nerf underlurker in story mode already

Best examples are blood hunt and sword squadron .. Ye ruined as in not challenging.. Boring..

So I'm gonna disagree with you on Blood Hunt. Furball needed the nerf bat. That was a totally out of balance fight. It's a flashpoint after all. If ever there was a place for the casual types that we're discussing passively here, it's in hardmode flashpoints. That fight was totally unreasonable. Now it's pretty on par for a hardmode flashpoint. It should be that I do increased healing across the instance. So Kraymala is probably my lowest demanding heal fight, J and V are eh (I think they decreased the damage out in this too much but whatever), and heaviest on Shae now which is what it should be. It's Shae Vizla after all she shouldn't be a total joke.

Sword Squad I do miss it's pre nerf form. I don't miss the screen engulfing smoke though, but it's a really boring fight I will agree there. I end up just pew pewing cause there's no damage really going out to anyone for me to heal which is fine. I'm sure for tanks that's a different story. I enjoy tanking that fight. I like the tank requirements in this one. It's fun. I'm not really that big into dpsing, but I enjoy it in that role as well. But, damage across the board got hit a little too hard here. There are certain fights where I expect damage cause it fits the fight's "profile" per say, and there are fights where I expect less damage and more mechanics driven moments. So for two walkers I expect them to be powerful, where as Operator IX I expect more mechanics since that's more of what the fight kind of conveys like oh yeah I'm overriding a computer which would entail me not to meathead pick things up and put them down. To have basically two tanks barely scratch you is a bit off to me, and I don't even really move out of red circles too much just so I can heal something ha. But, hey one of the most powerful force users is a total push over on story mode so yeah things are all weird in terms of what I would have ultimately expected.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As i said the fight is solohealable.

Your pug group was doing it wrong.

I cant save people lives from 100m falls, they die, So unfair!

He jumped from the bridge and died for no good reason like your 2 deeps

First of all there is no falls from 100m on this boss. Even without cross fail, there is bugged rage storm that will knock you back no matter what and huge aoe damage from ads. Maybe it's solo healable with people who got no latency and decent dps who use personal safe abilities and one shot ads almost instantly, but I'm talking about pug groups.

They will never fix latency problem on rage storm, so the only way to fix this boss is massive nerf.

I am utterly SICK of hearing or reading people say this boss has anything to do with "LTP" crap. Your childish ego really puts people off.

My main raid group only JUST finally downed UL in 8 man SM 2 weeks ago and had been doing it for months. Why? Because 2 of the raid members don't play often and are more casual. However, they know their class and what to do, that group has zero problems on all the other bosses in ToS and Rav: it is only UL that is the problem. I personally have beaten UL many times, but outside of that raid group. I know how to play my many classes, otherwise I wouldn't be able to. Most of us were doing DF/DP HM back when that was the thing to do so it has NOTHING to do with "LTP' horse crap. It is just UL that is the problem, period. I could set here for 30 min typing examples of things that go wrong in that fight, such as the rocks all falling clear across the room next to the adds when you in are burn phase, screwing up the entire burn phase. But, people like you can't see beyond your ego and childishness to understand that over half the people who play this game aren't lucky enough to be in an "elite" raid group who can one shot UL every week, so I won't waste my time. You aren't special, just rude and childish.

HM is where the "challenge" should be. Not SM where it is supposed to be GF friendly, but isn't because of UL. PERIOD.

Need to L2P. That is still true despite what you say. You will get the occasional wipe from red circles not showing up and a rock squashing people. You will get the occasional wipe from the cross bugging out if someone has an exceptional amount of lag. What you will not get is five-and-a-half months' worth of wipes from that. I simply do not believe that people who take five-and-a-half months to kill Underlurker SM were downing DF and DP HM at level regularly. Underlurker SM is difficult compared to the other SM bosses, but it is not that much more difficult.

I am utterly SICK of hearing or reading people say this boss has anything to do with "LTP" crap. Your childish ego really puts people off.

My main raid group only JUST finally downed UL in 8 man SM 2 weeks ago and had been doing it for months. Why? Because 2 of the raid members don't play often and are more casual. However, they know their class and what to do, that group has zero problems on all the other bosses in ToS and Rav: it is only UL that is the problem. I personally have beaten UL many times, but outside of that raid group. I know how to play my many classes, otherwise I wouldn't be able to. Most of us were doing DF/DP HM back when that was the thing to do so it has NOTHING to do with "LTP' horse crap. It is just UL that is the problem, period. I could set here for 30 min typing examples of things that go wrong in that fight, such as the rocks all falling clear across the room next to the adds when you in are burn phase, screwing up the entire burn phase. But, people like you can't see beyond your ego and childishness to understand that over half the people who play this game aren't lucky enough to be in an "elite" raid group who can one shot UL every week, so I won't waste my time. You aren't special, just rude and childish.

HM is where the "challenge" should be. Not SM where it is supposed to be GF friendly, but isn't because of UL. PERIOD.

