HM Ravagers & Temple progression thread

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we cleared content i may try to give some feedback about difficulty level - in my opinion of course.

First of all, from progression guild perspective - thats really nice idea to do this content less casual, and more mechanics dependant. In many moments this content was on previous NiM's level or sometime even above.

But i had felling that BW wasn't sure what they wanna do with those operations - few bosses are too easy - yet Revan may be overtuned and others are just hard (other thing is that some bosses were hard just because bugs etc.). Please remember we are talking about HM content, not NiM's. So im thinking of HM content as an operations for most of population not for some % of it. Clearly many can see is nothing similar to DP, DF HM. So there is a question - how much time do usual guild will need to clear it? I know many guild which cleared DP, DF NiM (after nerf) but now they are stuck on 2/5 and 2/5 or 4/5 and 4/5 - people are leaving guilds or just quiting.

By usual im not talking about guilds which are listed in this topics because some of them are best on the world when others are at nearly top level. Im just curious about guilds which are raiding in casual way, they are not perfect on the mechanics, don't do 4,5 -5 k on dummy, and their healers are not doing 10 eHPS together on bosses, they are not raiding 7 days per week, many times even not 3-4. Im curious how much time guild with really average people raiding 2-3 days per week within 3 hours will need to clear this content. Because i think for most of population, maybe even fo 80% or more this content without nerfs may be too hard if not impossible to kill.

You can say - whatever, we killed it - thats their problem - learn to play etc. Well thats point of view of progression or hardcore guild. But on the other hand usual average player may not have option to do this content - you can clearly see that most of guilds got even problems on SM operations, and PUG's raiding on many servers is dead, or really hard to do.

So idea of doing harder content it is nice, really nice, and i totally agree with that but in wider picture i think it may affect population in poor way. So as Milas said it would be nice to get some feedback from BW about that - if they like to do now HM like previous NiM's, and SM like HM its ok, but i think people should know about that.

By usual im not talking about guilds which are listed in this topics because some of them are best on the world when others are at nearly top level. Im just curious about guilds which are raiding in casual way, they are not perfect on the mechanics, don't do 4,5 -5 k on dummy, and their healers are not doing 10 eHPS together on bosses, they are not raiding 7 days per week, many times even not 3-4. Im curious how much time guild with really average people raiding 2-3 days per week within 3 hours will need to clear this content. Because i think for most of population, maybe even fo 80% or more this content without nerfs may be too hard if not impossible to kill.

Depends on how you define casual. With regards to time spent raiding, my guild is pretty casual. We have 2 groups raiding 3 hours on 2 days each, and both of those groups are at 4/5 ToS and 3/5 Rav. But playwise, our players are really above average imo(pretty much all dps pulling 4.5-5k on the dummy, healers reaching up to your mentioned 10k eHPS), so don't know if that counts :)

Just as example, we had 4/5 DF NiM pre nerf, and clear+time-run before 3.0. Sadly no pre-nerf DP kills, but that was mostly due to our tanks not seeing the adds on Bestia spawn because of bad hardware back then(they have better now :)).

@JDotter: We(as a guild) don't care about progression tracking, so don't bother adding us ;)