nerf underlurker in story mode already

Leave it be please I like it as is been playing since launch and I don't have any problems clearing with a good group just my two cents:) but it is sad when you see a guilds that cant kill ul sm most likely half there dps and heals all clickers and none using a mmo mouse which would deff help u a lot in that fight Edited by Skummy

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I canceled my sub, because instead of fixing terrible engine and adapting the game for community, they made colossal monolith unkillable for pugs by buffing its damage. I wonder how people suppose to kill him now in 16m, when most of players got 5 fps. One less unskilled noob player here, I hope you're happy. Edited by onegoldpls

I canceled my sub, because instead of fixing terrible engine and adapting the game for community, they made colossal monolith unkillable for pugs by buffing its damage. I wonder how people suppose to kill him now in 16m, when most of players got 5 fps. One less unskilled noob player here, I hope you're happy.

Rage quit FTW. I forgot we were playing Halo instead of Star Wars.

Hey, the Library in the original Halo on Legendary back in the day was a ***** to beat. :rak_03:

I quit that game because they didn't nerf the library enough actually. It was unfair to the community since nobody could beat it. So I threw the game off a roof, screamed at the top of my lungs, and quit.

I quit that game because they didn't nerf the library enough actually. It was unfair to the community since nobody could beat it. So I threw the game off a roof, screamed at the top of my lungs, and quit.

I thought most people quit because it's the same room everytime :)

Leave it be please I like it as is been playing since launch and I don't have any problems clearing with a good group just my two cents:) but it is sad when you see a guilds that cant kill ul sm most likely half there dps and heals all clickers and none using a mmo mouse which would deff help u a lot in that fight

I cleared NiM dreads bosses pre 3.0 as a clickers with a bad mouse (the 3 button kind that comes free when you buy a computer) - also bosses post 3.0, but finally started to keybind stuff cause started to PVP a bit more - that's not the point haha

Even though I don't have trouble beating the boss, I still thinks it can use a small nerf, since it's harder than HM Sparky. The goal of Story mode ops, in my opinion, is to give people the interest to run ops, and experience a good story. None of the people I have seen commenting "It's easy" are the target audience for SM. Many of the people I raid with (myself included) and know started to raid in pug groups that failed sometimes, but had success other times. Now, a pug TOS run (not a guild that pugs 1-3 people, like a real fleet pug) doesn't exist anymore, because people know it will means wipes on lurker and not clearing.

I used to form TfB and SnV SM runs (even KP and EV back before 2.0) from fleet back then with 2-3 friends and 4-5 pugs, and we would clear those ops from time to time, and then we got to know people and progress with the same people, then get in a guild together and doing harder content etc, etc. It saddens me to see that one boss gets in the way of new people getting to like ops and making the community better.

(Well that's the reality on BC server anyway)

I am actually not asking for a nerf for the Underlurker, I am asking for ways so that the Underlurker mechanics works or be a bit more forgiving since there are things in motion then pure skill. FPS, computersetup and Latency being three factors.

I agree 100%. Even turning off/lowest all graphics settings, I still don't always get to see [all] the rocks in time. I can *usually* get into my spot in the cross now (since I lowered my settings), but I hate having to do the jump and pray.

I don't want the boss/add HP lowered so that I can ignore the mechanics, I want the game to give me a decent chance to actually do them.

I canceled my sub, because instead of fixing terrible engine and adapting the game for community, they made colossal monolith unkillable for pugs by buffing its damage. I wonder how people suppose to kill him now in 16m, when most of players got 5 fps. One less unskilled noob player here, I hope you're happy.

get a guild and do 16m with 8m..

Have done it yesterday with 5 dps pulling 3500-4000 each and with 8k hps combined. Last tank managed to take down his last 40k hp, everyone was dead. Don't spread the false information that 4 dps with 2.5k is enough here. Mechanic is still retarded and probably the most retarded I have ever seen. they could make atleast some last phase for him, where he stops summoning adds and just spawns crosses more often. it would be fun, but not this retarded ********. Edited by onegoldpls

Have done it yesterday with 5 dps pulling 3500-4000 each and with 8k hps combined. Last tank managed to take down his last 40k hp, everyone was dead. Don't spread the false information that 4 dps with 2.5k is enough here. Mechanic is still retarded and probably the most retarded I have ever seen. they could make atleast some last phase for him, where he stops summoning adds and just spawns crosses more often. it would be fun, but not this retarded ********.