Congrats on getting him down. You're group is more in the technical issues are frustrating you category, not the L2P category. In regards to the burn phase, that's happened to my groups quite a bit, and I just say don't run to the rocks, stack up against the wall and healers aoe heal through it, pop raid buffs, medpacks, adrenals, dcds, and just burn. That's seemed to solve that RNG unfortunate instance.

yes i'm operative. Huge hps is not bad here, because the group is taking insane ammount of aoe damage and it's not overhealing. Second sorc heal got 4.5k hps and the group was never on full hp. Eventually someone just died. Yeah, totally balanced boss for story modes. Clap, clap.

your complete ******** continues to amaze me. So you 2 together are pulling more hps than you will ever need for HARD MODE (hell even nightmare if it were to come out), but the group is never full HP?

Are you *********** trolling ?

Edited by invertioN

First of all there is no falls from 100m on this boss. Even without cross fail, there is bugged rage storm that will knock you back no matter what and huge aoe damage from ads. Maybe it's solo healable with people who got no latency and decent dps who use personal safe abilities and one shot ads almost instantly, but I'm talking about pug groups.

They will never fix latency problem on rage storm, so the only way to fix this boss is massive nerf.

Oh dear. Rage storm is supposed to do that. Only abilities that make you immune to knockback like hold the line or entrench will prevent your character flying backwards. The fact that you don't know that speaks volumes.

Oh dear. Rage storm is supposed to do that. Only abilities that make you immune to knockback like hold the line or entrench will prevent your character flying backwards. The fact that you don't know that speaks volumes.

I meant the damage sometimes you can't avoid even sitting under the rock.

I see.... What it seems is that sometimes accepting that some/your raid group sucks is not an option.

The fail has to be in developers always.

The remotely option that some group is not good enough is not wearable.

So cruel this devs man, they should adjust the difficulty of story modes to worse group they can think about! After all sm is for FUN 0 skill should be required!

You know what, some groups will still wipe :p

For everyone that wants to enjoy story you can always click youtube or wait for level 65-70

You know what, some groups will still wipe :p

For everyone that wants to enjoy story you can always click youtube or wait for level 65-70

If they don't nerf him next patch I will simply cancel my sub and find something new to play. So will eventually do hundreds of people who want to see end game content but became sick of this boss. Too bad this majority of players doesn't visit forums.

Edited by onegoldpls

Yup. This is an example of why I think there are the two camps: 1) Technical issues are frustrating and limiting and 2) Players being under skilled, and calling for a nerf when really they need to do that little extra like familiarize themselves with mechanics a bit more before they go off about how things are broken/ needing a nerf. No offense to the OP, but this is why I got worked up earlier in response to his/ her posts. Now had he started with something along the lines of: "Is ragestorm supposed to knock you back 100 percent of the time, and cause raid damage when the cast finishes? Does that mean UL is broken/ in need of a nerf?" I would have responded way differently. It's why I get so worked up when this discussion comes to the fore front again and again. There are too many players calling for nerfs when they don't really know what they're talking about to begin with

Edited by Shwarzchild

If they don't nerf him next patch I will simply cancel my sub and find something new to play. So will eventually do hundreds of people who want to see end game content but became sick of this boss. Too bad this majority of players doesn't visit forums.

Be prepared to quit then

Best examples are blood hunt and sword squadron .. Ye ruined as in not challenging.. Boring..

Master and Blaster, Coratanni, Revan HM are still challenging fights. As for FPs who cares and same for SM. I don't care how much they nerf them as I only do SM to get gear for alts. I think it's fine but it's whatevs. If you are doing SM for challenges then your as worse as a regstar in PVP who never queues ranked.

:)

That Lurker HM has an issue with its damage that goes out after a successful cross (it's less but still some) going to one player and one shotting a full HP player. And fix a few latency issues with the rocks and such and it will be fine. Rest of it is fine :)

Edited by FerkWork

Master and Blaster, Coratanni, Revan HM are still challenging fights. As for FPs who cares and same for SM. I don't care how much they nerf them as I only do SM to get gear for alts. I think it's fine but it's whatevs. If you are doing SM for challenges then your as worse as a regstar in PVP who never queues ranked.

:)

That Lurker HM has an issue with its damage that goes out after a successful cross (it's less but still some) going to one player and one shotting a full HP player. And fix a few latency issues with the rocks and such and it will be fine.

I have a theory that the huge damage on the cross is supposed to provide a trade off to groups that solo tank, since it's always a DPS in the back that gets it. At least for my raid team.

This isn't an issue with the boss. It's an issue with the player base in this game. The average skill of the players in this game is painfully low. The game is filled with keyboard turners, backpaddlers and clickers. It's crazy. The Underlurker is not hard. At all. He just requires you to not have your fingers up your bum for 3 minutes. There's a limit to how easy developers can make a boss before it gets ridiculous. The fact that people can't adapt or learn fight mechanics for certain bosses is not the developers fault.

