HM Ravagers & Temple progression thread

The devs said we wouldn't go a year without a new operation again.[/Quote] Did they? I remember Musco saying something like the content drought during last years summer was bad and wont happened again.

[...]In other words Bioware if we don't have at least one completely new raid by July this year [...].

Uhm, there is no way this will happen?

According to the... writings they call Roadmap for 2015, we'll get two major Content patches this year, one of which is 3.2.

3.2 wont have any PvE content beyond some class Story and likely a daily area. They ruled out FPs during the cantina Event. Operations are completely unrealistic.

Its possible of course they include Ravagers NM, but if they had any plans for it they would have said so. Since they didnt, its likely we will see nightmare some time after 3.2, meaning early July if they stick to their new slowed Content cycle.

Then there is the other major update, but according to them it'll be 'by the end of the year'. End of the year means December, just like 3.0.

We dont know anything about the update (and wont till someone leaks something somewhere by September or something) but if they had more operations to drop on us during the year, we would have three major content updates.

We dont however and so we may get new operations by the end of the year at best. Or not if they have decided to further embrace their new marketing philosophy of effectively focusing on the single player, Kotor 3 crowd.

As said this could easily mean Nightmare Content much later than everyone hopes.

Funny thing is, we were in the same position during this time last year. For laughts, this is a D&T discussion about the Roadmap 2014.

http://www.twitch.tv/fridge_sa/c/3663446

Sound familiar?

And remember, last year they weren’t focusing on ‘story’.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said if they have a gap longer than six or seven months between operations they will likely lose the majority of their remaining ops players. Lower tier players due to frustration at not being able to complete the content via groupfinder and thus giving up on a significant aspect of the game. Higher tier players due to boredom. I don't want this to happen, but I can see it happening.

Hello,

Very interesting data! Would you happen to know the server breakdown of the progression so far? Even by sides would be interesting too see to. I'm curious as I'm on JC and there seems to be few doing serious progression (Many are probable not recording it in the server thread). I was speaking to a member of one of the 2 guilds according to this player that had beaten HM Master and Blaster on JC.

<Vicious>, who is 9/10 on Jung Ma, is the only one even close on that server. The next closest is 6/10 (although they might go to 7/10 this week, I heard they had Torque to 3% before wiping.)

This has probably already been said, but my only problem with the raids is how dependent some of these fights are on group composition. Difficulty is pretty good, but I think that for groups that can't swap roles/classes as freely, some mechanics should be slightly tweaked. But other than that im pretty happy about the current status of the raids.

Meh, IDK if I agree about the composition thing except on Revan, where our marauder is going to have tons of fun (not!) We've cleared 8/10 running at least three melee DPS, including quad melee for Torque and triple melee for Blaster, with one PT tank and one Jugg tank. Only did Cortanni with 2 ranged because two of our DPS felt like playing their sniper and merc that night instead of their jugg and PT.

I think back to when I started raiding in September last year and R-DPS was favored for most of the Oricon ops fights, and that imbalance has continued in 3.0. But at least they can be overcome with coordination and skill for the most part. I compare Torque to Tyrans and I would never ever want to run three melee in the Tyrans fight. And triple or quad melee for NiM Council sounds impossible because of the Reaches and the DPS uptime you'd lack on Brontes. Could be wrong, though.

Edited by Aetrus

NOX (Ger / EU) defeated cora. (9/10)

Updated

On the topic of content

Me personally I'd be ok with no more nightmare content and 6-8 raids a year of SM-HM of this caliber. If NM does come out I think from June - July. Outside that I may have to question playing the game and I usually take a break from HM-NM.

Or raids with more than 5 bosses. It was cool watching the Blackrock Foundry mythic progression. 6-8 new raids is probably unreasonable for this title but 20-25 bosses aren't.

Meh, IDK if I agree about the composition thing except on Revan, where our marauder is going to have tons of fun (not!) We've cleared 8/10 running at least three melee DPS, including quad melee for Torque and triple melee for Blaster, with one PT tank and one Jugg tank. Only did Cortanni with 2 ranged because two of our DPS felt like playing their sniper and merc that night instead of their jugg and PT.

I think back to when I started raiding in September last year and R-DPS was favored for most of the Oricon ops fights, and that imbalance has continued in 3.0. But at least they can be overcome with coordination and skill for the most part. I compare Torque to Tyrans and I would never ever want to run three melee in the Tyrans fight. And triple or quad melee for NiM Council sounds impossible because of the Reaches and the DPS uptime you'd lack on Brontes. Could be wrong, though.

