Daily and Weekly rewards nerf

Monterone

Hey all, the direct answer to this concern is that we want to change the behavior of why players play Ranked. We want to get away from the idea that Ranked is a path to quicker/better stats/gear and rather it is solely about competition between characters that are at the end of their PvP progression. That is why we removed Ranked Comms, changed the Dark Reaver gear to cost Warzone Comms and changed the Daily and Weekly quests to grant Warzone Comms. We understand that players were using these Ranked quests to gear up (that is what they were intended for) and that changing them takes out that Comm income. However, we feel that with the very large price reduction of the PvP gear and removing the need of the 1:1 ratio conversion of Ranked to Warzone Comms the path to gearing up in PvP is in a much better place. Please provide feedback on this change but I want to make it clear that there is no hidden agenda from us on these changes. Thank you.

We need those commendations to keep buying Medpacs & Adrenals which are required to compete. As for gear, I get it shouldn't be the *quicker* path to gear, but having it be no path whatsoever to gearing alt specs & classes (and future gear with the new commendation cap) is a huge deterrent from queuing.

Edited by MrRuck

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Its not a nerf.
  • They are not spinning things.
  • Nothing about this update was dishonest.

It definitely is a nerf

They are spinning things by presenting it as a buff

I will agree it was not really dishonest

If you are going to call out changes to the daily and weekly missions, you should probably mention you are removing half of the commendations while increasing the other portion. Obviously the patch notes specifically state ranked warzone comms were removed from the game, so it isn't like they're lying. I'm sure everyone will be fine with the changes as gearing still won't take long, but agree that a better explanation as to what was changing with the daily/weekly meetings rather than just stating they "increased" the comms from X to Y when they also removed Z.

We need those commendations to keep buying Medpacs & Adrenals which are required to compete. As for gear, I get it shouldn't be the *quicker* path to gear, but having it be no path whatsoever to gearing alt specs & classes (and future gear with the new commendation cap) is a huge deterrent from queuing.

That yellow sums up my feelings as well. Have it be AS rewarding, not MORE rewarding. Comms absolutely MUST be added back in, ranked is hurting enough.

I am not a fan of ranked arenas but I would even agree that players doing those should at least get enough comms to keep up on medpacks and adrenals. Thought you wanted to encourage participation? Not that this would discourage it, but it certainly doesn't help

Hey all, the direct answer to this concern is that we want to change the behavior of why players play Ranked. We want to get away from the idea that Ranked is a path to quicker/better stats/gear and rather it is solely about competition between characters that are at the end of their PvP progression.

This is music to my ears. Good on ya Alex!

I personally think that it is preferable to give the player the choice of mode they prefer. If people want to go ahead and mainly do ranked because they prefer arenas to 8s they should be able to progress their character and continue receiving comms for their time. It all depends when you want people to start doing ranked. It used to be the case that optimized regular WZ gear with full augments was the generally agreed requirement. With the no-reward currently in place, the gate will likely move up to full optimized 174. Also, some players like to be able to feed comms with their main to alts. If they mostly want to do ranked it makes it so that they are forced in content they would enjoy less.

I would be fine with a reduced amount of comms to account for the fact that a full arena match is typically shorter in duration than a regular warzone match.

Exhumed armor Item costs 1000 currency prior to change

Daily Reward gives 200 currency prior to change

Exhumed armor Item costs 325 currency after change

Daily Reward gives 150 currency after change

Prior to the change the reward bought .20 of an item; after the change reward buys .46 of same item. Where is the nerf?

I was just about to bust out my calculator to figure this out. Exactly this.

We should not be forced to play stupid regs nonstop to provide comms for consumables and alts, though. The change is not thought-through.

this post isn't thought through.

Buy consumables with credits or farm them on alts. There is really no need to save every single comm anymore while leveling so spending more on consumables with alts is easier.

Or just play 3 WZ's and win. You'll get ~420 comms as rewards plus another 300 from the 2 dailies. that's enough to buy ~35 of each consumable per day plus the ones you get from the quests (what would that be like 10 or so?).

Now before you tell me you don't want to do regs at all or why should you have to spend credits, realize you aren't being forced to do anything. You have two options and you don't want to do either. That being said I feel it's pretty likely BW will introduce a way for you to get them via ranked.