I keyboard turn, click, and back peddle all the time. Yet I seem to do fine. Don't know why people are against clicking. :rak_02:

I have a theory that the huge damage on the cross is supposed to provide a trade off to groups that solo tank, since it's always a DPS in the back that gets it. At least for my raid team.

Hmm interesting but in Dead Cats we run with 2 Tanks since DPS isn't an issue and thus don't need to switch when we do Commanders so I'm not sure about the Solo tank.

KBN had this to say about it:

It seems that, on a successful cross, the boss is still going to hit a random set of people for a moderate-to-small amount of damage. This generally functions to keep the cross more interesting for the healers. However, it seems that there is no exclusion in the set of people it can hit. So you can have a single person whacked for all of the damage that was meant to be spread out among a few targets. This does seem to be the tank more often than not, but I have seen DPS get one-shot from full health on a green cross where no one else took damage, so it's not guaranteed.[/Quote]
Edited by FerkWork

I don't know if it's been brought up already because this is 10 goddamn pages, but my republic guild and I have been banging our heads against UL many times this past week, even on well geared mains with whom we've cleared Lurker many times before, while on the imperial side I've done ToS twice, on 2 different characters, with 2 different groups, without a hitch. Maybe there's a difference between the two factions' versions of the ops?

I don't know if it's been brought up already because this is 10 gosh darn pages, but my republic guild and I have been banging our heads against UL many times this past week, even on well geared mains with whom we've cleared Lurker many times before, while on the imperial side I've done ToS twice, on 2 different characters, with 2 different groups, without a hitch. Maybe there's a difference between the two factions' versions of the ops?

There is no difference between the republic and imperial encounter. What part is your guild struggling on?

I don't know if it's been brought up already because this is 10 gosh darn pages, but my republic guild and I have been banging our heads against UL many times this past week, even on well geared mains with whom we've cleared Lurker many times before, while on the imperial side I've done ToS twice, on 2 different characters, with 2 different groups, without a hitch. Maybe there's a difference between the two factions' versions of the ops?

The Underlurker remains the same both republic and imperial, perhaps your republic guild has many players with high latency giving them less time to interact with the cross or get to the safe places in time.

Only a theory, but seeing how latency can affect that fight it might be possible.

"The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias wherein unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their ability to be much higher than is accurate. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their ineptitude."

I would expect, after the large nerf to the Sword squadron in both HM and SM, that similar thing would be applied to the Underlurker. For all those adamant about story mode nerf's being rediculous, serveral other SM encounter have already been nerfed much harder, (Bulo, Torque 16M, Sword Squadron (SM and HM.) The only very small change on Underlurker was ~10% add hit point reduction.

Where is all the jerk elitist out rage over large nerf to Sword Squadron, even in HM. You would have thought many of the posters here would have cancelled their sub to protest HM mode nerf's. I have not seen a single protest thread in these forums about the SM and HM, nerfs to sword squadron. So stuff it the Hypocrisy is glaring. It is only a mater of time for the Underlurker!

Only abilities that make you immune to knockback like hold the line or entrench will prevent your character flying backwards.

I don't know if it's a bug or what but I found that sent/mara's force camo prevents knockbacks as well, which is really awesome! I hope they never notice it and "fix" it :) I use it all the time on underlurker and on HK's grenades and on torque's wookie rage

Not from what I have seen. When it bugs like that it generally kills our solo tank.

The issue with the fight is Bioware designed a fight their engine is incapable of handling properly.

This isn't an issue with the boss. It's an issue with the player base in this game. The average skill of the players in this game is painfully low. The game is filled with keyboard turners, backpaddlers and clickers. It's crazy. The Underlurker is not hard. At all. He just requires you to not have your fingers up your bum for 3 minutes. There's a limit to how easy developers can make a boss before it gets ridiculous. The fact that people can't adapt or learn fight mechanics for certain bosses is not the developers fault.

So its not the developers fault when the cross fails even though its correct on everyone in the raids screen...;)

Edited by StefanInter

"The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias wherein unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their ability to be much higher than is accurate. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their ineptitude."

It's interesting that the OP can only finish 1/10 TOS runs. I wonder what's the only constant thing about those runs? Oh wait I know, OP is in all of them :jawa_angel:

So its not the developers fault when the cross fails even though its correct on everyone in the raids screen...;)

probably it's their fault, but also healers if they don't do their job, at least in sm with a half competent group you have:

rocks down: top the melee/tanks

ragestorm: h2f/hot/barrier everyone in range ( out of range, your fault)

approaching the cross: dps

positioning on the cross: h2f/hot/barrier the tank and those who probably get the spike( mt, ot, squishiest dps)

dps till the adds start doing some damage to mdps and the tank

the ''green for all but red'' cross does like 20% damage to everyone..so not a big deal and also with a red cross you can predict who's taking most damage and h2f him..i've seen only undergeared shadows and sages dying here..

and if you meet enrage or a dps dies because he didn't hide correctly it's l2p.

the main issue is that this boss came after:

13 months df/dp faceroll carrying and GF

kuat

12x

Edited by JouerTue