nerf underlurker in story mode already

People want to nerf a boss that has been 4 man (8-man ops) months ago.

Ok i see, what you rly want is 3-man world first or what? Im right isnt it? :rak_01:

U should start a thread asking for solo mode for this operation.

Mmmm wait, if i remember well, bw already let peps skip the entire operation by just farming solo quests and you can progress the story

Edited by Dark_Mithrandir

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anything, there needs to be a tier below storymode. Call it, tactical operations or whatever. This would be the tier where no matter what you do, you're going to win. Would that be acceptable, OP? Contrary to popular belief, there are guilds out there who enjoy the story mode difficulty and it's progression for them. By nerfing story mode, you are indeed taking something away from those players...

The Underlurker is still the toughest boss in all of the SM ops. The nerf they did amounts a total of 3% less dps than the original over the total fight. Other SM bosses have already been nerfed that were not as difficult as the Underlurker. Like it or not the Underlurker fight needs a reevaluation like Sword Squadron was to be in line with the rest of the GF SM Ops bosses. It cannot be counted on a GF pug for a tank being able to switch to a full dps set.

Everyone knew from the start that the Underlurker would have to be nerfed and the 3% was not enough for pugs simple as that.

this

if I want to try hard I would go hm

I already grow up from hardcore gaming (wasting of time) and want to have some fun

whats your name on the eclipse mate, maybe we can roll together sometime

Edited by blackkcid

Bioware shouldn't have an elite fully-geared in raid armor etc Guild like Xors (spelling) test story mode ops on test center with a different group set up than what is expected with story mode.

Their elite guild went in with apparently 1 tank and a dps queing as a tank and everyone had top of the line gear and they deemed story mode too easy. They demanded adds be added.

So they whined to devs who bent over backwards to appease their golden boy guild of all stars and added the adds.

Just get rid of the adds in story mode or fix it so they don't do so much damage.

You shouldn't get knocked back if you are in a green safe zone behind the rocks.

You shouldn't have to jump in cross to register your position with server.

Even though it looks like you are out of circle for falling rocks on your monitor, server lag means the rock hits and kills you.

With group finder you are not all in voice chat. You don't have everyone in top notch gear as there is no gear check. GF takes those who que no matter what. You get stuck with the luck of the draw, which includes casual players.

This is story mode we are talking about.

Edited by pooks

Bioware shouldn't have an elite fully-geared in raid armor etc Guild like Xors (spelling) test story mode ops on test center with a different group set up than what is expected with story mode.

Their elite guild went in with apparently 1 tank and a dps queing as a tank and everyone had top of the line gear and they deemed story mode too easy. They demanded adds be added.

So they whined to devs who bent over backwards to appease their golden boy guild of all stars and added the adds.

Just get rid of the adds in story mode or fix it so they don't do so much damage.

You shouldn't get knocked back if you are in a green safe zone behind the rocks.

Even though it looks like you are out of circle for falling rocks on your monitor, server lag means the rock hits and kills you.

With group finder you are not all in voice chat. You don't have everyone in top notch gear as there is no gear check. GF takes those who que no matter what. You get stuck with the luck of the draw, which includes casual players.

Who is Xors? Is that a Mexican beer? :rak_03:

Edited by FerkWork

-Multiple guilds tested this, not just one.

-There is no tank swap mechanic. As a tank for my group, I'll respec and throw on a offset to help with the DPS in HM, but its not needed in SM. Seriously, everyone can pull 2.5 and the fight is do able.

- Try not to bash a guild that you cant even seem to spell their name correctly. Its unbecoming. Also, this statement is unfounded. What proof do you have that they got add included into the fight? Also, they wrote a very detailed guide that you may want to take a look at. Its published on dulfy.

-The barely do any DMG in SM anyway. Go into your ability list, and put you DCD's on your bar if it is seriously creating that much of an issue. Also, if you dying to straight up damage, the healers you run with are either sitting around with empty GCD's, DPS'ing, or overhealing someone.

- This is not just an issue with underlurker. This is an issue with the whole of the game.

- I had some really wicked weather one night while raiding and i had some serious choppyness issues, my connection was crap. While connection issues are a whole other topic, i dunno how nerfing UL will help with it. The red circles do pop and stay in place for a very long time before the rock actually drops. Dont stand or skirt so close to it.

Look, the fights mechanics are simple, stay out of dumb stuff. Pop dcd's half way through the cross cast, and make sure healers are actually doing healing things, and this fight is more then doable.

The DPS check may seem tight, but it really is not. I've been in groups in HM where the DPS only pulled 3k DPS and downed it.

Is this a hard fight for casuals? Yes. The problem isn't with the games difficulty. Its with the Casual mentality of all content should just be a quick tank n spank with a generous enrage timer, because the cant be bothered to sit down for 30 minutes, and learn a rotation and key bind some defensives.

Edited by CaraExas

The problem of this boss are sorcs and melee dps in group.

I tried with 4 sorcs yesterday and they got such a huge ammount of aoe damage that 5+3k hps wasn't simply enough. One of them switched to healer and we killed him in 3 healers.

To kill this boss easily just make a group from snipers/mercs and merc/op healer.

Light armor players should just delete their chars as Bioware doesn't want them to do operations.

Heavy armor melee are not that bad but never invite more than 1.

So I give you some protip: if you are in group for ToS with two or more sorcs, sin or operative dps, just abandon it. This group will 99% fail on underlurker.

Edited by onegoldpls

Wow you are really talking about SM here? The bossfight in SM is easy, no need to be overgeared or smth and you do not require 3k ehps +. If you do your dps are too slow killing adds. Instead of calling for another nerf maybe you should try to improve your playing. What you ppl are asking for would be a dummy fight. The boss already has been 4 manned pre nerf so why nerfing it even further?

