The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Mistakenly Accused of Hacking...

Icykill_

So today in Outlaws den I get accused of Hacking by people from 2 supposed "good" pvp guilds... (Abrieviated) Ghost and WookieG

Anyone who has read any of my posts regarding cheating knows I am vehemently against it

I respawned in Outlaws after a WZ on my Sorc... Saw this GI guy and attacked him, he had a Shadow guild mate in Stealth with him who pops out... The Shadow's a tank but doesn't put guard on his mate... I focus the dps down while LoSing around a pillar... After I've killed him I finish off the tank

Next thing I get acussed of hacking... I ask what I had done, but just get abused... Oh well

Then I'm waiting on the Imp entrance so I can swap maps and I see a Merc WG go in... I follow him in and I'm typing away trying tell him there are 2 guys looking for revenge... Next thing he attacks me... Oh well... So I heal and run behind an igloo to heal, come out and attack... He nearly gets me but I finish him off... All of a sudden I'm being accused of hacking again??... So I asked what I did to cheat... "Apparently affliction ticked more than 10 times"... LoL... So I'm trying to explain that chain lightning refreshes it... And I'm being abused then put on ignore

So, how do 3 guys who are Supposed to be from good pvp guilds not know basic abilities??...

Seriously, I think they just expected to win because they are in well known pvp guilds and I'm in a casual guild... It would be understandable for new pvp players to L2P... But those guys :rolleyes:

It was owpvp and you caught some peeps with their pants down

The insta spawn surely was a huge surprise in your favor and good job to take advantage

The other one wasn't ready to fight either so pride and ego kick in: "ILoosesomusbHAX"

Owpvp rules

It was owpvp and you caught some peeps with their pants down

The insta spawn surely was a huge surprise in your favor and good job to take advantage

The other one wasn't ready to fight either so pride and ego kick in: "ILoosesomusbHAX"

Owpvp rules

They well and truely saw me before I attacked... Plus Outlaws is pvp... They should be ready... My motto is "if it's red, it's dead"

I haven't played much recently, but I do know we have a couple people in WookieG who like to call "Hacks!" at everything as a joke.

Take it as a complement. ;)

Nah, he was serious about it... I could tell by the abuse and rage... Then putting me on ignore... Oh well...

Pacify - Sentskill that reduces targets precision by 90% for 6s (got a very long CD so don´t worry about it)

Nobody seems to know about it and you get accused of hacking whenever random AC can´t kill you because Masterstrike for example is white DMG. I already build a game around it, so will I be accused of hacking when pacifying that Guardian that jus jumped me rendering his MS useless?

Anyone who has read any of my posts regarding cheating knows I am vehemently against it

Sorry. When I read this part, I instantly thought of Anderson Silva, Alex Rodriguez, and Lance Armstrong. They also "vehemently" were against cheating and PEDs but, guess what? Turned out, they were just against OTHERS using PEDs, because that would make the playing field even! ;)

Hey, honestly to me it's like a badge of honor whenever I got accused of hacking. It means you are doing so well they think it's impossible to do it without cheating. Usually the ones crying that hacks are being used are just ignorant nubs that don't understand other classes abilities etc. The others are just sore losers.

I really wish this was an achievement.

I do believe it is Sig worthy though.

My favorite one is my Fury Mara; and getting chewed out in say that I am hacking cause I ability hacked Stealth doubled leaped then used OP smash on them.

Tried to Explain that it was Camo > Force Charge > obliterate > smash. But apparently only Shadows are the only class that can use stealth and leap.

this often comes while in Ranked Solo and Normal WZs lol.

Edited by RangKer

Well TBH "good" is a term I would use very sparingly when describing the majority of supposed PvP guilds on our server. Especially in regards to one of the ones you mentioned...

But yes I guess for most bads, it's far easier for them to accept their badness by accusing people better at the game then them of hacks.

