nerf underlurker in story mode already

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realize you are asking them to do 3.5-4k dps when they are having trouble doing Underlurker sm right ? xD

By that same logic two dps on this video do 8k+ dps (16k+ combined).

Edited by Halinalle

In my experience PuG groups have no difficulty clearing it as it's usually other raiders who comprise it. Where I see the most failure is when some other guilds are looking for an extra DPS or something and require TS and Starparse is where I usually see the wipes. I'm sorry most people are fine it's the guilds that are full of bads that can't clear story mode Lurker. Edited by FerkWork

I would expect, after the large nerf to the Sword squadron in both HM and SM, that similar thing would be applied to the Underlurker. For all those adamant about story mode nerf's being rediculous, serveral other SM encounter have already been nerfed much harder, (Bulo, Torque 16M, Sword Squadron (SM and HM.) The only very small change on Underlurker was ~10% add hit point reduction.

Where is all the jerk elitist out rage over large nerf to Sword Squadron, even in HM. You would have thought many of the posters here would have cancelled their sub to protest HM mode nerf's. I have not seen a single protest thread in these forums about the SM and HM, nerfs to sword squadron. So stuff it the Hypocrisy is glaring. It is only a mater of time for the Underlurker!

The top raiding guild in the gem, zorz, quit because stuff was too easy in hardmode

The top raiding guild in the gem, zorz, quit because stuff was too easy in hardmode

Lol ......

They quitted because there has been no news of a potential NiM operation. I don't think anyone would say that these hardmodes were too easy.Its more that there is not really a carrot anymore after you cleared everything in game.

About getting nims.

EC got nimmed up after 217 days

TfB got nimmed up after 259 days

SaV got nimmed up after 64 days

DF got nimmed up after 188 days

DP got nimmer up after 251 days

Taking these days on average than there should be a new nim coming around the end of june. Since there has been no indication of such I guess we won't see them yet.

If bioware takes 250 days for it than we should see NiM coming around early august.

Underlurker SM is not the problem. Its the population that we currently have in the game. When we do it in guild group with people that know what to do and are basically good players its easy on any alts. But with pug groups its a different story... I was in groups where dps was so awful that two adds were alive for ragestorm or healing was insufficient and so on. Also you can get too melee heavy pug group which is recipe for failure with not so good pug healers. Edited by Arunas

Lol ......

They quitted because there has been no news of a potential NiM operation. I don't think anyone would say that these hardmodes were too easy.Its more that there is not really a carrot anymore after you cleared everything in game.

About getting nims.

EC got nimmed up after 217 days

TfB got nimmed up after 259 days

SaV got nimmed up after 64 days

DF got nimmed up after 188 days

DP got nimmer up after 251 days

Taking these days on average than there should be a new nim coming around the end of june. Since there has been no indication of such I guess we won't see them yet.

If bioware takes 250 days for it than we should see NiM coming around early august.

they mad cause mono mainhand. you get a silver reward for something very hard and a few months later you'll be able to get a diamond reward for something easy.

my love for bioware has been set aflame once more, 420/10 nerd disrespect.

They quitted because there has been no news of a potential NiM operation.

I don't care about them. They don't tackle my own goals.

Why in the world should I be interested in who deflorates content first ?

I just don't care - all I care for is when I will do it - in MY playing time.

They can sell what they want - they might make others jealous with that, but since I won't ever get this stuff, I'm just not interested in it. So I disconnect from any progression guild.

What is important to ME is not what OTHERS did - it's what I am doing.

And of course this thread "my personal progression has been pulled into oblivion and been replaced by more epeen-driven progression threads here ... No wonder at all. Because if people were more like me, progression guilds would lose their "reputation" because no-one would care about it - and that must not be, I guess.

Underlurker SM is not the problem. Its the population that we currently have in the game. When we do it in guild group with people that know what to do and are basically good players its easy on any alts. But with pug groups its a different story... I was in groups where dps was so awful that two adds were alive for ragestorm or healing was insufficient and so on. Also you can get too melee heavy pug group which is recipe for failure with not so good pug healers.

Agree. Other night we had a healer who couldn't understand which arm of cross to go to, or to hide behind rocks. Wiped 3 times, replaced him with new healer and on-shot boss, with no cross misses. This boss is very finely tuned.

Having said that though, people should not be rage quitting after 1 wipe. Everyone has to learn sometime.

Agree. Other night we had a healer who couldn't understand which arm of cross to go to, or to hide behind rocks. Wiped 3 times, replaced him with new healer and on-shot boss, with no cross misses. This boss is very finely tuned.

Having said that though, people should not be rage quitting after 1 wipe. Everyone has to learn sometime.

But but but bu-t-t how else are people going to take out aggression because they take the game way to seriously.

Edited by FerkWork

Before the adds were nerfed the boss was definitely overtuned. Now it's not. Now you do simply have to know left and right and you can do it. If you can't do it there are some seriously bad players in your group. I was massively pro nerf before the first nerf and almost left my guild over it, but now I have been in PUGs that 1-shot it, killed it on a DPS Sin and Operative, which I couldn't do before and killed it in groups with all melee DPS. It doesn't *need* another nerf.