So I give you some protip: if you are in group for ToS with two or more sorcs, sin or operative dps, just abandon it. This group will 99% fail on underlurker.

We are pretty succesfull with 2 sorcs @revan hm. We also did all prior bosses in HM with 2 sorcs.

Edited by Methoxa

Wow you are really talking about SM here? The bossfight in SM is easy, no need to be overgeared or smth and you do not require 3k ehps +. If you do your dps are too slow killing adds. Instead of calling for another nerf maybe you should try to improve your playing. What you ppl are asking for would be a dummy fight. The boss already has been 4 manned pre nerf so why nerfing it even further?

We are pretty succesfull with 2 sorcs @revan hm. We also did all prior bosses in HM with 2 sorcs.

Forget it m8 it's 17 pages of the same stuff. Guy is doing 8k dps and hps and people are taking 0.1337 dtps yet its unhealable, dps check is too high and there are instakills every 2 seconds :csw_jabbapet:

edit: oh yeah and it's xors' fault. I bet it was yolo who designed this fight :mad:

Edited by invertioN

I tried with 4 sorcs yesterday and they got such a huge ammount of aoe damage that 5+3k hps wasn't simply enough. One of them switched to healer and we killed him in 3 healers.

To kill this boss easily just make a group from snipers/mercs and merc/op healer.

Light armor players should just delete their chars as Bioware doesn't want them to do operations.

to previous poster..GF OPS have BOLSTER, you can go naked and devs will give you free stats, and the knockback is like half gcd long..

about this quote, they just need to:

sorc: bubble and hide correctly

melee: stand at 4m, not 0m or 1m, 4m and hide correctly

operative: lol one of the easiest classes to play there, roll makes you stay out and dps taking barely any damage and you can avoid 100% cross dmg.. oh and hide correctly

in general and again..it's like 2.5k dps check..not devws fault if people cannot find they bars or left and right..

I'm not talking about you and your try hard guild. I'm talking to casuals who just want to complete tos once a week without wiping. You can even two man nim mode, I simply don't care.

Edited by onegoldpls

This thread is just trolling by now someone close it already.

If someone thinks the ops is hard he should better start to look at himself and his team (pug or not) because odds are he/they is/are just terribad.

No one in his right mind can think this sm ops are hard.

I didnt know casual definition is terribad. There are pretty good casual players out there

Casual is not terribad

Edited by Dark_Mithrandir

Last night run, 1 Jugg tank, 2 Jugg DPS, 1 Pt DPS, 2 Arsenal Mercs, Sorc-Sorc healing combination, 100% pugged on fleet. No TS, just a group of players who know their stuff. Lurker died on third cross without calling burn phase.

Tell me again how this boss is impossible.

It's not the boss that is hard, but the playerbase that is bad. Casual =/= terribads.

Edited by iusCogens

Something to say about this fight after I've done it a bunch of times in HM

Underlurker SM now is just piece of cake even without GF bolster. Our healers kept us alive for 20s in enrage because one of our team got killed like a fool under the rock of Collapse, so we couldn't meet the dps check after SECOND cross. We've cleared this fight plenty of times in the regular raid formation (2 tanks 4 dps-es 2 healers) not even with fully geared and outside of GF. If this boss does not get killed in SM it's the team fault, no question asked

For HM fight, it's just a different story. We run 5 dps formation since we've started to do the fight. The adds go down at lighspeed, so fast that they die within the first second of Collapse cast. That gives us 8 seconds to dps THE BOSS from nearby the rock before having to hide. Anyway, as soon as on the cross, the very first cross, the dps working as offtank (once we had a vanguard and a gunslinger the second time) got an insane amount of damage even if the cross turned green and even if he was running at least 2 defensives. The gunslinger once took 61k damage while running talented Hunker Down for 60% less aoe damage and Defensive screen. I personally wth my tank, on the first cross, always green, once took 35k damage with Warding Call on.

So, is this fight doable in SM? Definetly, and if you die it's just YOUR fault. Is in HM doable? Yes, but you must get at least a bit lucky

Edited by ArthasReaver

Last night run, 1 Jugg tank, 2 Jugg DPS, 1 Pt DPS, 2 Arsenal Mercs, Sorc-Sorc healing combination, 100% pugged on fleet. No TS, just a group of players who know their stuff. Lurker died on third cross without calling burn phase.

Tell me again how this boss is impossible.

It's not the boss that is hard, but the playerbase that is bad. Casual =/= terribads.

Do you see the difference between 1 sorc heal and 3 sorc dps+1 one sorc heal? Or your reading skills are so bad? Your heavy armor group would take no damage from boss, of couse it will be easy especially with pt.

Why didn't you uninstall the game already? They didn't nerf this now super easy fight in the last patch and they won't nerf it in the next patch either.

Time to keep those promises.

Edit: okay, here is a serious question. When I pugged this boss last time we killed it easily. But, we had one sentinel dps whose rotation was something like this: auto attack*10, occasionally a master strike, being interrupted halfway for a dispatch. Nothing else, seriously. Now obviously, if you have a group consisting of mostly people like this then you won't clear this boss. Do you think a player like this deserves the kill? Do you think someone who plays like this deserves to faceroll through an operation, even in story mode?

Edited by TheDuge

Why didn't you uninstall the game already? They didn't nerf this now super easy fight in the last patch and they won't nerf it in the next patch either.

Time to keep those promises.

Don't worry I will when WoW new patch comes out. Atleast it's not so dead yet.

BS, BS, and even more BS. You know Sorcs have a utility that reduces aoe damage taken by 30%? They take basically no damage from the adds' aoe.

And watch this pre nerf video

Either delete your account already or learn to play.

Edited by Torvai