This game is way too hard for most people though. Like learning other classes abilities, it's like space wizardry or some other **** right?

But what would a scrubby regstar from a casual guild like me know? Lols

Well TBH "good" is a term I would use very sparingly when describing the majority of supposed PvP guilds on our server. Especially in regards to one of the ones you mentioned...

But yes I guess for most bads, it's far easier for them to accept their badness by accusing people better at the game then them of hacks.

This game is way too hard for most people though. Like learning other classes abilities, it's like space wizardry or some other **** right?

But what would a scrubby regstar from a casual guild like me know? Lols

That's why I used the words supposedly and "good" in brackets... If you talk to them they think they are elite pvp guilds... I'm not saying there aren't great players in those guilds... There are... But they are obviously being watered down now with newbies so they can do conquest

If they really want to think of themselves as elite, then they need to either be more selective in who they invite into their guilds or actually educate and train their members in pvp

And I don't just mean those guilds either... There are a lot of pvp guilds who don't help educate their members in abilities, tactics or the worst one is gearing

I don't know how many times I go into matches with pvp guilds, only to see they are wearing "hero" PVE gear... They don't understand expertise or how bolster works... When you try to explain it they abuse you because they know better as they are from "good" pvp guilds.. LoL

Then there are the death match people who can only play death match and have zero idea on tactics... The only time they might win is if they are in a 4 man premade and they run in group on voice chat... Put them in a match solo and they are useless while the rest of your team is trying to win

Pvp guilds need to make an effort to educate and train their members... It's one of the reasons I don't bother being in one... At least my casual guild members who want to pvp, listen when us pvpers try to educate them and are willing to train

I've apparently been reported for ganking people in the den... xD

"I just want my HK part!" how about no...

I've also been accused of hacking because I was healing to full (pre 2.5) darkness sin, for using overcharge saber and wz medpack (not the out of combat regen stuff).

Good times...

I've been in this game since release, and I've seen only about 2 incidents that would could certainly constitute as hacking. Everything else is latency and game engine issues.

So today in Outlaws den I get accused of Hacking by people from 2 supposed "good" pvp guilds... (Abrieviated) Ghost and WookieG

I respawned in Outlaws after a WZ on my Sorc... Saw this GI guy and attacked him, he had a Shadow guild mate in Stealth with him who pops out... The Shadow's a tank but doesn't put guard on his mate... I focus the dps down while LoSing around a pillar... After I've killed him I finish off the tank

Next thing I get acussed of hacking... I ask what I had done, but just get abused... Oh well

Then I'm waiting on the Imp entrance so I can swap maps and I see a Merc WG go in... I follow him in and I'm typing away trying tell him there are 2 guys looking for revenge... Next thing he attacks me... Oh well... So I heal and run behind an igloo to heal, come out and attack... He nearly gets me but I finish him off... All of a sudden I'm being accused of hacking again??... So I asked what I did to cheat... "Apparently affliction ticked more than 10 times"... LoL... So I'm trying to explain that chain lightning refreshes it... And I'm being abused then put on ignore

So, how do 3 guys who are Supposed to be from good pvp guilds not know basic abilities??...

Seriously, I think they just expected to win because they are in well known pvp guilds and I'm in a casual guild... It would be understandable for new pvp players to L2P... But those guys :rolleyes:

Your class is a hack and bioware made it possible. If that makes you any better, keep playing FoTM!

I've apparently been reported for ganking people in the den... xD

"I just want my HK part!" how about no...

I've also been accused of hacking because I was healing to full (pre 2.5) darkness sin, for using overcharge saber and wz medpack (not the out of combat regen stuff).

Good times...

I've been in this game since release, and I've seen only about 2 incidents that would could certainly constitute as hacking. Everything else is latency and game engine issues.

Game engine is powered by a 56 year old hamster with lung cancer in a rusted wheel made out of metal coat hangers.

Oh wait that's the updated Engine coming soon...