That being said, every boss in Ravagers and the other 4 bosses in ToS can all still be done with 1 or 2 seriously bad players in the group if the rest of the group is good. So maybe it should be nerfed.

My suggestion would be to put some of that green and blue algae stuff from the cave all over one of the boss arms, then people can clearly see which arm is which and you can tell them "your on the green arm" or "your on the normal arm". Making the rocks drop in the same place or at least same general area every time, and giving people a bit more time to get to the cross without using force speed would be good too.

Edited by DarthZaul

I know there are a lot of pro players who can kill him with eyes closed, so please go away.

It's a bane for pug groups and most of casual players who just want to complete weekly mission. I could only kill him with 1 of 10 groups on this week which was fully 192-198 geared. There is absolutely no reason for a 3rd boss to be much harder than all others including last boss from story mode. Maybe just let casuals to complete this operation without nightmares.

I'm a casual player yet even in bad group we clean it with 1-2 wipes most time in pugs we one shoot it my advice L2P its easy boss as it is at the moment this game become too easy any way

Getting back on topic, the fight has already been nerfed; which to no surprise hasn't helped to make it any easier for most groups that were struggling with it. I'd argue that to make it killable for these groups it would require a 30% nerf to both the HP of both the Lurker's and the adds, reduce damage from the boss and the adds, removing all cross / rage storm damage, and ensuring that eating a collapse rock would never drop someone below 50%. After this the community at large would refer to him as the Undernerfer and there would still be groups that can't clear it.

So let's take a good look at what's actually happening and why groups are failing at it.

Positioning on the cross. aka OMG lag is killing me! Firstly, if you're having fps issues, my advice is to stop running the game on a toaster. If you aren't, consider turning off/down some graphical settings; shadows/AA can offer a great trade-off between noticeable performance without killing the visual fidelity too much. If network latency is your issue, suck it up. Many APAC players are running between 250 to 300 ms and clearing content just fine. Random network spikes occur, but they're hardly as prevalent as being suggested, and most of the deaths to lag are people blaming something arbitrary for their own shortcomings.

Adds have too much HP. This is pretty much where the bulk of the issue lies. The issue isn't that people are having trouble hitting the 2.5k req (for 4 dps) it's that they're struggling to get close to 2k at all. And it can become very difficult to carry, especially with the increased damage going out when dps do fail. As JouerTue mentioned earlier in the thread.

the main issue is that this boss came after:

13 months df/dp faceroll carrying and GF

kuat

12x

TL;DR the skill of the broader playerbase has dropped so much, and I agree the prolonged and rampant facerolling of DF/DP sm in gear 4 tiers higher than what was required was a major contributor to this. Kuat also to some extent.

What are our options moving forward?

1. Upskill the masses in some kind of a massive game-wide L2P session

2. Live with it, and know that in future we can expect to see tactical operations and player skill decline even further.

3. Push BW for the addition of something resembling proving grounds.

4. Leave

Edited by Declan_Vee

I'd argue that to make it killable for these groups it would require a 30% nerf to both the HP of both the Lurker's and the adds, reduce damage from the boss and the adds, removing all cross / rage storm damage, and ensuring that eating a collapse rock would never drop someone below 50%. After this the community at large would refer to him as the Undernerfer and there would still be groups that can't clear it.

LOL, so true! :)

Proving ground is a great idea imho.

We seven manned it two days ago with me healing on my Sorc which is geared as a DPS (sweet Accuracy heals) and having never healed on it before because we needed another healer. Me healing is a scary thought. If I can heal it then your group has bigger issues. Edited by FerkWork

Positioning on the cross. aka OMG lag is killing me! Firstly, if you're having fps issues, my advice is to stop running the game on a toaster. If you aren't, consider turning off/down some graphical settings; shadows/AA can offer a great trade-off between noticeable performance without killing the visual fidelity too much. If network latency is your issue, suck it up. Many APAC players are running between 250 to 300 ms and clearing content just fine.

Just to back you up a little I am an APAC player (and primarily a healer) and in all honestly I've never had any real issues with this or other OP's in regards to real bad lag (this is in 8M and 16M), ok yeah a huge lag spike happens very rarely but hey that happens to everyone at one time or another.

The only problem that I have with this boss is the random, unpredictable FPS drop. It rarely happens nowadays, but when it does I'd be lucky to get 10 FPS. I get 60+ everywhere else (WZ, 16m+ ops, fleet) in ultra setting, just this boss. :confused: Nothing a PC restart wouldn't solve, but I wish I knew what is causing it.

Imo it's less of mechanic issue and more of player issue. In one of the runs last week, we had three mDPS who were new to the fight. We explained tactics, and only wiped once. The second pull, adds dying in time, everyone stacking behind the same rock for AOE heal, and crosses were all green. So, yeah, if a group where a third of the players are new to endgame ops (and 3/5 of the DPS is melee) can clear it, I don't think a nerf is necessary.