Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

PvP Power Leveling Bug? Rumor?

Later

Hello all,

The Live Services and development teams are aware of the reports on this issue, and we're investigating. We'll take appropriate action against any players who are found to be exploiting the game in any way.

Thanks for your patience while we look into the issue.

Really, how are you going to punish players for queuing for Warzones? Ban everyone who plays them? Remove XP from everyone who plays PvP? Very large scale issues usually can't be reversed.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then what do you think Stephen meant by "appropriate action"?

What did he mean by "Grace Period"?

Saying anything to make people who didn't get in the first day feel better?

What happens if they do nothing? Right a few QQ'ers who didn't get in on tuesday will whine for a couple of days and cheer when they get invited in.

What happens if they start banning thousands of people? They lose a huge amount of money from people cancelling pre-orders.

My question is how are people exploiting if they are just Qing for a warzone? If they don't want people using the system they implemented they should have fixed it in beta. There were many posts complaining that exp from PVP was still way to high in general and when the games ended early.

If they fix this as a bug then the people that benefited from it should all be rolled back the amount of experience they received beyond biowares ideal...but banned or punished in other ways would be dumb.

Edited by Aaoogaa

1. WAR scenarios don't launch very often if there's not enough players (does happen, but you couldn't exploit it as it would take so long).

2. WAR scenarios that shut down within 2 mins (as rare as they are) don't award much exp (or renown).

This couldn't happen in WAR, so I don't see how they let it happen in SWTOR.

When SC first were around we "ghost q" all the time...they put the quitter buff on because of so many people going AFK/leaving SC. Same type of idea.

I don't know why people get so worried about other people doing something which doesnt actually hurt them. I wont exploit its not the way I do things also I want to appreciate everything the game has to offer, but if someone else is exploiting so long as its not in actual PVP combat it in no way affects me. Bioware will no doubt do something about this guessing they will delete chars that have used this exploit or remove the xp they gained via this exploit and whilst I agree with bioware for doing something like this, I wont lose sleep over something that doesnt directly concern me.

I guess it might upset people on PVP servers more but there will always be someone higher than you looking to gank you. If you cant handle that or dont want to handle that dont roll on a pvp server.

It makes the entire 'competition' of getting a high level fast and having end-game fun fast completely screwed over, makes the dinging lvl 50 completely useless, makes the achievement feeling you get after dinging more of a dissappointment compared to an unexploited game.

This was the same tactic used in WAR SC's....

now that is really sad.

I don't think there will be any consequences though. People still haven't paid for the game so Bioware will let it slip I guess...

the servers for the chosen few might have been running smoothly today but I don't feel like this day was really a good start...

My question is how are people exploiting if they are just Qing for a warzone? If they don't want people using the system they implemented they should have fixed it in beta. There were many posts complaining that exp from PVP was still way to high in general and when the games ended early.

Read most of my posts threw out these pages you will understand.

I don't know why people get so worried about other people doing something which doesnt actually hurt them. I wont exploit its not the way I do things also I want to appreciate everything the game has to offer, but if someone else is exploiting so long as its not in actual PVP combat it in no way affects me. Bioware will no doubt do something about this guessing they will delete chars that have used this exploit or remove the xp they gained via this exploit and whilst I agree with bioware for doing something like this, I wont lose sleep over something that doesnt directly concern me.

I guess it might upset people on PVP servers more but there will always be someone higher than you looking to gank you. If you cant handle that or dont want to handle that dont roll on a pvp server.

Players are scared of being Camped on the PvP servers. Though you don't actually play on any Planets open to that sort of thing until you're about halfway to 50.

What did he mean by "Grace Period"?

Saying anything to make people who didn't get in the first day feel better?

What happens if they do nothing? Right a few QQ'ers who didn't get in on tuesday will whine for a couple of days and cheer when they get invited in.

What happens if they start banning thousands of people? They lose a huge amount of money from people cancelling pre-orders.

So you think he'll do nothing. You could have just said so.

The real gain are battlebags these exploiters are raking in. They need to have their characters rolled back to lose everything or ban. Ban will not happen prob but at least the characters rolled back.

I say ban them or rollback with suspension. DB logs and reports will show the people really exploiting it hardcore.

logs will show the abusers and the accidentals who joined a warzones with the exploiters.

I have no remorse for the people if they get banned.

Shoot I wait till the 20th when they register the code and than lay the ban hammer on them the 21st.

Edited by Bravotwentynine

wow..so many people in this thread are wrong. Believe me, tracking down exploiting of this issue is leaps and bounds easier then you think, you must think programming and database logs are magical rainbow devices.

A DOA bug? not likely what just happened in wow again? O right, EXPLOITING a flaw in the LFR system allowing multiple loot farming. Hmm wow what happened? O right massive bannings to big and small guilds.

If you think this won't be addressed you are a few synapse short of your state of evolution.

they were banned for a few days. also, the exploit required to be in raid therefore everyone involved knew it was wrong.Not the case in random bg.

Hello all,

The Live Services and development teams are aware of the reports on this issue, and we're investigating. We'll take appropriate action against any players who are found to be exploiting the game in any way.

Rollback or Ban, that is the question.

People take advantage of things like this because, you can always replay the game for its content. But to have one of the highest level characters on a server you can make tons of cash/items quickly that will be used for later play characters and to just overall be the best. I for one don't give a **** about the content, it's just a new game to bide my time until something better comes out.

Make it so the match lasts the full 30 mins regardless of players. I know dumb right? The guys that stick around and try to PVP get the reward at the end of the match while quitters get nothing. I like your idea of penalizing quitters with longer wait times.

Or the team that is under maned just afk's in the safe zone.

It could and did happen. Not as much during launch but it happened a lot more as the server pop was dying.

Either way, the reason why it wasn't as prevalent was due to the differences in Launch tactics and the ability to enter those Warzones/Scenarios from Lvl 1.

You get very little exp or renown in WAR for a shut down sc.

As little as >1000 exp or >100 renown, with a bit of AAO that's 4-5 SC instead of 1 ORvR solo kill.

Emblems you maybe could farm a bit like this (although you'd get no medallions), but in all honesty you'd likely get more Emblems with a pre-made just by fighting.

Hello all,

Sweet. To be honest, it's not something that really bothers me, but that's a personal matter. A lot of people are upset about it, and then there are the people who have been using the exploit and using the "defense": it's not an exploit, it's just a flawed game mechanic!

Well, bud, that's actually exactly what an exploit is: when you knowingly and willingly exploit a mechanic that you know isn't supposed to be there. Here, we're talking about power leveling through pseudo-PvP, but plenty of WoW players have been banned for less.

You get very little exp or renown in WAR for a shut down sc.

As little as >1000 exp or >100 renown, with a bit of AAO that's 4-5 SC instead of 1 ORvR solo kill.

Emblems you maybe could farm a bit like this (although you'd get no medallions), but in all honesty you'd likely get more Emblems with a pre-made just by fighting.

For small groups it was more effecient than ORvR because you could control it. ORvR amounted to Zerging and eventually just Keep Trading.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.