The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

CARTEL MARKET - No MSM JT-2 Jetpack

Tealkman

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be a new pack...cause here come the "I didn't get XXXXX"

Random is Random. If you want a specific item sell the crates and pay with credits off GTN in 2 days. Otherwise take your chances opening packs.

For every one of you, there are people pulling them out of first pack (and only pack) or pull multiples out of a hypercrate

over the 10s of 1000's of packs opened in the last few days the odds are a bit more normalized and you are less than a 10th of 1% of those packs. It is anecdotal at best, hyperbole at minimum, something much worse at worst.

Unfortunately this happens EVERY pack someone inevitably buys a crate or two and expects something to be in them. Not understanding that each pack is a single instance to drop an ultra rare item (.1% chance would be generous for some of these ultra rares) opening multiple packs guarantees nothing, just at more chances to roll. think of it this way have a 100 sideded dice. roll it until you get 100. a 100 rolls doesn't mean you'll roll 100 just that each roll gives you a new chance. The odds of NOT rolling 100 do go down, but they are NEVER zero.

tl;dr random is random welcome, and have a nice day

Have a slap in the face while at it. You forgot about that. :D

we have already used "Scam" ( how long until see THAT definition used) AND "Gambling" (and will need to redefine that as well).

so lets call em like we'll see em.

list of words expected to be seen....since every one of these goes the same way

Random check

scam check

gambling check

"game" No

"chance' NO

"real money" No

we can almost copy paste all these conversations and just reopen them every new pack...what is with the world today.

I'm sure some people felt the same way about the Series 515 cybernetics set. (I believe that was the first one.)

I saw it and wanted it, as well. Trying to buy it with credits off the GTN, totals went up to millions; something I could not afford. Finally, another cybernetics set comes out. And another, and another. Some rare, some common, but eventually they became so common, an entire 615 set can be purchased right now for 10,000 credits.

Give it time, it would have been wiser to have just waited. Those jetpacks will find themselves on the GTN before long. And as time goes on, the price will hit it's all-time low. Plus, have faith they will come out with more jetpacks, driving the supply and diversity up, lowering prices even further.

Living mounts used to go for millions, but I spotted a Zeldrate and Orobird on the GTN for 500k. Time goes on, Bioware releases more stuff, the horde of players will calm down, and you'll get a jetpack eventually.

This reads like something that should be on that instagram of spoiled crying toddlers.

Dear OP: The jetpack is in the pack, it's a rare drop. Despite your conviction that you are a special snowflake deserving of all that is good and shiny, it's a random drop. If you can't deal with not getting what you want, next time, sell the unopened packs and use the credits to buy what you really want.

Im always amazed by how many people dont seem to understand what "random" means. :rolleyes:

As others have said, nothing is guaranteed, just because you buy a Powerball ticket, doesnt mean your guaranteed that $50m jackpot.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

I opened 120 Master's Shadow Pack's and NOT A SINGLE "MSM JT-2 Jetpack".

Is that mount even in the pack or not?

I know it is supposed to be a random drop but 120 packs and NOTHING?????

I guess you decided to make it impossible to get that mount which will make it cost 200 Million in-game credits.

All you want to do is to scam us players of all our money.

That is my effing last straw, no more cash to you EVER AGAIN and I will make sure all I know stays as far away from you guys as possible.

"&"%¤#&%"¤#&%"¤#&%"¤#

Again.

Random. Number. Generation.

There are players who open 5 packs and get a Walker and a Rancor. There are players who open 50 packs and get virtually nothing of value.

120 packs is a lot not to get the jet pack. I have to agree to some extent that some of the super rare's are not equally spread out. I remember buying approx. the same amount (though not all at once as some were when they were half prize) of contraband packs and never got Bastila's top. Got over 15 of each of her belt, gloves, boots and about 7 legging. never got her top from that pack. I refuse point blank to pay other players for it off gtn. I doubt very much a player got 15 of her tops to counterbalance this. though as some do end up on the gtn some players must of got above 1.

Much later when they did the complete armour set packs, I finally got her set.

I have only had 6 of the new pack and no did not get one either, but do not buy many cartel packs at all these days mainly because of what happened with the slot machine. Other than the jet pack and maybe the companion customizations there's very little in this pack I would want anyway.

I think the jet pack is what most players will want so be interesting to see how many do end up on the gtn, in other words how many players got more than 1.