If that fails you can always buy them on the CM ;-)

Hey all, the direct answer to this concern is that we want to change the behavior of why players play Ranked. We want to get away from the idea that Ranked is a path to quicker/better stats/gear and rather it is solely about competition between characters that are at the end of their PvP progression. That is why we removed Ranked Comms, changed the Dark Reaver gear to cost Warzone Comms and changed the Daily and Weekly quests to grant Warzone Comms. We understand that players were using these Ranked quests to gear up (that is what they were intended for) and that changing them takes out that Comm income. However, we feel that with the very large price reduction of the PvP gear and removing the need of the 1:1 ratio conversion of Ranked to Warzone Comms the path to gearing up in PvP is in a much better place. Please provide feedback on this change but I want to make it clear that there is no hidden agenda from us on these changes. Thank you.
Why not change the whole scope about ranked PVP so that it's solely about player skill and not about gear? Normalize everyone's stats and skillsets and have some real competition!

Thanks for your response Alex.

I can honestly say I wasn't expecting it, so expecting no response of any kind I tend to get a bit more aggressive in my posts -- I apologize.

Ok, it's very true that gear is much cheaper now, but gear is not the only thing you can buy with comms. There are still consumables and of course the various decorations, which still remain at 2000-2500 comms, correct? These are a comms sink, you shouldn't be afraid that people will have too many comms, there's always stuff to buy and stock up on.

Another reason I see this as an issue is that it just seems like the reward is not proportional to the effort and time that goes into a weekly, for example. Yes, sometimes you get all wins and you're done in no time, but more often than not, if solo queuing, a weekly can be a painful experience on some servers. 400 comms seems insignificant compared to how many games are played to get there.

The daily is less of a big deal, the weekly is something you work for and want to finish. Now, the way the weekly is, I really won't care if I finish it in time before maintenance on Tue mornings. It was always a rush to complete it on a few different characters in the last couple of days before maintenance for that little bit of extra rewards. Now, it won't matter, the reward is equal to winning a couple of regs, something that could potentially be achieved in 30 minutes of work -- hardly something worth rushing for, especially on multiple toons. You see the issue here, you took all value out of the quest, it was something we wanted to get done, and now it's kind of -- I'll do it if I have the time thing. :(

Anyways, you did many, many things right with this patch, please don't let my vitriol dissuade you. Thank you for listening on many things, it's refreshing. Listening to feedback on legacy lockboxes and implementing 1000, 500 and 100 is much appreciated as well.

Edited by Monterone

400 comms seems insignificant compared to how many games are played to get there.

Although, with the new cost reductions, you can get a new main set piece of exhumed gear with 400 comms (considering main set pieces are now 325, instead of 1000). Prior to this patch, the 600 (300wzc + 300rwzc) you'd get from the weekly would still be 400 comms off getting a new exhumed set piece.

Edited by TheJollyRogers

A lot of ranked PvPers dislike doing regular warzones because after 4 years of doing them, they kind of just get boring... I was hoping to gear my alts and get my off set all through doing ranked PvP.. I already have my s6 T1 reward so now any s6 tokens that I get are totally useless from what I understand.. Can we trade them in for atleast a 1:1 ratio for warzone comms please?

Why not change the whole scope about ranked PVP so that it's solely about player skill and not about gear? Normalize everyone's stats and skillsets and have some real competition!

The amusing part is where you think gear matters. Hint it doesn't. The difference in performance from exhumed to DR is minor, and with the new changes getting full DR is stupid easy anyways.

The amusing part is where you think gear matters. Hint it doesn't. The difference in performance from exhumed to DR is minor, and with the new changes getting full DR is stupid easy anyways.

As somebody who just yesterday got a full DR set for the first time ever, I would agree with this. I haven't noticed much difference. I actually noticed more of a difference in going from stock exhumed to min/max exhumed. My DR is not stat optimized, and it actually seems a little worse in some ways than my former optimized exhumed.

As somebody who just yesterday got a full DR set for the first time ever, I would agree with this. I haven't noticed much difference. I actually noticed more of a difference in going from stock exhumed to min/max exhumed. My DR is not stat optimized, and it actually seems a little worse in some ways than my former optimized exhumed.

Never switch to stock DR. Always take the armoring/barrel/hilt and only take the mod/enhancement if they are optimal. Better to have your min/max Exhumed and plug in the upgraded DR pieces as you get the right ones.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.