I highly doubt that this is true. With such high dps you would have killed it before the third wave of adds. So there's no way that your healers pulled 8k+ ehps or that it would've been neccesary.

Starparse screens, or it didn't happen.

Edit: Before the nerf to the adds health, adds had 100k hp, boss has 2.6m in 8m Story. There are 6 waves of adds before the enrage, meaning adds+boss are 4.4m damage to do. in 290secs. Meaning you need a group dps of ~15k to meet the enrage. What amounts to ~3k dps per DD if NOONE ELSE does any damage at all. Consider that a tank can easily pull 1k dps, that's 2.8k dps per DD if tank does 1k and heals deal no damage at all. Nowaydays adds have ~15-20k(don't know exactly) less hp.

So I call BS on your post.

Edited by Torvai

Have done it yesterday with 5 dps pulling 3500-4000 each and with 8k hps combined. Last tank managed to take down his last 40k hp, everyone was dead. Don't spread the false information that 4 dps with 2.5k is enough here.

Really? I wonder how I did imp alt run with bad geared dps and we did it with 2 tanks and boss died before enrage? The dps not in starparse is also under 4k for sure

Btw, you don't have to answer me (if i'm not ignored), I know its because you are s h i t . And your use of HPS continues to amuse me.

Noobs gonna noob

Edited by invertioN

Have done it yesterday with 5 dps pulling 3500-4000 each and with 8k hps combined. Last tank managed to take down his last 40k hp, everyone was dead. Don't spread the false information that 4 dps with 2.5k is enough here. Mechanic is still retarded and probably the most retarded I have ever seen. they could make atleast some last phase for him, where he stops summoning adds and just spawns crosses more often. it would be fun, but not this retarded ********.

according to dulfy, there is 4min 50s enrage timer, with boss hp (2.6M)and 12 adds (12x100k) to kill, you need overall 13k dps over the whole fight. Correct me if i am wrong but even with 2 tanks pulling 2k combined 4 dds need about 2.75k dps per each

Sorry, but I need to call BS on this one... Because I followed this thread with a mix of amusement and astonishment I decided to do a sm raid yesterday, I grabbed a fellow guildy of mine, we both wanted to test a new discipline/class in the operation... Opened up the group with "lfm 2 tanks, 2heals, 2 dps with sufficient equip, experience not necessary"... The group was pretty fast filled up, we got to UL and I don't know about the dps of the other two, but I managed 4k and my mate 3k... boss was down after 3:15, far away from enrage and we hit every single cross green although 2 pug-members were completely new to the whole operation.

In the end we were through with Temple and ravagers in 1h 20 minutes...

So in conclusion: Read guides or ask for a boss explanation, learn to play your char (doesn't matter whether you click or have keybindings) and follow the mechanics... The whole Storymode is a joke, but I see enough people with blue 178 gear, no augments, no relics and absolutely crazy stat-distribution who have problems with operations because they don't even do the minimum effort and I couldn't be surprised less by that...

If I recall correctly, one of the loading screens says something like "operations are meant for players who seek a more challenging experience" so I wouldn't like a nerf...

Sorry for the long post and bad english, also forgot to bring a Star-Wars-potato :(

Obvious troll is obvious. You are lying.

Still I give you a 2/10, because you made me reply.

Also they didn't nerf it the last patch, so are you quitting already?

Edited by TheDuge

need to hide behind the rocks even during burn phase guys

Lurker is already to easy and ppl need to lear to play... There whiners are the same who remain silent when asked for bomb duty or any other responsible task.

They do demand facerolls though. Sigh

There was probably some hidden nerf, cross hasn't one shotted now and i was able to heal almost entire boss fight with 4k hps,. Day ago 8.5hps wasn't enough. People just died constantly

There was probably some hidden nerf, cross hasn't one shotted now and i was able to heal almost entire boss fight with 4k hps,. Day ago 8.5hps wasn't enough. People just died constantly

I wonder if your group actually did the cross correctly and didn't stand ontop of the adds :rolleyes:

There shouldn't be a burn phase because if you got 5 dps who pulls 3.5k - 4k dps the boss will be down after 2mins.

You do realize you are asking them to do 3.5-4k dps when they are having trouble doing Underlurker sm right ? xD

If your going to spout numbers at least provide some proof.

Downed HM again yesterday pulling some janky DPS on my tank as the 5th DPS. Once I get back to my computer I will link the parses. But pretty sure I did under 3.0k.