Season 4 Reward Teaser Blog

TaitWatson

Well hopefully you give the crystals to those who legitimately participate with a ranking of at least 900 or more. at the same time you should probably think about what you are going to do for those classes you are nerfing. Maybe you should refund warzone coms since you are screwing them.

Might want to try a rating higher than 900. I'm pretty sure you can go in and throw 10 games and have a rating of 1000. Could be wrong there, but I think that's how it works.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might want to try a rating higher than 900. I'm pretty sure you can go in and throw 10 games and have a rating of 1000. Could be wrong there, but I think that's how it works.

I think the minimum should be 1000.

900 is too low, and 1100 seems a bit high if your server has a low Ranked pop.

I thought this was a Star Wars game? Those don't look "Star Wars" at all.

In fact, way too much stuff in the game looks NOTHING like Star Wars. Bioware need to make things look like they belong in this world, not just do whatever, whenever, and make ugly armor that looks like a 5 yr old designed it.

But hey, I don;t do ranked anymore anyway. Too many rude elitist types ruin it for me to want to put up with it.

This is a Star Wars game! Is that your opinion or are you being sarcastic? I'm just wondering!

Having a requirement at 900 and a requirement at 1000 is essentially the same thing, since the lowest rating you can have after 10 games is 1000.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me that the rapier-hilted lightsaber model will be coming to the game in other ways! I don't PvP (I'm a groupfinder hero PuG-lord) but I want one of those so bad...

Can we get a reskin of that weapon in an upcoming Cartel Market pack, or as a rare drop from an endgame boss, or from the Rishi rep vendor?

I severely doubt that, we have not gotten a reskin of the flaming pistols from Season 3. So, i'd start working on PvP gear ASAP if you want the saber.

I agree, and for my PvP main to be a Marauder (I know, laugh at me now.) I would want the Weapons to be at that lowest tier, combined with my server's low ranked Queue (The Harbinger) I want those weapons, but I can't do Ranked easily...

Edit: We really need a post merge function...

Edited by Kaos_KidSWTOR

I agree, and for my PvP main to be a Marauder (I know, laugh at me now.) I would want the Weapons to be at that lowest tier, combined with my server's low ranked Queue (The Harbinger) I want those weapons, but I can't do Ranked easily...

Edit: We really need a post merge function...

The weapons will be at least tier 2, you can count on it.

Ranked is a Joke while bioware do not proply balance it and while it's easly exploited with sync queue. Old guild, everybody synq it and got the rewards and none was cought. It's a joke.

And its pretty simple to minimize it, but bioware DEVs are stubborn enough and/or dumb enough to fix it.

Put cross server queue. It'll solve a lot of things with a single change.

You would have more people to play at anytime, now some hours, you queue and need to wait a lifetime before start.

More queue at same time with a lot of server it's harder to sync it.

It would aid the crap server history, if a server a faction win all the time, cross server this faction would play with different players of other servers and you'll get less frustrated of getting rapped over and over by same pre made.

It's the logical thing to do, but as i said, bioware dev do not care, they want to do cartel stuff to get money only.

Plus Bioware could make a system where it would never pop the queue instantly, even if enough people, it could wait like 15 secods, and then make the teams, so even if you sync it would have high chance to make other teams.

Edited by Benets

• Dev Post
That's quite a nice suggestion, it would be nice if the vendors were updated once in a while as well.

While I'm on that subject of vendors Tait, any chance of ever having the old Firebrand Schematics made available and adjusted to a Valor 80 requirement?

Good question/suggestion, we will discuss it. No promises.

• Dev Post
Well hopefully you give the crystals to those who legitimately participate with a ranking of at least 900 or more.

As stated in the "Ranked Seasons in 2015" post, Season 4 will have a rating floor. We will watch the season and see where ratings are and then set where the floor number, but characters with very low rating will not be receiving any rewards. The goal here is to reward players that are participating in the spirit of ranked play.

As stated in the "Ranked Seasons in 2015" post, Season 4 will have a rating floor. We will watch the season and see where ratings are and then set where the floor number, but characters with very low rating will not be receiving any rewards. The goal here is to reward players that are participating in the spirit of ranked play.

Great. Anything that deters the terrible reward moochers, who lol at the spirit of ranked play, from queuing is welcome.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Will you make a good looking color this time? o.O

Please don't have the floor too high. In solo rated, you are completely dependent on the other players in queue. In season 3, I lost every single match, just because the Republic DPS players are not nearly as good as the Imperial DPS players on my server. Just because someone lost 10 matches in a row and is at 890 rating does not mean he is throwing matches, he may be doing the best he can but is powerless against the other players.

It would be a shame if someone put in all the work and credits to get a full Dark Reaver gear and augment it, only to not receive a single reward for the season. :(

Definitely not, when you lose all 10 matches, you are much lower than 1000, more like somewhere between 800 and 900. However, how many points you go down also depends on who you are matched against, so there may very well be some rated throwers who got lucky in their match-up and ended up at 1000 highest rating even though they lost every match. :mad:

Edited by Jerba

You should also make the rating different on each side.. The majority of decent pvp players on TOFN are all playing on imperial side... Just now, by looking at the leaderbords for the server, you will find that top 50 are 49 imps, and 1 republic player...