Only Revan has extreme melee bias ( floor one only) and that is teether and ebola. Thing is Mercs/PT are just broke currently and are pulling amazing dps/heal and have hydraulics with makes the dps check on core easier.

Both Tyrans and Council were fine with three melee. DnT ran that most of the later part of the tier and Council phase two is easier with more melee ( 3+) because they spawn on the melee and its a easier rotation to stay clear of them if each end is maximum 5 meters apart.

Edited by JDotter

I would definitely prefer it they completely re-think NiM releases. The HM difficulty is fine, but let's get real, when you have progression gated behind a level cap increase and two new tiers of gear, it's not progression. If teams were fully decked with BiS gear of the tier just below what HM drops (so full 192 in this case) and at level cap before HM came out, I'm fairly certain we'd be seeing way more clears. Just like how everyone was in full BiS 180s when DF NiM released, and pretty much full 186s minus the unique DP drops when DP NiM released.

Sure it's been months and people have had time to get through those gates by now, but the fact that they were even there is enough. On one end of the spectrum you have teams like Zorz, with very high talent and very high time investment that will pretty much win progression races regardless. But below that you have 1) teams with average talent and very high time investment, and 2) teams with very high talent and low time investment. Normally those two types of teams might clear at the same time, but with a grinding-gate, the time-advantage of team type 1 is practically exponentially larger.

Personally, I would much prefer a progression system that tracked number of pulls on a boss as well as time spent in combat with the boss before the first kill, but BW has absolute zero chance of implementing that, so I won't speak of it further.

Back on point, what I mean by "re-think NiM", is that NiM shouldn't drop a new tier of gear. Thinking back to 2.x raids... teams that could get 174 gear went into DF/DP HM with an advantage. Yeah, sure, they earned their advantage, blah blah whatever. That doesn't matter. What matters is that when some people go into "progression" with an advantage, it's not a real competition. Yeah yeah, advantages come in all shapes, I even mentioned the biggest one in my previous(x2) paragraph, but gear-level is one that is very easy to control. And the main point here is that teams that had 174 gear going into DF/DP HM were teams that probably could have cleared it in 162s, let alone the 168s that other teams were stuck with. They had no need of that gear.

I my opinion, NiM raiders are in it for the challenge, and don't (read: shouldn't) have any interest in the gear-carrots, and don't need or want said carrots to keep them raiding. The only reward I want from NiM is something aesthetic that shows off the fact that I beat it - the Wings and Grob-thok mount did this nicely, and the titles were nice too. Even the NiM gear shells worked well for that, but not when they were tied to standard gear drops. Maybe if they were legacy-bound shells like the Corruptor Blade and the season 3 PvP rewards (which, for the record & IMO, are the best rewards that have ever been given out for anything in this game to date).

So tl;dr, SM should be easier (though I think I deleted that paragraph), HM is fine, and NiM should not exist as simply another tier of gear-drops at another higher difficulty. It should be even harder and grant nothing but bragging rights (with aesthetic representation).

Edited by Kryand

Ty :)

Oh, i hate that freaking bird so much, it constantly tries to go for my eyes :(

That bird is literally the most annoying boss in any operation to date. HERE TANK ENJOY YOUR KNOCK DOWNS STUNS PINS KNOCKBACKS ENJOY AGGRO DROPPING FOR A WALKABOUT OF MEANDERING WING FLAPS AND I HOPE YOU GET PEARL TAUNTED BEFORE HE DECIDES TO FACE RIP A HEALER WITH A FULL ORDER OF PECKS-

if it's not clear, tanks don't like Pearl. Pearl is a DBag.

Not really relevant but, Vis Fatalis on TOFN are 6/10 atm though we only raid 6h a week. (I am assuming this is very low compared to many guilds on that list). We tend to focus more on pvp. And we've been slacking last 2 weeks :( Got all 6 down tonight so might progress this week.

We took an extra day to progress yesterday, we got 7/10 now. Today will be another regular scheduled day, hopefully we'll get 8/10 and down masterblaster.

Oh, we got Cora at some point. First kill was bugged because we didn't bother to reset. So it was a major let down and we didn't count it. Second one couple of days after was proper with loot, achievements and all that. I think it was around 18th but I could very well be wrong. Not like we've pushed or anything, being able to raid whopping 4-5 hours properly per week (at best) for a long while now. :confused: