...news at 5, 6 and 11.

It is understandable that they would not reveal story content, but new crafting systems, which companions we might lose, changes to combat abilities, and other such things should be shared early on so that we can learn about them in order to allow us to start planning for the expansion.

For example, why would I bother getting my companions affection up to 10,000 on toons that I am currently leveling if I am just going to lose them once the expansion hits. It would be a waist of my time and effort. On the other hand, if I am going to keep them, then I would want to spend the time to max out their affection so that I could make the best use of them going forward.

The problem is that BioWare is keeping too much information like this a secret, and the result is that I am unable to properly prepare for what is to come, and so I am disappointed with their lack of communication.

It is understandable that they would not reveal story content, but new crafting systems, which companions we might lose, changes to combat abilities, and other such things should be shared early on so that we can learn about them in order to allow us to start planning for the expansion.

For example, why would I bother getting my companions affection up to 10,000 on toons that I am currently leveling if I am just going to lose them once the expansion hits. It would be a waist of my time and effort. On the other hand, if I am going to keep them, then I would want to spend the time to max out their affection so that I could make the best use of them going forward.

The problem is that BioWare is keeping too much information like this a secret, and the result is that I am unable to properly prepare for what is to come, and so I am disappointed with their lack of communication.

as far as companion, it take little effort to get to 10k affection, and unless using it for crafting is probably unnecessary anyway. if you want to have a romance option, do so, otherwise don't.

play your char as you want, don't worry about what "might" happen in the future. Additionally, there is still 2 months away from release, and 2 months of gameplay to get char to max level. IF worried that much that everything done now is a "waste of time" delete the char now, play only max levels, and use your free instant level 60 and be done with it.

if you enjoy leveling and enjoy the game, play it for what it is. if something changes in the future, you wont be out anything since you've enjoyed the game time you've already spent.

What will be the difficulty of story modes after Bioware scales up operatons? It would be better to set them casual-friendly rather than make them as hard as Dread Fortress and Dread Palace were originally. I remember that on the Progenitor pugs couldn't finish either of these operations. Sometimes DF was done by luck but Dread Council was out of reach.

What will be the difficulty of story modes after Bioware scales up operatons? It would be better to set them casual-friendly rather than make them as hard as Dread Fortress and Dread Palace were originally. I remember that on the Progenitor pugs couldn't finish either of these operations. Sometimes DF was done by luck but Dread Council was out of reach.

Council was hard, but it was the last boss after weekly. Even with wipe and group disbanding, people were still getting comms, loot & Weekly for first 4 bosses. Very different to Underlurker mess which is #3 boss in Operation. And there are only 2 level-cap operations in this cycle compared to Palace having TFB, S&V & Fortress

You have admitted that Melee Classes are under performing in OP. So why haven't you done anything to fix this?

Its not rocket science any time you make the ground around the boss an aoe damage you cost melee dps time on target. Yet nearly all bosses employ this mechanic in some manner or other. And not just the new bosses, even as one example take almost at random NIM DF Grob’Thok a giant rancor who wields a pipe must be melee friendly wrong anytime the magnet comes near him (such as to stop pipe smash) you can't get close or you auto die. Any smart team puts the larva near the boss so the adds can be grouped with him and benefit from aoe damage which means mdps can't get close.

The examples are pretty much every boss that having a 30 meter range is a damn site better than having a 4 meter range. So why is nothing being done to bring mdps dps up to compensate for the time off target?

Council was hard, but it was the last boss after weekly. Even with wipe and group disbanding, people were still getting comms, loot & Weekly for first 4 bosses. Very different to Underlurker mess which is #3 boss in Operation. And there are only 2 level-cap operations in this cycle compared to Palace having TFB, S&V & Fortress

Yeah, but getting to the weekly boss was also very challenging. Groups often fell apart on Calphayus or Raptus :p

I believe all ops content is going to 65 and I hope they up the challenge level of SM, including GF, which has become a joke these last months with people doing speed runs that ignore all mechanics and don't teach people how to play well. HM and Nim 65 and the corresponding rewards should be limited primarily to good players who can pug together or progression teams

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.